ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: PE Mysis

Default PE Mysis

Anyone use this product - PE Mysis? How well does it work? Its like 68% protein. My LFS sells it for $15 for what looks like a small portion. However if it help the fish grow and they like it, I will buy it.

Ben

Registered Member

Default Re: PE Mysis

Haven't used the Piscine Energetics brand, but my fish went for the Hikari brand- no prob, but not for their jumbo mysis. weird.

Check with our sponsor at Aquatic Foods- might want to get a mixed order of Hikari frozen mysis, brine shrimp, and blood worms for a good price, if you'll go for 10lbs or more... the way it's packed, it should keep indefinitely in the freezer, and it's all good food...

Hmm.. I have also read that PE Mysis freezes the full shrimp. I wonder if the 2-3 inch juvies will eat them if they cant wrap thier mouths around them, meaning will they pick them apart or will I have to cut it up.... I will buy some soon and give a proper review...

Ben

Registered Member Cooldadddyfunk286's Avatar

I feed all my fish with PE and it packs on growth. its expensive, but they are TOP quality shrimps...full shrimps. they are a bit bigger than the pieces of shrimp in the hikari cubes, but even my 3 inch fish will eat them up in a hurry. so its no prob for small fish...maybe for 2 inch or smaller its no good, but like I said, my 3-4 inch fish, and all my adults loooove them!

give em a shot!
    -Jason-
    -------------------------

Real Name
    Ricardo

I know Bill @ IE uses them but when he told me the price of one packet i told him i'd pass. he told me it's great stuff though

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Julian

Wink Re: PE Mysis

The true is my adullts preffer them to other brands like ocean nutrition, and hikari, but they are pricy and only use it evey once in a while since the others do the job.
    Julian.