AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QUIKRETE Pool Filter Sand

Default QUIKRETE Pool Filter Sand

I found this Pool Filter Sand at a Local Pool Supply Store today it is dark Tan in color and was only $5.19 a bag for 50 Lbs and VERY coarse.

Printed on bag as follows:

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION QUIKRETEŽ Filter Sand is narrowly graded pre washed clean dry silica sand specially graded for use in swimming pool filters.

Composition and Materials: QUIKRETEŽ Filter Sand is high quality silica sand.

Packaging: 50-lb (13.6 Kg) bags

Color: tan.

TECHNICAL QUIKRETEŽ Filter Sand has a predominant size range as follows:

US Sieve Size 20-40

Particle size (0.85-0.425 mm)
    "Don't count your Discus before they hatch" ............Joe

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: QUIKRETE Pool Filter Sand

i've been trying to find some and have been unsuccessful. i do plan on going to a masonry shop soon though. hopefully they have some

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

I am fixing to do a vinegar test on it.

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    i've been trying to find some and have been unsuccessful. i do plan on going to a masonry shop soon though. hopefully they have some
    Ricardo, I am told that lowes carries it at times.

Is this the same as the play sand? I've used it for a long time. Works great!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by avionics30 View Post
    Is this the same as the play sand? I've used it for a long time. Works great!
    Chad the bag said Pool Filter Sand on it but they may bag the same stuff in different bags for all I know.

I am posting a pic of some of it, this is the coarsest sand I have ever seen in my life it is so coarse that it is almost a very fine gravel and BTW it did pass the Vinegar test. I think this is heavy enough to even gravel vac!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by CTD View Post
    Chad the bag said Pool Filter Sand on it but they may bag the same stuff in different bags for all I know.

I am posting a pic of some of it, this is the coarsest sand I have ever seen in my life it is so coarse that it is almost a very fine gravel and BTW it did pass the Vinegar test. I think this is heavy enough to even gravel vac!
    that is pretty coarse. i was looking for something a little lighter though. was this the only color?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

that is pretty coarse. i was looking for something a little lighter though. was this the only color?
    Ricardo it is the only color that I saw anyway of that brand. And I did tell the lady when I got there that I was looking for another color of Pool Sand other than the Super Fine Grade of Snow White of another brand that they carry there.

That's definately not play sand. Play sand is very white and fine. I love it!

Try the play sand. Same price as this at home depot.

Ricardo it is the only color that I saw anyway of that brand. And I did tell the lady when I got there that I was looking for another color of Pool Sand other than the Super Fine Grade of Snow White of another brand that they carry there.
    Play sand is the way to go for the price. I wouldn't say it's snow white, but is white and very fine!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by avionics30 View Post
    That's definately not play sand. Play sand is very white and fine. I love it!

Try the play sand. Same price as this at home depot.

Play sand is the way to go for the price. I wouldn't say it's snow white, but is white and very fine!

Best wishes!
    i actually went to HD and saw the play sand but i thought it would be too fine. it looked exactly like the kind at the kids playgrounds but a little darker. if it was lighter i would have gotten it and seen how it does but again it just looked too fine to me. there might just be different sizes or something. i'll try Lowes

Cafepress.com

I put some of the Sand in to see how My Brilliant Blues would look against its color and I think they look much Bluer than they did with a white painted bottom.

Lowes had the QK premium play sand on special this past week sitting outside near the contractors entrance. Buy two 50# bags @ $2.60 and get one free.

Real Name
    Ricardo

I put some of the Sand in to see how My Brilliant Blues would look against its color and I think they look much Bluer than they did with a white painted bottom.
    that looks much better than i thought it would. it really makes the colors pop! great job. do you have a full tank shot?

Cafepress.com

Here you are Ricardo.

for those who are looking for sand thats not as corse and alot lighter in color, try silica sand.. works great.. im about to replace my gravel with this stuff. hope this helps out.
    nolan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast