AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Mature 90G planted tank...

Default Re: Mature 90G planted tank...

Just saw your thread today after noting your welcomed response in mine re: Pics of single strain discus tank.
    Your tank is fabulous imo, it's the kind of scaping that makes me want to improve mine - hence my request for suggestions, etc. on improving my layout & plantings.
    You've received some excellent advice above, & if you can manage it, I'd go with 4.0" fish - your mentioned selection of Red Turquoise Leopards would be excellent - you wouldn't be sorry if you went that route.
    (Penang Eruptions are my favorite, but can be somewhat pricey ! )
    BTW, you saw my tank - i too have reached a "zone" with it - sure hope it lasts.
    I gradually acclimated my plants to 84 F temp, & so far they all seem to be tolerating it very well.
    All the best to you - I'm sure your tank will look stunning, post discus - you'll HAVE to post pics !!!
    Paul

Wow, Am I ever red-faced !!!!!
    Didn't get past page 1 when I posted the above, not having taken any notice of the dates & the length of this thread. Lesson learned.
    I now see you've gone through all your purchases and a number of changes to your tank, and you're now an old hand. I should have known.
    Well, I think I can laugh about it - must have given others a good laugh too.
    Best,
    Paul

Registered Member theblondskeleton's Avatar

Haha! No worries. I've done that a time or two! I wouldn't call myself an "old hand" just yet - I've only had these since January or so. I'm still just a beginner when it comes down to it. I've had a lot of great advice here, and that makes the difference. My fish are healthy and a good size, and pretty too! That's the result of a good community

And thanks for the kind words regarding the scape. I put a lot of work into practicing and getting better at placement and planning. I hit some serious speed bumps along the way, but I'm learning. Mostly, I think I have to control my collectoritis with plants, haha!

Registered Member

Beautiful setup, Great work. If and when I have time I like to start a planted tank on my 75G. I am slowly collecting low light plants, mainly Anubias, hopefully once it matures I am hoping to put in a pair of Orange Head Tapajos with some fillers of Tetras. Lots to learn until then.

Registered Member

beautiful tank

Absolutely gorgeous!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011