ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week #16, Water chnage #16!!

Default Week #16, Water chnage #16!!

Hello all!

Well, what can I say, the weeks are flying by and these babies are getting HUGE! Nothing too new to report. I will make a change in the food from this point forward. I was feeding some Tetra color bits mid day through an auto feeder, but I'm out and will be substituting Ocean Nutrition Marine Formula One in it's place. These guys love it. I gave them a sample to see how they would take to it.

The only other significant thing that took place this week was during my last cleaning I turned off the Ph controller and did not dose CO2 all week. Naturally the Ph was high all week as well, but I typically don't really look at it and missed it all together. I had some hair algae growing and thought I was out of CO2. Nope! It was off.

Anyway, everything is back to normal now. LOL!

I have been rather busy and I apologize for missing last weeks update. I have been working on my fish room for quite some time now and am very close to completing it, so I guess you can say I have been a bit distracted. When it's all said and done, the room will hold 1800 gallons of water in over 30 tanks. I'll keep you all posted and get some pics out when it's done.

Anyway, enjoy these pics. Took them tonight after a water change. They were enjoying a FBW snack when I took the pics.

Best wishes!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Re: Week #16, Water chnage #16!!

And a few more....
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And some more....
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And the last!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real Name
    Chris

Wow Chad! Your tank and discus are absolutely beautiful and your pictures are wonderful. The shape and color of your discus are incredible. They really look like they are getting big. Can't wait to see the pictures of your fish room.

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

Real Name
    Ricardo

looking great as always.

now i know where all those discus you are getting from Bill are going to go...your building your fishroom

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member

Hey Chad,

Fish are looking great. Keep up the good work. This challenge is definitely shaping up to be quite the competition. 1800 gallons huh? All discus?

Kirk

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Really pretty fish Chad! Interesting to see how some of the challenge fish are more orange and some are more yellow. I love both colors in them. Also, maybe it is the camera that shows the colors different? Can hardly wait to see pics of your fishroom, I think it will be quite the operation!
    Barb

Quote Originally Posted by Scribbles View Post
    Wow Chad! Your tank and discus are absolutely beautiful and your pictures are wonderful. The shape and color of your discus are incredible. They really look like they are getting big. Can't wait to see the pictures of your fish room.

Chris
    Thnaks so much for the knid words Chris! They are much appreciated. Yes, they are getting big. They are rather breathtaking at times when you walk up on the tank and they school. They are really beautiful fish!

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    looking great as always.

now i know where all those discus you are getting from Bill are going to go...your building your fishroom
    Thanks Rick!

Actually I don't have any of the new fish in the fish room yet, but that's where they'll go!

Quote Originally Posted by kirkp View Post
    Hey Chad,

Fish are looking great. Keep up the good work. This challenge is definitely shaping up to be quite the competition. 1800 gallons huh? All discus?

Kirk
    Hey Kirk!

Yes, this challenge is going to be a tough call. Everyone's fish are looking fantastic. I pitty the judges! I feel that we have all won already. Look at these fish!

1800 gallons of pure discus!

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    Really pretty fish Chad! Interesting to see how some of the challenge fish are more orange and some are more yellow. I love both colors in them. Also, maybe it is the camera that shows the colors different? Can hardly wait to see pics of your fishroom, I think it will be quite the operation!
    Barb
    Hi Barb!

I think some of the color differences are more in lighting and camera exposure than anything. There may be some dietary influence as well, but for the most part, most of the fish look identical. I can't seem to see any huge differences. I do notice some body patterns on some of the other fish that I do now see on mine. I thought that was interesting. Mine seem to all have fin patterns but little or no body pattern.

I'll be posting some pictures of the fish room in another thread. I still have a bit more work to do. I'll kep you posted though!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Chad
    Wondering how I missed your post "yesterday" until I realized you posted after my bedtime.........you putting in long days buddy.
    Your discus and tank looks awesome as always. Growing well and very healthy looking. Great job.
    Bill

Hi Bill!

Yes, it was a last minute post before my bedtime (11:00 pm) here in San Diego. Thanks for the kind words! I am really happy with the way they are growing. They will be beautiful adults!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looking amazing Chad! I really love the color. Exceptional shape and size. Nice work.I bet you will be glad when you are finished the fish room and can sit back with a cold one and enjoy it. Good luck with the rest of the set up.

Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by acroken View Post
    Looking amazing Chad! I really love the color. Exceptional shape and size. Nice work.I bet you will be glad when you are finished the fish room and can sit back with a cold one and enjoy it. Good luck with the rest of the set up.

Kenny
    Thanks Kenny!

These guys have been an easy grow out. No problems whatsoever! Thanks for the kind words!

Yes, I will be glad when it's all done. It's very time consuming getting everything in order, built, set up, etc. It's definately a labor of love! I will certainly take time to enjoy it when it's done. Thanks for the well wishes!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered Member

Wow, your weren't kidding! They are getting huge!!! They look beautiful!!!

Julie

Registered Member

They look fantastic Chad. Great job. I too would like to see pics of the fish room.

Wade

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast