AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Wayne blues

Registered Member Cooldadddyfunk286's Avatar

Default Re: Wayne blues

haha I hear ya bro...I hear ya.

So...I went and checked out this tank to house my 7 new blues. Its a used 75 gallon tank with stand that was previously used for a saltwater reef setup. aside for a few minor scratches on the glass, this tank is in great shape!! no calcium buildup or anything like that, it looks great. and its huuuge! its like a JUMBO 40 breeder...I like them like that, nice and long and deep...its the depth that counts for me. these fish need space to turn around! Dan knows what Im talkin about Im tryin to grow some monster blues!

So Im real excited about this 75 gal. this will be my biggest tank and my 4th discus tank, if you count the QT (which I seem to keep stocked) Ill give it a good scrub down with some bleach and throw some pics on here when I get it. I think Im going to get it tomorrow night. and Im getting a SWEET deal...75 gal tank with custom built stand that is suuuper strong, its over-built if anything, and also an old, clean fluval canister he just threw in the deal...all for $110.00 ...sweet right?

I think I might frame this and hang it over this 75 gal. wayne blues tank...what do u think? ...you can make fun of me if you'd like
    Last edited by Cooldadddyfunk286; 08-18-2009 at 05:43 PM.
    -Jason-
    -------------------------

Ah....I would just grow them out to look like that, that you have the real thing and not a poster.

Take care bro,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

thats the plan my man
    -Jason-

Registered Member

yo Jason, how can you post the pics of my BK and show to everybody! lolx......

you didnt know I came and stole that one out of your house?? had to use a pool skimmer to catch him!
    -Jason-

Registered Member

hahha..... thats why theres only 9 BK in my tank when I count them this morning!

leave the door open Ill come scoop the rest! ...maybe Ill leave you one!! muwahahaha ...just kiddin folks.

you should post a full tank shot man, or a group shot... I wanna get other ppl posting their wayne blues on here too!
    -Jason-

Man, you guys know I wish I could post updates of my Wayne's blues but it looks like I'll have sit this one out from now on.

Super nice blues you'll got, I will have to get them again one day when I have access to Potassium Permanganate.

Keep the pictures coming!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

for sure Eddie, I know you will have us all pooping our pants over ur new wayne blues soon enough

hope everythings goin OK bro, take care
    -Jason-

Real Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    LOL, no....no new fish for a long time my friend, when you lose 4 tanks full, it BLOWS! At least I still have my ARDs and luckily they are in a whole other room!

Take care,

Eddie
    OMG Eddie, please tell us that you didn't lose all your discus.

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Scribbles View Post
    OMG Eddie, please tell us that you didn't lose all your discus.

Chris
    Not yet

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

so my wayne blues are doin great. they have gotten 100% WCs DAILY since I got them. I havnt missed 1 day. they also eat like pigs, and they REALLLY like angels plus plankton/krill growth flake! give it a try you guys!. I gotta get them out of this 30 gal. QT tho. I was supposed to get my 75 gal last night, but the dude went to sleep early. hopefully I can grab it this weekend...I dont want these fish spending too much time in that small tank...but ATLEAST they get 100% water change daily...even 150% a few times...and the tank is FULLY cycled using fritz zyme turbo start (amazing product). So they should be alright, and no lie, there has been some noticeable growth already! all the more reason to hurry up and move them to the 75...just a few more days Im sure
    -Jason-

Quote Originally Posted by Cooldadddyfunk286 View Post
    so my wayne blues are doin great. they have gotten 100% WCs DAILY since I got them. I havnt missed 1 day. they also eat like pigs, and they REALLLY like angels plus plankton/krill growth flake! give it a try you guys!. I gotta get them out of this 30 gal. QT tho. I was supposed to get my 75 gal last night, but the dude went to sleep early. hopefully I can grab it this weekend...I dont want these fish spending too much time in that small tank...but ATLEAST they get 100% water change daily...even 150% a few times...and the tank is FULLY cycled using fritz zyme turbo start (amazing product). So they should be alright, and no lie, there has been some noticeable growth already! all the more reason to hurry up and move them to the 75...just a few more days Im sure
    Yup Jason, those BKs grow while you watch them!

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Thats much better!

Man Jason, hope you have room for more tanks because at this rate, you could have over a half dozen pairs form with all your fish. And your gonna need some time on your hands too.....and money....and more tanks...............and more time, money.........and tanks, money money money, time time time!

Take care,

Eddie
    LoL..more tanks more time, more money.....time time time! LOL so true Eddie!

K guys, here goes a TON of new pics...these fish eat like pigs and also poop like pigs! LOL. I have done 100% daily WCs since I got them, not missing a day...some days 150% WCs. they really like all foods, not picky at all...I just gotta hurry up and get them in a bigger tank, they are puttin on some nice growth.

I just wanted to spot light a few fish here. Mainly my biggest BK and my biggest SAD...these are my 2 favorite fish out of the group. also some cool group shots, and some shots of them making quick work of some Angels Plus plankton/krill growth flake.

thanks for lookin guys! enjoy!

Last edited by Cooldadddyfunk286; 08-22-2009 at 03:55 PM.
    -Jason-

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast