ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Thumbs Up for Bobtools !!!!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Marc

Default Re: Big Thumbs Up for Bobtools !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mvpsol View Post
    Hi everyone i am new to discus and i picked up 6 from bob 2 weeks ago. Mine are eating anything i thow in the tank. Since i got the home i think im obsess with observing them, eat and fight with each other. anyhow i will post pics here when i get home tonight.
    Mine are the same way
    Marc

Snap,uggg that was you. Hugh spawn as I recall. Damn. Should have hit you up for some of those. pretty parents for sure....
    "There was no spoon"

Registered Member

Please turn your volumes down before you watch because the tv was on real loud...

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyDiscus View Post
    Snap,uggg that was you. Hugh spawn as I recall. Damn. Should have hit you up for some of those. pretty parents for sure....
    Hello Ed. I had some in the trunk of my car for anyone that was interested too. Had I known I could have filled one of those 125 gallon growout tanks you have

Bob

Thumbs up Re: Big Thumbs Up for Bobtools !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyDiscus View Post
    Ed,
    It was great to see you again @ Hans place on Sat. !
    I also got a few of Bob's Red Rose Fry after the meeting Sat. .
    I gotta give a huge Thumbs upto Bob on his Basement Fish room(Actually a finished basement w/ Discus).
    I think about your operation every time I'm clumsy & manage to spill water in my basement(only time I'm glad it's unfinished down there!)
    Bob has several breeding pairs in seperate 20g. tanks & a lg. cube tank(120g.) just full of many different strains-All impressive shape/coloring!
    The sweetest sight would have to be the 55g. full of Rose Red Fry!
    Bob -you better hurry up & get them all sold, I think the Parents are ready for another batch

I'll get pics posted ASAP.

Peace,
    Rob
    If you get confused... Listen to the music play-
    Jerry Garcia

Registered Member

i tried posting a video but i think the file is too big i guess i'll try pics later on.

Hi Rob, good to see you again as well. Last time we met it was with Al and the SD boyz. Those rose reds of Bobs are outstanding. Great base red line to work with. Maybe Bullet will trade me some RRs for some Tang/albino crosses I have. They are about 8 months now and should throw some pure albino babies.

Pond liner on the floor to stop the flooding. Helped saved my marrige twice now... Wish I knew he had them there at the get together. I have Sweens buckets so maybe if shes heading down from Jersey you Eagles fans can hitch a ride....

Ed
    "There was no spoon"

Thumbs up Re: Big Thumbs Up for Bobtools !!!!

Justed wanted to add another thumbs up for BOBTOOLS!

I picked up the pair of Snow Whites he listed for sale about 6 weeks ago.

When I picked them up they had just layed eggs on a cone & all looked great!

The seemed to not like thier new surroundings & I reluctantly removed the cone from thier tank,after about a month of no signs of breeding activity!

I suspect they missed thier old home(finished basement/lots of activity around them).The found themselves in a unfinished basement fishroom with little activity except feeding/maintanance visits from me & occasionally our 8mo. pup (August West).The door usually keeps him out,he loves the cool cement floor!

Today I was surprised to find the smaller one of the pair laying eggs on the sponge filter!

I don't put much faith in this batch, but with the cone back in there, I got high hopes again for some fry!

Bob was gracious enough to send me home with some of the Red Rose fry ,which are also doing well.They have excellent shape & are starting to color up nicely.

Thanks again for everything Bob!

Your Friend,
    Rob
    If you get confused... Listen to the music play-
    Jerry Garcia

Hey Rob. Thanks for the kind words. Im glad to hear they spawned for you as I knew they would once they got accustomed to the new enviroment. If the sponge filter spawn doesnt work out, more then likely they will be on a cycle now and spawn again within a week.

I currently have the Rose Red pair in my community tank but if there is enough interest for these fry, I could but them back in a breeder tank. To all that read this thread, tell me your thoughts.

Bob

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Marc

Well it has been almost a year since I purchased the Rose Reds from Bob, so I figured I would post an update. It was my first attempt at growing out juvies and definitely an experience . I started with 12 and after a few sicknesses and some culls, I have ended up with 2 nice round one's at about 4 1/2". They didn't get as big as I wished, but they are nice and round. Here they are yesterday shaking at each other and cleaning the sponge filter (cell phone pics).

Would love to see everyone's Roses from Bobtools. This is the original thread: http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=71711
    Last edited by mlov1022; 08-06-2010 at 09:37 AM.
    Marc

I am so jealous! This may be my favorite strain and the reason I got back into the hobby and all my fish died in the Fishking incident...well once they breed for you I am in line for some fry!

I am sure they will still grow, I alwasy believed they grow slower.

Rodrigo

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Marc

Quote Originally Posted by roclement View Post
    I am so jealous! This may be my favorite strain and the reason I got back into the hobby and all my fish died in the Fishking incident...well once they breed for you I am in line for some fry!

I am sure they will still grow, I always believed they grow slower.

Rodrigo
    No problem Rod. We'll see what happens, they are still very young.
    Marc

Registered Member

I love the Rose Reds too. I had several breeding pair, and NONE of the adults were large at all...females very small, so it's not your fault, as I hear this a lot about the RR's...Bill

Quote Originally Posted by mlov1022 View Post
    I started with 12 ...
    You started out with 12 and you will eventually end up with thousands! I think that's quite a sweet deal! You did a great job with these two. My red covers, which are similar, seem to be slow growing and the adults are not huge either.

Hello Mark. Im glad you updated so I can see how they turned out and they look great. I regret selling that pair although they are in great hands with Kenny (Acroken) and they are producing great for him. You did a very nice job with them and since they are showing signs of spawning I wish you all the luck in the world. You deserve it buddy. If they are anything like their parents you will have more fry then you know what to do with. Its in their genes to be heavy spawners and great parents. Keep me updated Mark and thanks for the update.

Bob

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast