ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Flukes and Fry

Default Re: Flukes and Fry

Sorry to hear that Kath. It may have just been very sensitive to PP, the way some people are much more sensitive to certain meds than others.

Kacey

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wild View Post
    No she pasded this morning just too much damage. The other 4 that went threough the treatment are now pecking at their cones.
    The last one that was slightly burnt will recover, there is progress already.

Blue Turq pair and My goldens are the ones pecking.

Really strange how it only really got to 1 of them so badly, I do not understand it at all.
    I am sorry to hear Kath. All the best with the others.

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Quote Originally Posted by mmorris View Post
    It is strange. I killed my fish the first time I used PP. I very carefully followed incorrect instructions that gave 8ppm rather than 2. There were no physical signs on the fish at all.
    [/I]

You know I was having a discussion with Rod about measuring dosages the other day. His eye dropper gave him 16 drops per ml, my medicine dropper was 13 drops per ml. So for every 13 drops I was putting in he would have counted 16 which means I would have put more in. The BIDKA instrustions just quote drops per litre, no size was given, that is possibly were things went wrong. I have pm'd Paul to let him know and I have asked that the instructions are mls per 100litres or something like that, that way you can measure it out with a syringe and have no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by scottthomas View Post
    Sorry about your loss.
    Thanks Scott, it is all a learning curve, and I am learning albeit the hard way sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by kaceyo View Post
    Sorry to hear that Kath. It may have just been very sensitive to PP, the way some people are much more sensitive to certain meds than others.

Kacey
    Yes it could be Kacey, but I really would have thought that with the damage that was on her I would have seen her flip sideways or go to the top or something, nup she just stayed swimmin.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I am sorry to hear Kath. All the best with the others.

Take care,

Eddie
    Thanks Eddie.
    Cheers Kath

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wild View Post
    [/I]

The BIDKA instrustions just quote drops per litre, no size was given, that is possibly were things went wrong.
    I doubt if that was the problem. The difference wouldn't have given you an overdose. There are supposed to be 20 drops to a ml (cc). I measured once and got 19. Measuring by drops from the stock solution should have been safe. I suspect something else was going on with the fish. It's a horrible feeling to lose a fish to PP. I know. When I lost one my first time using PP I analyzed it thoroughly before I figured out that the instructions I had used at the time were wrong. I guess it was a relief to know it wasn't me! Sometimes, I guess, it's the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by mmorris View Post
    I doubt if that was the problem. The difference wouldn't have given you an overdose. There are supposed to be 20 drops to a ml (cc). I measured once and got 19. Measuring by drops from the stock solution should have been safe. I suspect something else was going on with the fish. It's a horrible feeling to lose a fish to PP. I know. When I lost one my first time using PP I analyzed it thoroughly before I figured out that the instructions I had used at the time were wrong. I guess it was a relief to know it wasn't me! Sometimes, I guess, it's the fish.
    You might be right Martha!
    Cheers Kath

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011