ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Challenge update Oct 14

Registered Member

Default Re: Challenge update Oct 14

Kenny, those are some sick looking fish. My daughter informs me that is a good think and therefore means they are looking good. My daughter also informs me that I shouldn't try using that lingo because it only makes me look stupid. Oh well, such is my lot in life.

Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by scottthomas View Post
    Those are some fat discus. lol awesome work
    i hear you there. they are on a seefood diet

Quote Originally Posted by fishyj View Post
    I just love these fish. The colloring is fantastic!!!
    thanks Jim, color in real life blows these pictures away. this tank is right next to a window that get lots of afternoon sun. usually i take my pictures at night which is easier with just the tank light on.

Quote Originally Posted by TankWatcher View Post
    sooo big, round, thick, & brilliantly coloured
    Thank you Robin. they are some incredibly beautiful discus. a lot of fun to raise up, always active and looking for food

Quote Originally Posted by lkevin View Post
    Thats a crazy schedule. Those things better give you some prize-winning fry!
    I am used to this schedule. i have to feed the fry and small discus anyway. if i do not give them something when i feed the babies...talk about some pissed off discus.lol

Quote Originally Posted by mattg View Post
    These are my favorites to look at, they're soo thick its amazing.

what is the approximate size of them at the moment?
    thanks matt. i will be measuring them again at the half way point, in 4 weeks last measurement i took was july 20th at 4 3/4". i hope bigger then that,LoL

Quote Originally Posted by hedut View Post
    Wow, they look bigger and more orange every week. I love them
    Thank you hendri, they are still growing but not as orange as they appear in this weeks post. these were taken during the day with lots of sun light.

Quote Originally Posted by Scribbles View Post
    That's one heck of a schedule, but the results are fantastic! Super shape size and color on your discus. Well done!

Chris
    Thanks Chris, they love the extra attention

Quote Originally Posted by j_li8 View Post
    looks like some monster fish. and thick too.
    Thanks Joe. they are pretty tough looking .

Registered Member Cooldadddyfunk286's Avatar

Kenny, I love the pics you take...I think its only right that you give us a picture tour of your fishroom!!! you must have some amazing, big, healthy beauties in there. you have such an awesome looking set-up. we'll have to meet up one day! would love to check out your room! your competition fish look better and better with each update. they almost look fake, they are so perfect! jeeez, great work with this group, and that exactly why I'd like to see what else Ken H has in his fishroom!

thanks again, a million times over for those cones! helped me out bigtime bro! Im rooting for you to win this thing! (altho it will be a tuff call, as ALL of the challengers fish look stunning!)

take care Ken, dont be shy with that camera now!
    -Jason-
    -------------------------

Based on the pictures and the pictures alone, if I had to have someone watch my fish while I was away for several months it would be Kenny! The mass that you have put on them and the roundness you have achieved is amazing! Keep up the fantastic work.

Registered Member

Kenny, outstanding fish quality & an enormous routine you have going, incl. the food types. I also feed my fish an array of foods they lov'em all, I think as nothing is usually left over. Keep up the great job!

Regards
    Ahmed
    Is there an antibiotic for aquarists!

Jason,
    you got it man. i will snap some photo's of my fish room asap. Hey anytime you want to meet up, just let me know. I always have a fridge full of beer and a freezer full of food...fish food that is You should try and make the Northeast Discus meeting in Nov. at Steve's place. It is a great time. I drive 4 1/2 hours to them and never regret it. Thanks so much for the awesome feed back. It is people like you that make SD the best.

Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by Cooldadddyfunk286 View Post
    Kenny, I love the pics you take...I think its only right that you give us a picture tour of your fishroom!!! you must have some amazing, big, healthy beauties in there. you have such an awesome looking set-up. we'll have to meet up one day! would love to check out your room! your competition fish look better and better with each update. they almost look fake, they are so perfect! jeeez, great work with this group, and that exactly why I'd like to see what else Ken H has in his fishroom!

thanks again, a million times over for those cones! helped me out bigtime bro! Im rooting for you to win this thing! (altho it will be a tuff call, as ALL of the challengers fish look stunning!)

take care Ken, dont be shy with that camera now!

Really beautiful fish Kenny. You are a busy individual.

If you have time, Check your PM's, I have been anxiously waiting a response...

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by bs6749 View Post
    Based on the pictures and the pictures alone, if I had to have someone watch my fish while I was away for several months it would be Kenny! The mass that you have put on them and the roundness you have achieved is amazing! Keep up the fantastic work.
    BS,
    that is such a nice complement. thank you very much

Registered Member

Kenny

Your fish look beautiful. I too would like to see some pictures of your fishroom, especiallly the filters you use. I have two batches of young discus that I am growing in the same tank. I am sure you could give me some good ideas on filters.

Mary

Registered Member Cooldadddyfunk286's Avatar

Kenny, I cant stop checkin out these same pics over and over!! each fish is perfect...perfect shape, color...so thick and round and uniform. fins all smooth as can be...dang, what a tank full of beauties. your mixes sound so awesome! I have yet to make my own mix, I like your recipes! I should give it a try sometime!

take care Kenny, would love to meet up sometime!
    -Jason-
    -------------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12