AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: July 30th challenge update

Default July 30th challenge update

Hello all,
    Everything is still going smooth with the contest discus. Feedings are still at 8 x daily and 80% w/c in the mornings. I mix up their feedings between flakes, pellets and home mixes. Mornings they receive a 75% seafood and 25% b/h mix with x-vitamins , afternoons 75% b/h and 25% seafood and evenings 50/50 with veggies. Growth is good and developing nicely. I have had no problems at all with these guys so far I have cut out added color enhancers in my mixes for awhile. My work schedule has been crazy as I am traveling to NYC everyday 3 hour drive each way, so I am exhausted! I will not slip on their schedule though. 4 hours sleep and start it all over again Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Kenny

[IMG] [/IMG]

Default Re: July 30th challenge update

Kenny,

They really look amazing! Well done!

Sorry to hear about your commute.

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Absolutely STUNNING Kenny. Its gonna a tough comp man, your fish are looking phenomenal! Outstanding job!

Take care,
    Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Dude, I had to watch that video again. Show quality fish man, for real. Those are some of the best looking Albinos I have ever seen, no doubt!

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member

Wow great looking stock. I admire your commitment.With respect Tom

Registered Member Cooldadddyfunk286's Avatar

Kenny, I love your group...they are all so uniform and beautiful!!! perfect body shapes, getting FAT too! and I love the look to your pics, I cant figure out what it is....but keep up the great work bro! its gonna be a real tuff call when its time to pick a winner. the rest of the group has some tuff competition here, I know that much!

take care Kenny!
    -Jason-
    -------------------------

Hi Kenny

Hey those guys look really really good. Their color, size and health are great.
    Bill

Real Name
    Chris

Your discus look absolutely incredible Kenny! Beautiful shape and color and nice and thick. All of your hard work is really showing in the quality of these guys.

BTW sorry about the bummer commute.

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

Those fish look phenomenal Kenny! Love the vid!

Real Name
    Ricardo

your camera shots are great! no need to change anything IMO. they do seem a tad on the dark side but it might be the tank itself rather than the pics. regardless, you can boost up the ISO by one notch and it should look brighter. you can also adjust the exposure. i don't think you ever told me what kind of camera you have. from the looks of it it looks like a good one

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Great pics and great discus. You mean you have made several mixes and feed only those ?? Must have been a crazy time in the kitchen.. Hang in there on the commute.. Great job !! David T

Your doing an outstanding job with these guys Kenny!! The commute has to be drgagging you down a little. That just shows how committed you are!

BTW...I have the glass tops to your 55G my friend.
    Mark

Looking good Kenny. they look so big and hang in there

hendri
    Henry
    Back to Discus grin:

Thumbs up Re: July 30th challenge update

Kenny,

They are looking great-Your commitment definately shows through the fish!

Driving into NYC daily-that must be a frustrating drive!

Keep up the good work,
    Rob
    If you get confused... Listen to the music play-
    Jerry Garcia

avionics30
    Kenny,
    They really look amazing! Well done!
    Sorry to hear about your commute.
    Best wishes!
    Thanks Chad. I appreciate the reply
    Eddie
    Dude, I had to watch that video again. Show quality fish man, for real. Those are some of the best looking Albinos I have ever seen, no doubt!

Absolutely STUNNING Kenny. Its gonna a tough comp man, your fish are looking phenomenal! Outstanding job!
    Take care,
    Eddie
    Thanks Pal, I am just keeping them alive. Forrest and Kenny really sent out some superb discus for this challenge! They are looking tough, if they were human they would be thugs!
    Organic Farmer
    Wow great looking stock. I admire your commitment.With respect Tom
    thanks Tom, look forward to seeing you at the next meeting
    Cooldadddyfunk286
    Kenny, I love your group...they are all so uniform and beautiful!!! perfect body shapes, getting FAT too! and I love the look to your pics, I cant figure out what it is....but keep up the great work bro! its gonna be a real tuff call when its time to pick a winner. the rest of the group has some tuff competition here, I know that much!
    take care Kenny!
    Jason, thanks for the steady reply's to my posts. It makes it enjoyable. I feel the same way sometimes when I look at them. They are really doing well. Thanks Bro!
    wgtaylor
    Hi Kenny
    Hey those guys look really really good. Their color, size and health are great.
    Bill
    Bill, have you looked at your contest fish, i am only trying to keep up Thanks my friend
    Scribbles
    Your discus look absolutely incredible Kenny! Beautiful shape and color and nice and thick. All of your hard work is really showing in the quality of these guys.
    BTW sorry about the bummer commute.
    Chris
    Thanks Chris, my tanks are set up so minimal time is required for maintenance. It really helps in busy times. Thanks again
    calihawker
    Those fish look phenomenal Kenny! Love the vid!
    That video was taken late at night.i know you understand that after your last couple weeks. I will do better on my posts. Thanks Steve-O
    rickztahone
    your camera shots are great! no need to change anything IMO. they do seem a tad on the dark side but it might be the tank itself rather than the pics. regardless, you can boost up the ISO by one notch and it should look brighter. you can also adjust the exposure. i don't think you ever told me what kind of camera you have. from the looks of it it looks like a good one
    Hey Ricardo, my camera is just a canon G10. The tanks itself is pretty dark due to the contest fishes eyesight. I was interested in the function of the histogram to help me balance out the dim lighting. I do not like to play with photos too much, or i will end up with purple discus I appreciate your help!
    dpt8
    Great pics and great discus. You mean you have made several mixes and feed only those ?? Must have been a crazy time in the kitchen.. Hang in there on the commute.. Great job !! David T
    LoL, That is what my girl friend always asks me "making more food" which usually means i take her out for dinner. I think she is jealous of them LoL. Thanks David
    GrillMaster
    Your doing an outstanding job with these guys Kenny!! The commute has to be drgagging you down a little. That just shows how committed you are!
    BTW...I have the glass tops to your 55G my friend.
    It sure is dragging me down. The worst is sitting in traffic when you are so very tired. Quick 30 sec naps. The tank i picked up from you looks awesome, i set it up last weekend. We will hook up at the next meeting.Thanks again for putting on an outstanding party. It was perfect.
    hedut
    Looking good Kenny. they look so big and hang in there
    hendri
    I think i need a bigger tank!! Thanks Hendri
    subcooler
    Kenny,
    They are looking great-Your commitment definately shows through the fish!
    Driving into NYC daily-that must be a frustrating drive!
    Thanks Rob. I am in this for the long haul. Who need sleep. Talk to you soon. Thanks Pal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast