ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NEDA Summer Meeting - BRAVO !!!

Thumbs up NEDA Summer Meeting - BRAVO !!!

WHAT AN EVENT TO BE PART OF!!!! TRUELY SPECTACULAR

Firstly Thanks Mark and family for being a trememdous host all day and organizing an event that will only have good no no .. great memories.

It truly was a gorgeous day to have an outdoor event and with swimming pool by the side - a fantastic combo.

Auction - what an auction; Raffle - thanks all for contributing to the raffle ; Exquisite food - I liked it more than what I would have liked had I been eaten all of that , what to mention about the homebrew it was strong this time but nonetheless - I managed.

Simply Friends nice meeting all and enjoyed talking to all - Al (brewmaster), Mark (GrillMaster), Patrick (patrickrichard), David (dpt8), Fred (Fred22), Rob (subcooler), Tom (Organic farmer), Rich (RichT and Richweg), Martha (mmoris), Kenny (Acroken), Bob (BobTools), Shawn (ShawnHu), Donna (hope), Brian (Tofe) , Steve (Scolley), Mehran, Chandan (csarkar001) - I hope I have not missed anybody.. I like to remember and keep things in mind.. too much in it already!!!
    There were many family friends, cousins visiting from UK (besides Paul) and Scotland - I knew we could have had a cricket match, seemed like a "house full" excellent excellent family event.

Friend from overseas - Paul (pcsb23 on SD and paul on BIDKA)- excellent friendship made my friend. One person for sure I can say that I can visit UK with pride and have quality time. Not to mention the discus and BIDKA ownership as his forte. Very interesting and in-depth account of organizing a discus show. Seemed to me like Gandalph telling Frodo the path to Fire of the Mount Doom in the Land of Mordor. The experience shared by Paul truly seemed like an event to be accounted by the minutes with hours being lost to gain tremendous pride and satisfaction. Task well done my friend.

Al – The White re-enforcing the need on conservation of the wild for the growth of the hobby. This is not just a need but a duty as part of the hobby with a motive that our kids and grand-kids (now I feel I am really old – not that there is anything wrong about it) get to enjoy the same hobby as we have so far. This discussion started with a very important topic of eradication of local pet store by chains as the business model has changed to more fast pace internet type of shopping model. Clearly none of these topics can be solved by “next Thursday” but its upon us to show the willingness to make the change happen more at the nuclear level and importantly the willingness to let go of some profit from internet shopping for the benefit of the local pet guy down the street. Local pet stores too are equally responsible for this – as the wise said – one cannot clap with one hand.

The firework spectacle was the one that rejuvenated the journey back home. Hope you guys enjoy the small movie again from the camera phone – I am a fan on my camera phone than my real digital camera.

At the end of the day, I was thinking I spent 14 hours away from my own family. This is way more than most of my work days. But this time was with another family that this hobby has given me. How many are fortunate around here to truly embrace an event like this wholeheartedly, make it their own with one and one expectation we all need to have a good time. Think about it how many places and events we go to where involved people have their own agendas and then you come and be part of an event like such where you get together with no bindings, no action items, no dues just pure enjoyment. Cannot be any better than this. I truly feel there is some good karma that is with me to make me be a part of this group.

“I LOVE IT”
    Last edited by ashaysathe; 07-26-2009 at 11:50 AM.
    Ashay Sathe
    Always two there are, no more, no less: a master and an apprentice.

Blog: http://vrsathe.blogspot.com/

Default Re: NEDA Summer Meeting - BRAVO !!!

Wow Ashay, great video, more reason I'm sad not to be able to be there....so glad it went well...hopefully I'll make the next yr get-together...

Dottie
    TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

PROUD TO BE A FOUNDING MEMBER OF NADA! MAY WE CONTINUE TO PROSPER!

Hi there... WOW sounds like an awesome time was had by all. Hopefully we will be out there for the next one... Beer, fireworks, bbq, great folks and discus.. How can you miss..Glad everyone had a fantastic time... More pics so those of us who couldn't go can vicarious re-live the experience.. Sue

Ashay, you said this so well - read my heart and mind! Ditto!

Dinae

Thanks to Mark for a great get together... Thanks also to Mark and Al for getting Paul here and planning such an awesome event.. Great to see all our friends and meet new ones !! David

Those of us who stayed late were up until the wee hours, drinking one more beer around the campfire and pausing to reflect on the events of the day. I thought the meet an unmitigated success and it was because everyone who came, brought with them a warmth and generosity that was second to none. I can't thank Paul enough for taking time out of his busy schedule to come so far to meet us and speak with us. He gave me a lot of good ideas to ponder. Mark not only provided the venue but was, literally, the backbone of all the scheduled events. Al invested so much of himself in the organization of the event, was the greatest of auctioneers and his presentation addressed a lot of crucial issues we are all facing. I think it's fair to say the brew was the best beer I've ever tasted! Many thanks to Patrick and Ashay, who worked tirelessly behind the scenes. And thanks to all of you who brought sodas, food, eating utensils, auction items; to those of you who so generously purchased raffle tickets and who bid with such determination for the auction items. I am happy to have come away with new friends and some of Bob Tools' absolutely gorgeous discus!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Mark for a great time you can,t do it any better than that.

Fred

More:

and:

more:

My apologies for the size of these three; I wasn't allowed to post them any other way.

Martha, Thanks also to you for your tireless efforts and bookkeeping !! :9) David T

Mark thanks for your hospitality breakfast was great. It was nice to put some faces with names it was nice meeting you guys. Al thanks for the beefheart mix it smells like freash seafood my fish are going crazy over it.
    Richard

Great pictures Martha, really wish I could have gone. Looked like it was a great time!

Take care all,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

It was also great to have the ladies from the Pioneer Valley Aquarium Society and the two ladies from Feather and Fin Aquarium ( LFS ) join us. Great interaction and thanks for their interest !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast