AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: monster amazon sword

Default monster amazon sword

SO I got this medeum sized pretty little amazon sword from the LFS's "assorted sword" tank. Well now the silly thing is friggin huge...as in it can not be fully grown in and fit very well in my 75 or my 90..(looks like it should be in a 215-300 gallon tank. I have tried trimming it back but its only a matter of a week or two befor its eating up half the tank and shadeing out my crypts micro swords and other plants, now it has this verry woody stalk with what looks like might be a flower comeing up from the center...I might wait to see what it does but im very tempted to sell it back to the LFS and jungle vale out my tank or look for some type of med sized swords that wont grow and try to take over the tank. What types of broad leafed plants can I get that wont grow to monsterus perportions?

Real Name
    Walter

Default Re: monster amazon sword

Yes, some swords can grow gigantic (like this Veronica / Red Diamond sword).

http://www.forum.simplydiscus.com/sh...ad.php?t=54708

Some of the hybrid swords usually stay smaller, but not always. Echinodorus Kleiner Bar stays medium sized most of the time. Usually Veronica stays medium sized too.

Avoid the Rubin sword and the Ruffled sword (Echinorous martii); they both can grow huge.

Of course, you could always stick with the pygmy chain swords.

Walter
    Walter

Thanks for the suggestions man, and in fact i think I do indeed have a red diamon sword..."It just keeps getting bigger~!" lol I think i might try some java ferns and chain swords and a whole bunch more jungle vale...the fish realllly seem to love the jungle vale.

Real Name
    Ricardo

willing to sell?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Rick, I would but i just hacked it back a lot yesterday so its a little on the smaller side as to what it was , I also am conserned that over night shipping might be on the rediculously expensive side from TX to CA considering I dont have any kind of commercial account, aslo I would be conserned that it might sit in the back of some fedex truck in the blistering AZ sun along the way damageing or killing it leading ultimately to your dissapointment. You might be better off getting one from the LFS or an online service that has arrangements made for such transports.

Registered Member

i have swords in my set up and hope to have your problems soon