AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Challenge Wake Up!

Registered Member Cooldadddyfunk286's Avatar

Default Re: Challenge Wake Up!

holy crap Kenny....I think you won bro! haha im just kiddin. but seriously I watch for your updates like a hawk. you really know how to grow them. I kinda know how you feel. I have a forrest albino spotted leopard, its atleast 5 inches TL now, I got this fish maybe 2 weeks before you guys got yours, got it in at the same size. so I can relate alittle bit. but you pics man, just unbelievable really. the size of those fish and the uniformity. you can really see it next to the sponge filter. Im just truely amazed at how well your doing with this group. keep up the great work!

-Jason-
    -Jason-
    -------------------------

WOW, that's all

Real Name
    Francis

wow kenny....those discus having excellent shape....
    thanks for sharing.
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Unlike me, those beauties must love the Philly water! Or have you been feeding them Pats? LOl, they are just awsome, great job!
    I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it.. - W. C. Fields
    Joan R

nice
    "There was no spoon"

Great job Ken... I'd love to see them for real and up close to see hte pinkish hue.. Keep em' going !! David T

Quote Originally Posted by roclement View Post
    nicest ones I have seen fron the contest! incredible job man! Are you feeding them, geno's or pat's steaks???
    rod
    Tony Luke's bro, but the wiz does make a mess in the tank Thanks for the nice comment! I am representing the east coast here, I will make you proud!
    Thanks again Rod

Quote Originally Posted by vlam View Post
    The consistency in their amazing shapes speaks a lot about their quality. Not to take anything away from Kenny's hard work.. that's a one hell of a group to start out with.
    Keep up the good work.
    Van
    No doubt Van! Kenny's/forrest discus are the best out there. In every aspect of the business they set the bar. All credit goes to them. I am only keeping them alive. Thanks my friend

Great job Kenny! All the way around!

Registered Member

Kenny,

Those are some very very nice fish.

Great Job
    Kirk

No doubt Van! Kenny's/forrest discus are the best out there. In every aspect of the business they set the bar. All credit goes to them. I am only keeping them alive. Thanks my friend
    Kenny, keeping them alive is easy when you start with a good start but getting them to grow and have uniform shapes like those are your hard work. This is especially impressive with albinos.

BTW.. speaking of Tony Luke's don't forget the man versus food episode this wednesday.

Keep it up.

Van

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Kenny! AMAZING, the fish look unreal!
    awesome job!
    Eddie
    Thanks Eddie, They are truly an amazing group of discus. Actually they are the same as all my kenny/forrest discus, always hungry and healthy. Hope your trip to cali is going well.

Quote Originally Posted by lkevin View Post
    Kenny those are some awesome looking fish, great job!
    Thank you Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by wgtaylor View Post
    Awesome Kenny
    There are some huge discus in that bunch.
    Pictures are outstanding as usual. Great job buddy.
    Bill
    Bill, we are very lucky to have this opportunity to grow out such a beautiful group of discus. I enjoy seeing these guy develop everyday. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scribbles View Post
    They look wonderful! I can't believe how uniform they are. Looks like they are getting pretty thick too. Excellent job with them.
    Chris
    I love the definition on them. a bunch of bullies. Thanks Chris

Quote Originally Posted by j_li8 View Post
    Great job. That last picture really shows how thick they are. Are most of yours solids? I can only see one that has some spotting on the body. Everyone else seem to have 1-2 that have partially spotted bodies.
    Yes, all but one is solid The one only has a few white spots. no striations at all, which i am happy about.
    Quote Originally Posted by avionics30 View Post
    Kenny,
    They are looking fantastic! I need you to come take some pictures for me. I love your photography skills and style! I don;t know if you are employing some special skills or what, but whatever it is, it's wonderful!!
    Well done my friend!
    Best wishes!
    LoL, those pictures were taken as i was still half asleep, that is why i called it challenge wake up. Just point and shoot buddy. I would be more then happy to take some pictures of your discus next time i am in SD. I think i could learn a lot from you. Thanks Chad
    Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    Wow. I'd be proud to have those fish in my tanks. Amazing looking fish.
    i am very proud of their development. Simply remarkable quality. I could not wish for a better group to grow out. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikel View Post
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are some amazingly healthy, huge and beautiful discus. The shape, color, fins, thickness and the obvious excellent health.....there is nothing to say! Congrats, those guys are just stunning Kenny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love them! I bet you will keep them forever, and you should! It must be so rewarding and satisfying to see one's hard work pay off like this! mike
    Thank you very much Mike. They are priceless! I will never let these guys go. I hope to come out of this with a nice breeding pair

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    Absolutely beautiful Kenny! They are getting huge and such great color! Good growing and care for sure!
    Barb
    Thank you Barb. They make it easy, a little food and clean water and they are happy

VERY IMPRESSIVE Kenny. You definitely know how to grow them and your hard work really shows!

When you start having tours of your tanks and training workshops, let me know and I'll be one of the first to sign up.

Have a good one,

Terrific looking fish Kenny
    Paul

Comfortably numb.

Quote Originally Posted by pcsb23 View Post
    Terrific looking fish Kenny
    Thank you Paul!

Quote Originally Posted by dlr1961 View Post
    VERY IMPRESSIVE Kenny. You definitely know how to grow them and your hard work really shows!
    When you start having tours of your tanks and training workshops, let me know and I'll be one of the first to sign up.
    Have a good one,
    David, you should come to the next simple meeting coming up soon. The next with be in CT(look out for posts, i send them to you to be sure you get them). I always have a great time at them. Anytime you find yourself in the Philly area, let me know. I would love to have you over. Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkp View Post
    Kenny,
    Those are some very very nice fish.
    Great Job
    Kirk
    Thanks Kirk
    Quote Originally Posted by calihawker View Post
    Great job Kenny! All the way around!
    Good to hear from you Steve! Thanks for the feed back
    Quote Originally Posted by dpt8 View Post
    Great job Ken... I'd love to see them for real and up close to see hte pinkish hue.. Keep em' going !! David T
    I will try and capture it in my next update. It is the afternoon sun that brings it out, which is the worst photo conditions. But i will try. Thank you David.
    Quote Originally Posted by MostlyDiscus View Post
    nice
    Thanks Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by joanr View Post
    Unlike me, those beauties must love the Philly water! Or have you been feeding them Pats? LOl, they are just awsome, great job!
    LoL. believe me, My water is terrible in philly. I pre filter through 5 stages to insure nothing get through. It must be the cheese steaks Thanks Joan

Kenny, these guys have turned out so massive. They're very thick compared to mine. I don't feed quite as many times a day as you, though.

They look very uniform and even in their growth.

Great job!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast