ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fish Room Beginnings.....

Registered Member Darren's Discus's Avatar

Default Re: Fish Room Beginnings.....

Chad,
    looking real good,look forward to the update's.

cheers
    Darren Burgess
    Townsville Queensland Australia
    townsvillerocks@gmail.com

Wow Chad

What does Jesse thnk of it? Pleased?

Can't wait to see it all up and running, I am jealous!
    Cheers Kath

Quote Originally Posted by avionics30 View Post
    ....TONS OF HELP! Look how busy he is! LOL!
    I can see that, looks like a true supervisor, LOL
    Connie
    So Many Fish... So Little Tank Space

Quote Originally Posted by A1 Aquarium World View Post
    Chad,
    looking real good,look forward to the update's.

cheers
    Thank you! I'll definately keep you posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wild View Post
    Wow Chad

What does Jesse thnk of it? Pleased?

Can't wait to see it all up and running, I am jealous!
    Hi Kath!

He's fine with it as long as he doesn't have to do any of it! LOL! I'm fine iwht that. He's got work and school going on right now anyway, so his time is prescious.

I can't wait until it's finished either. It's really been consuming all of my free time and you know me, I like my free time! LOL!

Thanks for the comments!

Quote Originally Posted by poconogal View Post
    I can see that, looks like a true supervisor, LOL
    He's for hire if you need a hand. LOL! He runs a tight ship! Oh, and he works for biscuits!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real Name
    Ricardo

great "beginnings" Chad. Soon Casper and I are going to have to take a road trip to see you and sit in the middle of the fish room admiring your handy work. now i see the need for so many fry. do you already have all your pairs or are you in the process of raising them? it would be nice to try to breed your contest fish. where will you keep your show tanks? in the house?

great progress for sure Chad, keep it up.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

He's for hire if you need a hand. LOL! He runs a tight ship! Oh, and he works for biscuits!
    I'll keep it in mind, Chad, but for now I have 3 Dobermans to help me! LOL!!!
    Connie
    So Many Fish... So Little Tank Space

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    great "beginnings" Chad. Soon Casper and I are going to have to take a road trip to see you and sit in the middle of the fish room admiring your handy work. now i see the need for so many fry. do you already have all your pairs or are you in the process of raising them? it would be nice to try to breed your contest fish. where will you keep your show tanks? in the house?

great progress for sure Chad, keep it up.
    Thanks Rick!

You guys are welcome any time! I can't say that there will be much room for sitting though. This room is wall to wall tanks. LOL! Yes, this was one of the reasons that I was buying up Bills fry. I'll need to put something in all those tanks, so why not grow out fry?

I have several pairs already. They are in a 150 gallon community tank. They spwan regularly, but natureally the spawns don't make it too far. I'm sure once they are in their own tanks they'll do fine!

I really would love to breed the contest fish. They are magnificent! Right now the two display tanks are in the house and I hope to never have to move them. LOL!

Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by poconogal View Post
    I'll keep it in mind, Chad, but for now I have 3 Dobermans to help me! LOL!!!
    Sounds like you have a gang at your house! LOL!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered Member

wow with that amount of tank I wonder how many fish do you have

Registered Member

Wow Chad,very impressive. Great job!

Wade

You are doing an excellent job Chad. Your work is very organized. I wish I can say the same for me. I am adding a 2nd part to my fish room and everything is all over the place.

Can't wait to see your fish room when it's finished. I am setting my layout similar to yours so I will be following closely to get some tips from you....if you don't mind. Excellent work!!!!
    Derek

~I got "HOOKED" by the fish~

Registered Member Inland Empire Discus's Avatar

Chad,
    I only see one problem. You need more grow out tanks. You will end up with more fry than you know what to do with if you have 13 pairs and only 13 grow out tanks. Looks good though.

Bill

Registered Member Cooldadddyfunk286's Avatar

dang Chad, GREAT WORK so far. Im aqlready super impressed. everything is gonna be so neat, organized and in check in your room. your mr. tech.

Im definatly tuned in man, I cant wait to see what this room looks like when its all finnished up!! take care bro!
    -Jason-
    -------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by discus_newbie View Post
    wow with that amount of tank I wonder how many fish do you have
    At the moment? Yikes, to give you an exact number I would have to count them. Over 100 at minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by wadewc View Post
    Wow Chad,very impressive. Great job!

Wade
    Thanks Wade!

Quote Originally Posted by D!NGO View Post
    You are doing an excellent job Chad. Your work is very organized. I wish I can say the same for me. I am adding a 2nd part to my fish room and everything is all over the place.

Can't wait to see your fish room when it's finished. I am setting my layout similar to yours so I will be following closely to get some tips from you....if you don't mind. Excellent work!!!!
    I have to say, the process has its messy moments. LOL! Just so happens when I sampped off these shots it was ratehr organized. I just plumbed the left side of the room last night. That was a mess. Three different sizes of PVC cutting everywhere. LOL! I'll post another update this weekend. More progress has been made!

Quote Originally Posted by Inland Empire Discus View Post
    Chad,
    I only see one problem. You need more grow out tanks. You will end up with more fry than you know what to do with if you have 13 pairs and only 13 grow out tanks. Looks good though.

Bill
    Bill,

Excellent point! The best I can to is throw four of the tanks that are on the central rack on the tap water system. That would give me 9 breeders and 17 grow out tanks. If I have more fry than that, then I guess the forum folks that are in for a treat! LOL! Thanks for the great input Bill!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooldadddyfunk286 View Post
    dang Chad, GREAT WORK so far. Im aqlready super impressed. everything is gonna be so neat, organized and in check in your room. your mr. tech.

Im definatly tuned in man, I cant wait to see what this room looks like when its all finnished up!! take care bro!
    Thanks for the interest! I am chipping away little by little. There is nothing too high tech about the room yet. Basic central systems. I am still researching the ozone application for the future. The rest of the tanks (seven 60s and seven 29s) should be here by the weekend. More drilling to be done! So far only one cracked tank. Ooops! It's a small crack that didn't actually damage the water integrityof the tank. Plumbing has come a long way, hardwire electrica is next before I close up the ceiling. I'm getting tired just thinking about all the work. LOL!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow Chad, envious of the room. One day I'd love to have one but that will be many years from now. Looks like an awesome project!

All the best,
    Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Wow Chad, envious of the room. One day I'd love to have one but that will be many years from now. Looks like an awesome project!

All the best,
    Eddie
    Eddie,

See if you can get the AF to buy off on getting you a BEQ room that you can pimp out in to a nice fish room! What will they know?

Hope you have a safe trip brother!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast