AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

View Poll Results: Would you attend this discus show?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would attend

54 54.55%
  • I would probably attend

15 15.15%
  • It's less than 50 percent I would go

7 7.07%
  • No, I won't attend

23 23.23%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NADA Discus Show Dallas, Texas

Cool Re: NADA Discus Show Dallas, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyDiscus View Post
    I am commiting NOW. Like Dan I remember the old shows and I will tell anyone who did not have the pleasure of attending one that you will not regret going. I will bring fish (as I did in 95 Tampa) and donate to NADA all procedes to help defer costs. I REALLY hope to meet most of you there,,, EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE. Andrew Soh and Dick Au amoung others mentioned would be most favorable. Did I mention IM in? Sween, Maybe the mad Canadian can drive your way and pick you up? We could sit back at the meetings and munch on bowls of discus bits and on occasion throw some at Joe Gargas

LOUD SQUEAL OF DELIGHT!!! Sounds like the makings of a plan, Mostman! The Three Amigos ride again!
    Best fishes,
    Mary Sweeney
    http://www.amazonasmagazine.com
    mary.sweeney@reef2rainforest.com

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Default Re: NADA Discus Show Dallas, Texas

I am here to tell everyone that you will have a great time! There will be no replacement for this show. Remember we are just asking who would be interested in showing up. Voting in the poll is not a real commitment. Please let us know if this is something that NADA needs to commit too. When we first started NADA one of the complaints was that we were not doing enough. Sometimes it takes a while for a club to get up and running but here is our chance to make NADA into a happening thing.

-john

P.S. I hope this happens. There are a lot of new folks on here that I would like to meet.

Registered Member

I voted probably. I can't remember the last time I went anywhere by myself, sans wife and children, other than Home Depot or my hometown to visit my mother...

I figure $1K ought to be entirely enough to budget for everything- airfare from Denver and all, with something left over...

Registered Member

I'm right next door to Dallas. I voted yes. will it cost anything to get in to the show i'm thanks.
    "DON'T HOOK FISH,BUT GET HOOKED ON FISH.
    15 gallon (using for grow out)bare bottom discus tank,3 young juvies,4 fry.

Real Name
    Ricardo

i'm thinking of crashing at my uncle's house after like 10 yrs of not seeing him just to make this show. i will try to plan out the schematics.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

This in on my backyard. No way I'll miss the opportunity to meet the speakers and other hobbyist.

Lets get some show of hands! Come on folks, did you see who will be speaking and maybe some possibles speakers. Many people bringing fish and just an amazing congregation of discus people from all over! I am sure you can spin it if you plan in advance. I'm planning now and its not even remotely cheap for me to fly from Okinawa Japan. I look forward to meeting everyone from Simply! The Team, the sponsors the members and everybody!

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Banned

Thumbs up Re: NADA Discus Show Dallas, Texas

I'm all in.

Mat

The speaker line up can't be beat, no doubt about that!!

What I hope to see is a room where we can walk in and see some of the best fish from the great Simply sponsors - John and Andy, Mike D. and Mike B., Eric, Al, Angel, Hans, Jack, Dan E. and Dan V., Cary, Bill, Kenny, Ken, Mark, George, etc. Not to mention all the hobbyist entries! Could be a once in a lifetime opportunity to see all those great fish in one room!!
    President NADA

SOS Crew - Texas

Excellent, thats another! Here is what I don't understand, everyday there about 400+ people logging onto Simply and barely 40 people have decided on whether or not they are gonna go, thats unreal. This is going to be what you make of it people. Lots of amazing discus enthusiasts and alot of superior quality fish. If this goes off, I am there, already decided! Looking forward to meeting some of the greats, past present and future! All of you!

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Banned

Smile Re: NADA Discus Show Dallas, Texas

Promoting a discus show is a big event. Support is needed. Who must this support come from? Betta keepers? Rift Lake cichlid keepers? Guppy keepers? No. Discus keepers.

Now is the time to step up and support a discus show put on by discus keepers for discus keepers, if we can put it together. We need the hobbyists as well as the professional breeders and importers.

Show up in Dallas.

Mat

You guys do know we are in a depression. Many people have lost their jobs. Many will lose their jobs as unemployment continues to rise(over 500,000 every month). Many have lost a third or more of their stock investments in the last year. Many are concerned about the value of their house as it continues to fall. Many have had their hours cut at work and their salaries cut and are worried their pensions might get cut. Things are very tough right now and they probably won't get better for a very long time. So with all these concerns, it makes it hard for people to commit to any kind of event in the future.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/17588181/S...ment-July-2009

The true total unemployment rate is around 16.5 - 20% and getting worse.

http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/to...ady-at-20.aspx

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t12.htm

Quote Originally Posted by terps View Post
    You guys do know we are in a depression. Many people have lost their jobs. Many will lose their jobs as unemployment continues to rise(over 500,000 every month). Many have lost a third or more of their stock investments in the last year. Many are concerned about the value of their house as it continues to fall. Many have had their hours cut at work and their salaries cut and are worried their pensions might get cut. Things are very tough right now and they probably won't get better for a very long time. So with all these concerns, it makes it hard for people to commit to any kind of event in the future.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/17588181/S...ment-July-2009

The true total unemployment rate is around 16.5 - 20% and getting worse.

http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/to...ady-at-20.aspx

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t12.htm
    There is always the armed forces!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

By cracky, if I'm physically ok, I'll find a way to get there...hated missing the ACA & the NEDA, but I'm finding myself "physically challenged", & the ACA is across town & there is no shuttle; can't even pull a suitcase, never mind drive that...but next yr maybe things will get better...would love to see this plan work & would support any way I can...sounds like a wonderful, fun mtg...boy would I love to be able to bring fish, the spirit is willing....lol....

Dottie
    TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

PROUD TO BE A FOUNDING MEMBER OF NADA! MAY WE CONTINUE TO PROSPER!

Registered Member silent_thunder's Avatar

I know a girl in Dallas I have not seen in a long time LOL

Dallas here I come and I ain`t going to jail THIS time LOL

D

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast