ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: i think this is trouble now..

Registered Member
    From Chicago, Central Michigan University during the school year.

Default Re: i think this is trouble now..

I'm sorry Marvin,

Take comfort in knowing you did everything that you could to care for these fish. This type of thing happens sometimes, regardless of how well we care for them. It's a shame that you had to go through this, but keep your head up. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you do. Don't be a stranger.

Blake

Marvin, I know you will recover. I to and many others have been in your shoes. About a year ago I went through something I have never came across before and didn't lose everything,but lost alot if you know what I mean. I had just got my Pair to raise a good spawn and about two months later all my tanks came down with a something one by one. I think clearly there was a water thing going on,but from video I saw it look nerological or it could have been a swimming blader infection. Who know,but you did the best you could with what you had and knew.

Keep your head up and don't give up. Just take a brake and come back strong. This is what I did and things have worked out well.

Good luck and take care

Kyle

Registered Member

Marvin, I just ran across this post I'm very very sorry to hear about all of your losses both in the fish and your job.

Wade

Real Name
    Jim

Marvin, I haven't been on in a while, but I am sorry to here about your fish. I had a similar problem with an African tank. After doing my water change from the tap I lost over 30 fish. I found out it was a water problem with the city here. Hang in there.
    Jim
    Never to old to learn

Registered Member

I'm so sorry to hear of this news Marvin. I to think it was definately something going on with the water that was out of your control.
    It happened to me here a while back as well, but not with Discus. Lost a bunch of fish after a water change only to find out the city was cleaning the main water pipe on our street, tons of chlorine, no way I could have known.

When you are ready for Discus again please give me a shout, I'll always have a couple around here to get you started again.
    All the best
    Stormy

Marvin,

I am very sorry to hear of your losses. Know that you did everything you could to raise beautiful, healthy fish. It definitely sounds like something happened to your water. This is not your fault. I know how frustrating that can be. I had to give up my previous discus because of water issues at my old house.

Sometimes after experiencing a loss like this, it's best to take a break and figure things out. I hope that you will stay in the hobby, though! Things like this happen but there is always the chance to start again.

Ryan

Registered Member Peachtree Discus's Avatar

Quad: i hadn't read in on this post since like #5....aah man , so sorry to hear about your situations. hold tight....things will be alright. search yourself, ....sometimes negative events spin out some great results. i do hope to see u back into discus soon.

Good Luck.
    Wes (FishFlakes)
    "Lifes a game but its not fair, I break the rules so I dont care,
    ...so I keep doin my own thing - walkin tall against the rain"

Registered Member

Marvin, always sad to see these things happen & I'm sorry to hear, & yep these things happen even to the most experienced of us. I don't wan't to bring things up too much although losing a whole few tanks worth lately I really know how hard it is especially when all tests & precautions have been taken. I just keep fighting On. You have & will continue doing a fantastic job & just find that inner you!

Regards
    Ahmed
    Is there an antibiotic for aquarists!

Real Name
    Larry

Marvin:

I know how you feel, I lost a whole tank of Wild caught Blue Frontosa`s that I brought from a friend. I was doing everything right had several females holding eggs and 2 females actually holding fry, everything was going great. Fed them in the morning and came home from work to feed again and the whole tank (all 12 fish ) were dead. Figured out that the heater got broke and the water got hot enough in just 8 hours to kill them all.

keep your chin up things will always get better....
    remember you have friends here.....

Larry

Registered Member

Howdy guys..

long time no hear.. i'm so glad that i am back here in forum.. I figured out what's going on to my fish, but if you guys wanna know, i will still share it to you.. what went wrong.. i just don't get the chance to post any updates here.. sorry about that..

first of all, i would like to say thank you to people that listen to me and help me through my troubles.. thank you guys!

second, i would like to say thank you also to three people that offers me some juveniles at that time after i lose my contest fish.. and one offers me a pair at that time.. man, even though you guys didn't know me in real life, you still there to support me.. sorry that i reject your offer at that time, but thanks anyway!

i am glad that i am back and i think i am ready to go for another shot! but not right away, cause i still don't have a job..

from now on, i'm back active to this website.. LOVE YOU GUYS!

Hi Marvin
    Really good to hear from you again.
    I'm sure everyone would be very interested in finding out what went wrong with your discus as we all felt your pain when that happened.
    Wish you the best with everything, take care buddy,
    Bill

Registered Member

Glad your absence was only temporary and you're back on the forum Marvin! Setbacks like the one you had would affect even the most veteran of fish keepers.

Take your time especially in light of your employment situation. The opportunity to get new stock will always be there but continue to comment on or create new discussion threads!
    Bert

I'm glad to hear your back! I knew you would be!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey there Marvin! Glad to see you back and if you have time, shoot me a PM. Be good to here what was going on and how you are doing.

Take care my friend!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Real Name
    Ricardo

glad to have you back Marvin! very interested to hear what you found out about what happened to the contest discus.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast