ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Update...Finally

Default Re: Another Update...Finally

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    Your discus look beautiful! I see you are busy but have still been doing a great job with these fish! Do your twins enjoy them too?
    Barb
    LOL, ya the twins like my fishies. So much so that they feel the need to feed them their food. I've had to get bread-crackers-cheese out of the tanks. They don't seem to understand that the fish don't eat what we eat The only thing that they have thrown in there that I let the fish eat was some banannas. They try to help with water changes of which usually turns out to be a big water puddle on the floorit's cute though, so I can't get mad about it

Hi Evelyn

You have to be tired, that is a lot to handle but you are doing an excellent job of it. Discus look great as well as all the pics. Great job.

Bill

The fish look great Evelyn It is hard balancing a job which keeps you away from home and life generally let alone doing daily water changes etc when dog tired. Well done.
    Paul

Comfortably numb.

Evelyn,
    thanks for taking the time for the update. Your fish are doing beautiful. I wish you all the best. I give you a lot of credit for doing all you do. Keep it up!

Kenny

Thanks Everyone for the positive feedback. It's always amazing what we will do for our fish though, LOL. I'm just glad that I have my family that support my addiction. I may get the occassional roll of the eyes, but I know that they love them as well

Real Name
    Jim

Evelyn, You are doing a great job. Its hard finding a perfect balance with work and everything else.
    Jim
    Never to old to learn

Registered Member

Evelyn, great too see things are working well for you. Its always times like these that one can truly see how much family mean too them. Ive been flat out myself & worn out with work. My overtime ritual has come down now although with some big jobs coming in, it doesn't seem to promising although with my mortgage still a little high & my sons needs, I need ever penny I can get, so I do understand were your coming from. Any how its fab too hear from you & many happy birthday wishes too your Twins . Keep up the tramendous job!

Regards
    Ahmed
    Is there an antibiotic for aquarists!

Hello Turner,
    Great job! I noticed on your sponge filter that the clear uptake tube, the one that the bubbles go up through and draw the water through the filter, is not attached? Any reason for that? Just wondering how the filter is actually working with the bubbles just coming from the top of the filter with no tube for the bubbles to draw up the water through the filter. Just wondering is all. With the tube attached more water will be drawn through the sponge thus filtering the water more.
    Best Regards,
    John Rowedder
    www.backyarddiscusllc.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12