AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: i think this is trouble now..

Registered Member

Default Re: i think this is trouble now..

thanks again guys for the kind words..

this is official and final report about the contest fish.. the two fish didn't make it.. they both died..

here's their measurements:
    5TH FISH DIED = 4.25"
    6TH FISH DIED = 4.0"

i think that's it for me now..

eddie,

what i knew before i moved them.. i sterilized everything and after two weeks i used the sterilized equipment.. such as, python hose, heater, return pump. but that was two weeks from a good rinse.. i used bleach 1:10. i am pretty sure that everything been rinse properly after the sterilized.

other than that, i can't think of anything else that i didn..

I am very sorry to hear Marvin, I hate to see it. Not sure what happened but it was fast and there seems to be alot variables involved. I am very very sorry my friend. As mentioned, you may be out of the discus thing for a while but don't be too far from Simply. You have many great friends here and it will always be nice to have you around.

Take care and make sure you stay in touch,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I am very sorry to hear Marvin, I hate to see it. Not sure what happened but it was fast and there seems to be alot variables involved. I am very very sorry my friend. As mentioned, you may be out of the discus thing for a while but don't be too far from Simply. You have many great friends here and it will always be nice to have you around.

Take care and make sure you stay in touch,

Eddie
    thanks bud.. like i said a while back that simply discus been part of my life.. every time i turned on my computer the default website that comes out is SIMPLY.. i have a lot and great friends in here.. i will never forget this site and to those people that help me a lot.. and you are one of those people bud.. thanks for never giving up on my questions.

i might cool off from keeping discus but learning and sharing in here will never be off.. (you made me cry eddie)

Aw Marvin, its all good. When something happens to our fish, we all feel it. It affects all of us. Always here for you my friend, always.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member

Marv, I just ran across this post and I don't know how I missed it earlier. I'm very very sorry to hear about all of your losses both in the fish and your job. It's tough to watch the videos. Remember to keep a stiff upper lip as it WILL get better. Wish there would of been something I could have done to help but you had a lot of good help from forum members. I'm curious, you mentioned that you lost a trio and a pair. Did they act the same before they died?

Again, hate to see you give up but I can understand because it's very disheartening when you have put so much effort into something and then it goes down the tube. You were doing a excellent job with your fish. Please do stick around and chime in once in awhile.

Best of luck with everything.

Kirk

Marvin,

I just wanted to give you my sympathies as well. It seems like yesterday everything was all going well and then suddenly this. It's very shocking and sudden. I am at a loss.

A break can be a good thing. Focus on something else for a while and the discus "flame" will return. I promise you that. At least stick around and talk to us here on SD.

I know one thing for sure, you have learned a great deal and so have the rest of us. If possible, can you get to the root of your water issues and teach us all what went wrong so that we may be able to help ourselves or others in the future? There has to be something going on there. I'm the type that doesn't rest until I know what's up.

Thanks for all your support Marvin. That's what this site is all about. Just know that my thoughts are with you.

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh Marvin, what a hard time you are having. I am very sad to read this. Keep strong. You are doing your very best & no-one can do more than that.
    Cheers
    Robyn

Hey Marvin has to be tough on you this happening, makes everyone sad because you have become such a good friend here.

This may give you time to figure out the water problems and when you get started with discus again there will be no stopping you then.

Please stay in touch with us here, we will be anxious to hear how you are doing.
    Take care buddy,
    Bill

Marvin, my friend, what can I say. I'll tell you that I look at mine in a whole new way now. Believe me, this can happen to any one of us. I really enjoy talking to all my friends here and SD would be a little emptier without you so wherever you go and whatever you do PLEASE keep in touch.

Take care my friend.

I hate this for you Marvin. You seem to have a great caring for your fish and your family.

Reading the last couple of pages again, actually a couple of times, I'm really glad to have found this forum.

Doing searches, found several forums.... watched them all for week or so before joining this one. This thread alone tells me I made a good choice. Really great group of people.
    Lynn

Real Name
    Chris

Marvin, I am so sorry that this happened. You did everything that you could for your discus. SD is a community, when one of us is hurt we all hurt. Even if you take a short break from discus remember to stay in touch. Take care.

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

NO need to say more than what has already been said. Ditto to all the above. Take care Marvin.
    Cheers Kath

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    Did all your other fish die the same way? How long has it all been going on? Just days or much longer?
    Barb
    I'm so sorry to hear, Marvin. Discus can break our hearts unlike any other fish. Barb asked some important questions.

Marvin, i am so sorry to hear about this happening to you. do not beat yourself up over it. the water companies do not care about dumping chemicals into your water. Keep your chin up. things will turn around for you. you are part of this site, stay involved

Kenny

Marvin

So sorry to hear of the hard times that you have had lately. If anything it can only get better....till then just hang in there. We can tell from the photos and videos that you were taking good care of these fish. Hope that you return to the hobby soon.

Evelyn

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast