AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: What Do You Think?

Default What Do You Think?

Well I guess I lied in my previous update. I decided to wait till after I get back from vacation to move the fish into the new tank. I leave in 2 1/2 weeks, not enough time to be comfortable with the new automation stuff.

I wanted to ask opinions on moving some driftwood and planted material from my display tank into the new contest tank. My only concern is contamination. The only problem I've had in that tank was gill flukes that was succesfuly treated over a year ago. All the fish in the display seem happy and healthy so I think it's fine but I'd like to get some opinions anyway.

Thanks!

Real Name
    Jim

Default Re: What Do You Think?

Hey Steve, The only thing that I have been told was not to mix fish from another tank. I don't know if that meant plants and driftwood. I would think that its sort of like a quarantine having them in the other tank. I'll be interested in what the more experienced here think.
    Jim
    Never to old to learn

That's what I was thinking. Whatever is in the tank whether it's fish or gravel. I'm mean if were talking strictly quarantine then the fish (and plants) in question have been in quarantined for over a year.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by calihawker View Post
    Well I guess I lied in my previous update. I decided to wait till after I get back from vacation to move the fish into the new tank. I leave in 2 1/2 weeks, not enough time to be comfortable with the new automation stuff.

I wanted to ask opinions on moving some driftwood and planted material from my display tank into the new contest tank. My only concern is contamination. The only problem I've had in that tank was gill flukes that was succesfuly treated over a year ago. All the fish in the display seem happy and healthy so I think it's fine but I'd like to get some opinions anyway.

Thanks!
    why not PP it?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Hey Steve, you know me....I like to err on the side of caution. I'd probably boil the wood and I have been doing Hydrogen Peroxide dips on plants to clean them up. I immediately rinse the plants under regular tap water after the quick dip.

All the best,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Rick and Eddie, those are great suggestions. I think I'll do a little of both.

Thanks!

Have you been using the same hoses, pump, wc storage etc?

Quote Originally Posted by mmorris View Post
    Have you been using the same hoses, pump, wc storage etc?
    Yeah sort of but not really. I think I know what your getting at, I used the same net for a while until I realized the error of my ways. The tanks are in such close proximity and they do share some of the same plumbing for water changes. If something was going to happen it probably would have a long time ago. I haven't added stock to the display tank in well over a year.