AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banana takes the flying leap.

Default Banana takes the flying leap.

Woke up this morning to the sound of my wifes screams.

Last night after the water change I was remiss in replacing the lid on the tank. This morning right after lights on, 6am, Rochelle walked by the tank and spooked banana. He went flying out of the tank, right past her face and onto the floor. This tank sits up pretty high. The center of the tank is at about eye level so the top is a good 6 1/2 feet and Banana went straight to floor After that momentary grogginess of being woken suddenly, I wasn't more than 60 seconds getting to the fish room. She had Banana in her hands appearing lifeless, tears already coming to her eyes. I took him from her and he flopped in my hands and back onto the floor, so I scooped him up and tossed him back in.

He seems to have no ill affects. I just fed the 9:30 FBW feeding and he appears totally normal and hungry. I filled the hospital tank just in case and I'll keep a close eye on him today.

Registered Member

Default Re: Banana takes the flying leap.

Go Banana the " Flying Discus" I am just glad your Wife was awake when it happened. Nice safe man.

Real Name
    Ricardo

poor thing. i hope he pulls through without any nerve damage. please keep us posted Steve-O

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member

LOL! Your title had me really intrigued! Banana is a trooper!

Julie

Registered Member

i knew it wasnt going to be good once i read the title. he is still alive so thats a good thing. close call there buddy. keep us updated on his condition.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Maher View Post
    Go Banana the " Flying Discus" I am just glad your Wife was awake when it happened. Nice safe man.
    Flying discus for sure. I won't be making that mistake again.

poor thing. i hope he pulls through without any nerve damage. please keep us posted Steve-O

So far he looks perfectly normal. With the fall he took I'm surprised. I'll keep posting on his condition.

LOL! Your title had me really intrigued! Banana is a trooper!

Julie

I think Banana holds a special place in Rochelles heart now. She dosn't care beans about my hobby but boy she sure was upset about that little fish

i knew it wasnt going to be good once i read the title. he is still alive so thats a good thing. close call there buddy. keep us updated on his condition.
    Thanks Joe, will do!

Hi Steve
    Good thing Rochelle picked him up right away so you didn't slip on the Banana when you went running in there.
    I hope the outcome of this will show just how tuff these guys can be, wishing you the best for his continued good health.
    Bill,

Quote Originally Posted by wgtaylor View Post
    Hi Steve
    Good thing Rochelle picked him up right away so you didn't slip on the Banana when you went running in there.
    I hope the outcome of this will show just how tuff these guys can be, wishing you the best for his continued good health.
    Bill,

LOL! That's a good one! They sure are tuff. Here's a video of Banana having dinner tonight.

Good save Steve! Honestly, my heart sank when I read the first part of the post. UGH! So glad you were home when that happened.

Well done!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real Name
    Chris

OMG I thought he was a gonner when I read the title. Glad he seems to be ok. Now you will have to rename him Lucky. LOL

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

Great save Steve.. Thanks to your wife and you as a team, this story has a very happy ending.. David T

Hmmmm, well we do have olympic discus throwing. Maybe now we can have olympic discus flying competitions. Sounds like Banana will get the GOLD medal

So glad everything turned out well Steve!
    Last edited by David Rose; 10-17-2009 at 08:13 AM.

Registered Member Cooldadddyfunk286's Avatar

Steve...ur fish look so awesome bro...this is gonna be a TUFF call once all is said and done. I really need to figure out how to get on board for the next discus grow out challenge! (AHEM, Al ) everyones albino golden crosses look sooooo amazing. when they are fully grown, fish of this caliber would have a super high price tag. in my mind these are priceless. such beautiful color/shape albinos you all got. JEEESH! I know a bit how you guys feel. I have 2 albino spotted leopards from Kenny/Forrest, riiiight around the same time you guys got yours. one of my albino spotteds is huuuge, almost my biggest albino. atleast a good 5.5 TL. aside for the split/jagged fins, they are amazing fish, with awesome shape, personalities and appetites! lots of similarities between the albino spotted leopards and these albino golden x spotteds that ya'll got.

even after this comp. is over...all of you have a SWEET albino tank prize fish for sure

have a good one Steve-O...dont rock too hard!
    -Jason-
    -------------------------

Thanks Jason! This is definately a close contest. I think you would make a great contestant as well. I found your thread in the photo section and your spotted albinos look awesome.Great job man!

Looks like Bananna is an adventurer. Glad to hear that all seems okay with him/her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast