ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Challenge update 11/16

Default Challenge update 11/16

Here is an update on the challenge discus. Everything is going well. They are becoming a bit selective in their foods and turning their noses up to some of the foods i have been offering, mostly the flakes and pellets. These are an important food in my routine since they are my auto feeds. I started to hold off on all other foods and primarily feeding flakes and pellets until they get the taste back. I see their eye color improving since i adjusted my mix. Water changes are still 80% every morning. Sorry for the dirty tank, these were taken after a full day of feeding Hope you enjoy.

Kenny

[IMG] [/IMG]

Default Re: Challenge update 11/16

Hey Kenny, they look great.
    I hear ya about their appetite. I kicked up the temp, they would swim faster but not eat more so set it back and let them eat what they like.
    Your discus body and eye color look great and finnage is perfect. You couldn't do a better job raising those discus.
    Good to see your update,
    Bill

Real Name
    Jim

Hi Kenny, Your doing a great job raising these fish. My fish only really eat the bh now. On my next batch I will have to add more flake and veggies to my mix.
    Jim
    Never to old to learn

Registered Member Cooldadddyfunk286's Avatar

lookin great Kenny, really awesome! I love that 2nd pic. keep up the great work my friend!

take care bro.
    -Jason-
    -------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by wgtaylor View Post
    Hey Kenny, they look great.
    I hear ya about their appetite. I kicked up the temp, they would swim faster but not eat more so set it back and let them eat what they like.
    Your discus body and eye color look great and finnage is perfect. You couldn't do a better job raising those discus.
    Good to see your update,
    Bill
    Thanks Bill. i bet these guys are eating about half what they were a month ago. I am not complaining though, keeps me out of the kitchen. I too played around with temp and vitamins but figured they are eating what they want. Hey i still do not like veggies and no one forces me

Gorgeous Monsters Kenny, man....you could just quite feeding them altogether and wait out the time, they are HUGE!!! The shape is AMAZING too. Outstanding work my friend, you make it look so easy.

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

marielou20

Smile Re: Challenge update 11/16

Quote Originally Posted by acroken View Post
    Here is an update on the challenge discus. Everything is going well. They are becoming a bit selective in their foods and turning their noses up to some of the foods i have been offering, mostly the flakes and pellets. These are an important food in my routine since they are my auto feeds. I started to hold off on all other foods and primarily feeding flakes and pellets until they get the taste back. I see their eye color improving since i adjusted my mix. Water changes are still 80% every morning. Sorry for the dirty tank, these were taken after a full day of feeding Hope you enjoy.

Kenny

[IMG] [/IMG]
    really awesome discus!!!!

what kind of variety are they?

Quote Originally Posted by marielou20 View Post
    really awesome discus!!!!

what kind of variety are they?
    Where have you been dude? they albino Golden from kenny / Forrest. and all the contestant same.

Keep the good work Kenny, I always looking forward to see your beautiful fish up date
    Last edited by hedut; 11-16-2009 at 09:07 PM.
    Henry
    Back to Discus grin:

Kenny,

They are really looking fantastic! Well done my friend!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real Name
    Chris

They are looking fabulous Kenny! Excellent work. I love the second picture.

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by fishyj View Post
    Hi Kenny, Your doing a great job raising these fish. My fish only really eat the bh now. On my next batch I will have to add more flake and veggies to my mix.
    Thanks Jim. that is the beauty of home mixes, you can add anything you want. I try and keep them on a nice variety of foods. Your contest discus are looking real good my friend. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Cooldadddyfunk286 View Post
    lookin great Kenny, really awesome! I love that 2nd pic. keep up the great work my friend!
    take care bro.
    Hey Jason, I know my photos were not great in this post. I will do better on the next one Things have been a bit crazy for me. I am in the middle of moving. Thanks and i am looking forward to meeting you this weekend!

Kenny

Great job Kenny. I especially like the third pic which shows the width. The second pics shows how uniform and large they are :9) Tough competition but your guys are in there swinging. hehe Thanks for all your hard work and postings my friend David T

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Gorgeous Monsters Kenny, man....you could just quite feeding them altogether and wait out the time, they are HUGE!!! The shape is AMAZING too. Outstanding work my friend, you make it look so easy.

Take care,

Eddie
    Thanks Eddie.LOL, just think of the money i would save on food Yesterday my girlfriend was comparing how much we spend on fish food vs. our food. I think she is jealous.
    Kenny