AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishy Update

Default Fishy Update

Well I had a little scare this week....don't worry not about the fish. They are all fine. Missed two water changes though and missed the beefheart, bloodworm feedings but they are still getting the tetrebits via auto feeder. Water change will be done today, so hopefully everything back to normal.

I ended up getting taken to the hospital with what they thought was a stroke. It ended up being Bell's palsy. Still a pain in the a$$ as I have no control over one side of my face and cannot see very well and cannot eat or drink without getting it all over my front shirt. I am gradually getting my eye site back about 50% of what it was before, but still haven't regained feeling in my face. The real concern for the doctor was my bloodpressure though that was at an all time high of.......202 over 110 WOW, my thoughts exactly. Guess all the long hours at work and long days with my twins have caught up with me so I am now in search of a babysitter so that I can get some sleep (at least more than the 2 - 4 hours a day I have been averaging)

Anyways, as I stated all the fishies are fine, just have to work on myself a bit

For some reason my photos won't upload....will post them once I (Norm, LOL)figures out what's going on....

Registered Member

Default Re: Fishy Update

Hey Evelyn, Very sorry to hear about this sudden downturn. Most important thing is to take care of yourself and your family. Sounds like it definitely would have been a scare. That's one seriously high blood pressure. Do what you have to but GET BETTER.

Take care of yourself,
    Kirk

Thanks Kirk,

I have this week off of work and I plan on resting for the duration. The bloodpress is slowly coming down, and have a couple of people coming over for inviews for the babysitting job. Only problem is that this might cut into my fish monies So many strains out there that I still want Oh well there's alway credit, LOL Just have to find a way to hide it from the hubby

Well take care of yourself Evelyn, the twins need a mom and discus will be around forever. Sounds like a well needed week off.
    Take care
    Bill

Hey Evelyn!

Sorry to hear of your health issues. I'm glad to hear that you didn;t suffer a stroke. Yikes!

I too suffered from Bell's Palsy about a year ago. I woke up one morning and it felt like the left side of my face was asleep. You know, tingly like when your foot falls asleep. Anyway, throughout the day I began losing control of the movement on that side. Went to the hospital and $500 later found out that it was Bell's and there wasn't too much that could be done other than a steroid treatment. I had it for about a month. I'm good as new today!

Please take care of that blood pressure though! That can be very dangerous as you may well know. I wish you all the best! Get well soon.

Take care!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real Name
    Ricardo

hello Evelyn, hope you get better soon. the discus are secondary to your health for sure

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Evelyn, better take care of your self, then you can take care of your fish - the ones you have now ane the ones yet to come !
    Paul

Comfortably numb.

Thanks for the concern guys...I am in the process of slowing down as the doctor told me too. Following the drugs as perscibed, so everything should work out. My lack of sleep seems to be my culprit for the high bloodpressure so I am working on getting a babysitter to get a few ZZZ's and as for the fish....they relax me Nothing more relaxing than a happy bunch of Discus I say

Sorry to hear Evelyn.......relax and take some good down time. I am sure the fish are doing great. Hope you get well soon and take care of yourself!

All my best,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Real Name
    Chris

Wow! What a scare. Take care Evelyn.

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Evelyn I have a friend who had Bell's also. She fully recovered in not too long a time and we could not tell her face had ever been any different! Take care of yourself and can you teach your hubby to do wc's and help feed? Or a neighbor or friend? Just for awhile!
    Barb

Wow! What a scare, especially with the BP!
    Take care of yourself

Ardan

Well went to the clinic this morning to check on the BP and it is down to 160 / 100. Still high but at least it has improved!

Still trying to figure out what is going on with my camera....it doesn't seem to want to make the pictures small enough to post. Hopefully we will figure out what is going on and I will have some pics up soon

Registered Member Cooldadddyfunk286's Avatar

feel better Evelyn!! dont work too hard! glad yourself aswell as your fishies are OK!

take good care.
    -Jason-
    -------------------------

Hi Evelyn. Sorry to hear about your health problems but it sounds like you have things under control. Take care and looking forward to seeing some pics of your fishes!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast