AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: update 9

Registered Member

Default update 9

Hey everyone,

So, what are we, a little over a couple months into this. Things are still going well. Fish are still eating extremely well. My wife can't get over the fact that they come to the front to eat even if it's just the lab that stops to stare into the tank. Water quality has been stable. Got the top dog that is growing much better than the rest and is starting to get more striping to him. He's even getting some spotting in his vertical striping. The remainder of the fish are more evenly colored with little striping. A couple of them are paler but still good looking fish.

I gotta say that everyone in the challenge have fantastic looking fish. Still proud to be part of this.

Everyone take care and good luck to you all.

Kirk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: update 9

Fish are looking great Kirk! Keep up the good work!

Hope is well!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Real Name
    Chris

Looking super! Thanks for the update.

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

Registered Member

they look fantastic!

Registered Member

Thanks folks. They're looking OK but I think they're lacking compared to some of the others I've seen. Oh well, I'll keep plugging away.

Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by kirkp View Post
    Thanks folks. They're looking OK but I think they're lacking compared to some of the others I've seen. Oh well, I'll keep plugging away.

Kirk
    Don't give up before its over Kirk, there is a long way to go and discus tend to catch up in growth. Just keep doing the great work buddy! Its all good, I am sure!

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member

agree with eddie..

what makes you think that your fish are not doing ok? is it maybe because of the output of the picture? pictures don't do judgment.. we as the discus keeper knows that our fish are doing great, because we are in there personally..

actually, you know what.. i kind off not like the way my camera shows the result of the fish.. i'm still playing with it..

so, keep your heads up.. everything you did was fantastic!

Totally agree Kirk! Your fish look great and they appear to be right on track. Keep up the good work!

Registered Member

Thanks for the posts. Don't worry, I refuse to say die. It only takes one fish to take this competition However, that's not what it's all about. I want to do the best I can to see that all these fish reach their full potential. As was stated, we have a long way to go.

Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by kirkp View Post
    I want to do the best I can to see that all these fish reach their full potential. As was stated, we have a long way to go.
    Kirk
    Hey Kirk

Don't think you have anything to be worried about at all, your discus look great.
    Their color and health are perfect and biggest is 4" or better. After 1 year I bet
    everyone's discus will all max out to their potential if we don't run into problems.
    Consistency and time we all will have pretty nice discus in the end.
    You are doing great and your discus are awesome.
    Take care,
    Bill

Registered Member Diamond Discus's Avatar

They look great Kirk. I find that Discus grow in spurts. One day you think they are not growing, then the next time you look, you wonder who stole you little ones and replaced them with big ones. I had 2 bigger ones in my batch of 8 for a while, and now they are all pretty evenly sized; although you can tell the males from the females...usually the males are a bit bigger. But sometime a less dominant male will stay a bit smaller until the dominant males are removed from the tank.

Chin up!! You are doing great!
    Sue

Registered Member

Kirk, fish are looking spectacular. Man its gonna be a close comp in the end! Keep up the good work!

Regards
    Ahmed
    Is there an antibiotic for aquarists!