ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Fish Room Beginnings.....

Default Re: Fish Room Beginnings.....

Off topic - I can add Earthquake insurance to my home owners policy for like $70 a year! My wife is all about getting it and I look at her sideways and just ask - WHY? Picayune Mississippi - WHY????????

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel77 View Post
    Off topic - I can add Earthquake insurance to my home owners policy for like $70 a year! My wife is all about getting it and I look at her sideways and just ask - WHY? Picayune Mississippi - WHY????????

LOL
    Hmmm..... yeah, can't really see needing it in our lifetime. LOL!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chad, earlier in the thread you mention cracking 2 29's and wasting $60. Then breaking the 60gal and that being $59...

Where oh where are you getting these prices? If you don't mind sharing that info that is...

My wife has approved my building of a fishroom and is actually pushing me towards it(LUCKY ME)!! So to make it even more appealing I would love to find $1 a gallon deals...

Any info would be great Thanks
    Ben
    Aspiring Hobbyist Breeder

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaben19 View Post
    Chad, earlier in the thread you mention cracking 2 29's and wasting $60. Then breaking the 60gal and that being $59...

Where oh where are you getting these prices? If you don't mind sharing that info that is...

My wife has approved my building of a fishroom and is actually pushing me towards it(LUCKY ME)!! So to make it even more appealing I would love to find $1 a gallon deals...

Any info would be great Thanks
    Ben,

Those are Visio tanks and they are manufactured right here in Los Angeles.
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered Member jeff@zina.com's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel77 View Post

LOL
    The Missouri fault line has far more potential than the San Andreas, and is the site of the largest earthquake in North America. Except for extreme coastal Mississippi, there is a possibility of earthquakes that can be devastating.

Though it wouldn't be worth the price to me either. UFO Abduction Insurance maybe, but not Earthquake.

Jeff

Chad, How much room did you allow from the top of one tank to the bottom of the next 2x4? The room I am dealing with only has 76inches from floor to ceiling and I wanted to go 3 high, but it looks like that is going to be a huge problem leaving only 4 inches or less to get into any tank.

Instead, in order to fit in more tank space I may have to put the tanks in 2 high, but place them with the "fronts" and "backs" against eachother.

Obviously with the larger tanks this strategy would be horribad.

Keep in mind my room will be smaller scale than yours lol. I just really like the look of your tanks facing the "right way," and I notice more people having thier tanks face that way opposed to how I may have to do mine.

Anyway, thanks for looking again.
    Ben
    Aspiring Hobbyist Breeder

Ben,

The trick to getting the shelf height is right between tnaks is to measure the glass lids that will go on top of each tank. You have to have enough room to be able to flip the lid open and not hit the upper 2X4. That's what I did. I'd hate to quote you a dimension and your lids be a different size than mine. Tanks must come first, mesaure, then build.

As for the tank placement, size of the room is certainly a consideration. I chose to do my rom the way that I did for that very reason. Placing the tanks fron to back was not an option for me for two reasons.

First, my room is built around my filtration system. I use two 150 gallon sumps that are placed in the center of the room. 8 Tanks are racked abouve the filters and the rest are place around. Be sure to have at least 24" (more than this is better if you can make it) for an isle way in the room. My room is a little lopsided. I have 21" on one side and 23" on the other. It's tight, but it works.

The second reason that I didn't want to place the tanks end side out was due to cleaning. I had racks like that in the past and trying to reach the back of the tank in a rack system is not easy. Honestly it was wearing me out cleaning tanks positioned that way.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaben19 View Post
    Chad, How much room did you allow from the top of one tank to the bottom of the next 2x4? The room I am dealing with only has 76inches from floor to ceiling and I wanted to go 3 high, but it looks like that is going to be a huge problem leaving only 4 inches or less to get into any tank.

Instead, in order to fit in more tank space I may have to put the tanks in 2 high, but place them with the "fronts" and "backs" against eachother.

Obviously with the larger tanks this strategy would be horribad.

Keep in mind my room will be smaller scale than yours lol. I just really like the look of your tanks facing the "right way," and I notice more people having thier tanks face that way opposed to how I may have to do mine.

Anyway, thanks for looking again.
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415