AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: i think this is trouble now..

Default Re: i think this is trouble now..

Marvin, I have not been able to see the videos, only read about the problems. I am lost as to what happened really. You moved the fish to the 40 for what reason? Was the 40 gallon sterilized and totally free of any possible pollutants prior to putting the fish in? Was there ever a diseased fish in that 40?

I really wish I could see the videos and help you out. I feel your pain and I am definitely there with you every step of the way. Don't give up, no matter what. You will pin this down and learn from it.

I am sorry and all my best,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Once again Marvin , I am so sorry. Eddie, have a look at the way his fish were swimming on Aug 19, when he had them in the newly black painted tank. Check the video, they look like something is going on with them then. So, I am thinking the problem started in the big black tank and continued when he transferred them to the 40 gal. What do you think? Sure hope the problem can be solved. Hang in there Marvin.
    Barb

Marvin,

So sorry to hear of your bad news. I was hoping that they would pull through for you. Please don't take it out on yourself about these fish. As it was mentioned...they are fish. Things will go wrong with them, we will treat them the best that we can and sometimes it just doesn't work out for us. I still believe that it has to do with your water coming in through the tap. Keep treating the water with prime and see what is going on with the remaining fish.

TC Evelyn

Registered Member

hi guys,

thanks for the effort.. but i think that's it for this guys..

this morning, i got 1 died after like 15mins another one died..

here's the measurement of them:

THIRD FISH DIED = 4.25"
    FOURTH FISH DIED = 4.0"

that's when i woke up in the morning.. now, i performed a 100% water change again.. after that, the two that remains are darting around like crazy for almost a min. after darting around.. boom! they are lying on the bottom now..

i noticed on my water even the aged one.. they are still cloudy.. even i put in the prime and it's been 12hrs. but still the water in the age bucket is soo cloudy.. i feel like i wanna use my aikido to someone who has something to do with this..

again guys, i got two remaining lying on the bottom with a cloudy water and dying.. i hope this fish will forgive me..

Marvin, very sorry to hear. Is there something in the storage container? I just don't understand what it is that is dropping them directly after a water change. That pushes me to toxins in the water. Do you have any way of filtering the tank water with activated carbon. It may be too late but worth a shot.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Marvin, very sorry to hear. Is there something in the storage container? I just don't understand what it is that is dropping them directly after a water change. That pushes me to toxins in the water. Do you have any way of filtering the tank water with activated carbon. It may be too late but worth a shot.

Eddie
    I am thinking the same thing. Maybe something in the water that is poison. Also, is this happening in multiple tanks? Did anything happen to the filters in the move? Maybe kill the bio? I am sorry to see this happen Marvin, hang in there.

Adrian
    Phillipians 4:4-7

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post

Eddie
    eddie,

there is only a heater and an airstone on the storage container.. the fish is dying even i didn't use the container to age the water.. i suspected TWO that has something to do with this.. THE CITY AND THE COMPANY that i have the system installed last 6 months ago..

i already called the city but no answer.. i called the company they said they'll send someone to check everything up for a faulty system and go from there.

i don't have any other filters to use with activated carbon. man, it's very heart breaking bud.. i guess i want to express all of this misery to our DOJO tonight.. it's haunting me..

thanks bud!

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    I am thinking the same thing. Maybe something in the water that is poison. Also, is this happening in multiple tanks? Did anything happen to the filters in the move? Maybe kill the bio? I am sorry to see this happen Marvin, hang in there.

Adrian
    thanks adrian.. there is nothing happens to the filter right before or after i moved them.. the same thing, it's just that different tank with new water..

other tanks? they are all dying on me.. all of them died before this.. now, i got:

1 X 40G = 2 dying fish
    1 X 30G = empty
    1 X 110G = empty
    1 X 55G = empty

that is all i've got..

Man, this is frustrating, wish I could be there to help you! Can you get a cheap filter and filter the tank with activated carbon for now?

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Hey Marvin

I wouldn't do a water change for a couple days, they don't need to have the daily changes.
    Maybe your water source will clear by then.

Bill

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Well, dang it all Marvin! We know you tried to save them. It just has to be something in your water. Be sure to keep pestering the city to tell you about the water. And let someone come check it out in your home if you can. Did all your other fish die the same way? How long has it all been going on? Just days or much longer? Somehow the cause has to be found. Try to be strong and you will get through this, just keep looking forward and don't spend too much time looking back. It will help.
    Barb

Registered Member

guys, thanks alot for all of your inputs.. you know what until now, the water is still so cloudy.. i never had this cloudy water before.. that even a couple of days, it's still sooo cloudy..

anyways, here's the video of them dying..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFnJ_TRFae0

Marvin, ya, that video is tough to watch. I know how hard you have tried with them.
    Prime should have got rid of the chlorine, chloramines and most heavy metals so
    charcoal filter or ro water would be your only choice now.
    It's possible they have put copper pipes in your house and it's leaching into the water too
    or work on the main lines by you, it's really impossible to tell, no crystal ball for this one.
    Cannot tell if your cloudy water is tiny air bubbles or milky sediment?

You have lost a lot of discus and that's not good, if the fish cannot live in your water then
    if I were you I would invest in a small ro unit for drinking and cooking water and maybe a
    little left over to run one of your tanks.

I hope one or two are able to get through this, they will be your hero's.

Bill

Real Name
    Chris

I feel for you Marvin. We've all been there but that doesn't make it any easier. I agree that there is something in the water. Who knows what. We are all here for you.

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

Man Marv, that is very hard to watch. The fish still look gorgeous just not surviving. I am very sorry this has happened and hope that you can figure out what went wrong. Are you 100% positive that you have never used any old equipment that the fish are around now. Was the tank new or sterilized, was the net new or sterilized? Anything at all, was it ever used with other fish?

From the video, I don't see any cloudy water. I see white particles floating around and stuff collected on the filter but no cloudiness really.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast