ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Update...Finally

Default Another Update...Finally

Hello All,

Once again sorry for my absense, long hours at work and home keeping me busy as always. I manage to get two days off together this week and even then my work called me to see if I could come into work. After spending 28 of the 31 days in August at work, enough is enough. I miss my family, dogs, and of course my fish. So I turn them down. Well with that being said.....I finally moved my fish into their new home yesterday....a 75 gal.

Same set up as before. BB, two sponges, and a heater....that's it that's all. I will be doing a 50 - 75% water change on them daily. Feedings have largely been tetrabit pellets as I haven't had a lot of time to spend in my fish room as of lately. The are getting 4 feedings a day of this by an enheim autofeeder and 2 feedings of beefheart and the odd feeding of FBW.

I have been able to keep up with the water changes with only missing one or two here and there. Other than that nothing else to report. All the fish are doing well although I believe I am behind in the competition.

Here are some pics of them in their new home
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Another Update...Finally

And some more

Real Name
    Ricardo

it had been a while Evelyn. the good thing is that they are doing well. i can see a couple that have really great shape. please keep us posted with these gorgeous fish

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

And without a flash

Super nice Evelyn! They look great! Sorry to hear you are working so much.

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post

Take care,

Eddie
    Thanks Eddie,

Like I said....I'm just going to start saying no to the overtime, so that I have more time for my boys and the fun things in life

Having tanks that are full of happy and healthy fish are one of those fun things

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post

Take care,

Eddie
    i would say sorry you are working so much but then again i wouldn't wish upon you what is going on in the hotel industry (which i'm part of) which is slashing hours left and right. i have co-workers working 1 day a week from full 5 days a week. i'm very happy you have a job that offers so many hours. i agree that there is such a thing as too much work and i'm glad you put your foot down and told them you wouldn't go in. i'm kind of playing both sides here ain't I? LOL. we are all glad you had enough time to post is the bottom line

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    i would say sorry you are working so much but then again i wouldn't wish upon you what is going on in the hotel industry (which i'm part of) which is slashing hours left and right. i have co-workers working 1 day a week from full 5 days a week. i'm very happy you have a job that offers so many hours. i agree that there is such a thing as too much work and i'm glad you put your foot down and told them you wouldn't go in. i'm kind of playing both sides here ain't I? LOL. we are all glad you had enough time to post is the bottom line
    Well if I was only at the top end of the pay I would be happier, but I too am happy with the fact that I know that I have a solid job that I get 40 hours + every week. However I have been working on average 50 hours a week for a year now and have my twins that are now 3 as of a few days ago that I am the primary caregiver (this in itself a full time job as well) I find myself missing the simple things in life....even sitting outside watching the kids play has to be scheduled in. My fish are on my schedule after putting the kids to bed and just before going to work. Anyways, enough of my whining Hope you enjoyed the photos

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by 2075turner View Post
    Well if I was only at the top end of the pay I would be happier, but I too am happy with the fact that I know that I have a solid job that I get 40 hours + every week. However I have been working on average 50 hours a week for a year now and have my twins that are now 3 as of a few days ago that I am the primary caregiver (this in itself a full time job as well) I find myself missing the simple things in life....even sitting outside watching the kids play has to be scheduled in. My fish are on my schedule after putting the kids to bed and just before going to work. Anyways, enough of my whining Hope you enjoyed the photos
    i'm very sorry to hear that. it would break my heart to not be able to just hang with my daughter on a daily basis. hang in there Evelyn

Cafepress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    i'm very sorry to hear that. it would break my heart to not be able to just hang with my daughter on a daily basis. hang in there Evelyn
    This is why I work nights. Funny thing is that I can't sleep now and it's 1 am here, this is why I'm on the computer, LOL

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by 2075turner View Post
    This is why I work nights. Funny thing is that I can't sleep now and it's 1 am here, this is why I'm on the computer, LOL
    LOL, go to sleep! your probably catching up with at least 300+ posts or something huh?

Cafepress.com

Evelyn,

They are really looking fantastic! What makes you think that you are behind in the competition? I don;t think they will count how many posts you made. LOL! Bottom line is your fish look just as fantastic as the rest! Really it will come down to measuremtn I think. Who's is bigger? LOL!

Well done and get some time at home for once! LOL!

Take care!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by avionics30 View Post
    Evelyn,

They are really looking fantastic! What makes you think that you are behind in the competition? I don;t think they will count how many posts you made. LOL! Bottom line is your fish look just as fantastic as the rest! Really it will come down to measuremtn I think. Who's is bigger? LOL!

Well done and get some time at home for once! LOL!

Take care!
    Okay, if I can only figure out how to post some pics that are a little larger than the size permitted I could have shown that my guys are measuring in at 3 1/2" - 4" on average. I believe that I see from other posts that would put me a little behind the others.....I'll just say I'm waiting for a growth spurt, LOL I'm just happy that they are healthy and nothing has gone wrong with them

Real Name
    Chris

Your discus are looking good. Thanks for the update. I hope that your work load quiets down a bit so that you get to enjoy more time with your family.

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Your discus look beautiful! I see you are busy but have still been doing a great job with these fish! Do your twins enjoy them too?
    Barb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast