Cafepress Store     Kenny's Discus

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Week #23, Water Change #23

  1. #1
    Moderator Team Chad Hughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    4,698
    iTrader
    11 (100%)

    Default Week #23, Water Change #23

    Well, what can I say, time is clipping along!

    These guys are going in to week 24 without any issues whatsoever to date. Growth has been fatastic and their appetites are still strong. My routine hasn't changed much. One weekly water change and 2 to 4 feedings daily depending on my schedule. I will admit that with the projects that I have going on in other parts of the house (room additions plus a fish room) feedings have been 2 per day on average. First on at 0630 and the second 12 hours later. Basically they have been getting two meals a day 12 hours apart.

    Anyway, attached are some pics. Sorry, but they're not very good. I reset my camera settings to take some outdoor shots and can't figure out how to get it back to tank shot settings. UGH! LOL! I'll get it eventually.

    Best wishes!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chad Hughes

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #2
    Registered Member Scribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sammamish, WA
    Posts
    2,595
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    Chris

    Default Re: Week #23, Water Change #23

    They look great Chad! They look huge in the pictures. Your tank is so beautiful. Great job!

    Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

  3. #3
    Moderator Team Chad Hughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    4,698
    iTrader
    11 (100%)

    Default Re: Week #23, Water Change #23

    Quote Originally Posted by Scribbles View Post
    They look great Chad! They look huge in the pictures. Your tank is so beautiful. Great job!

    Chris
    Thank you Chris! They are huge. Pictures don't really do them justice. They will soon eclipse some of my larest adults. I'm OK with that. LOL! Thanks for the compliments on the tank!

    Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #4
    Registered Member wgtaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Brookings, Oregon
    Posts
    997
    iTrader
    1 (100%)

    Default Re: Week #23, Water Change #23

    Hi Chad
    Those plants really make a nice backdrop behind your discus, look great.
    Sounds like your have achieved scientific perfection raising those discus, they are looking great. Well done buddy.
    Take care,
    Bill

  5. #5
    Moderator Team Chad Hughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    4,698
    iTrader
    11 (100%)

    Default Re: Week #23, Water Change #23

    Quote Originally Posted by wgtaylor View Post
    Hi Chad
    Those plants really make a nice backdrop behind your discus, look great.
    Sounds like your have achieved scientific perfection raising those discus, they are looking great. Well done buddy.
    Take care,
    Bill
    Thanks so much Bill! I love my planted tanks!

    Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #6
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chula Vista, CA
    Posts
    29
    iTrader
    0

    Default Re: Week #23, Water Change #23

    Hey Chad, these guys are going to make some really great babies! Can't wait 'til you have some for sale.

    Bert

  7. #7
    Registered Member Darren's Discus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    townsville queensland
    Posts
    3,032
    iTrader
    3 (100%)

    Default Re: Week #23, Water Change #23

    Chad,
    you have done a great job with them ! look fantastic.



    cheers
    Darren Burgess
    Townsville Queensland Australia
    townsvillerocks@gmail.com

  8. #8
    Registered Member dpt8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,571
    iTrader
    4 (100%)

    Default Re: Week #23, Water Change #23

    Chad, I have been rooting for you due to the infrequent water changes... Helps those that can't afford the water bill to still be able to keep discus. When all said and done it will be interesting to see a summary if you can, on what changes in food, lighting, tank size or anything you may have had to make over this time.. Great job. I especially love the first pic..

  9. #9
    Moderator Team Chad Hughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    4,698
    iTrader
    11 (100%)

    Default Re: Week #23, Water Change #23

    Quote Originally Posted by yeaboyt View Post
    Hey Chad, these guys are going to make some really great babies! Can't wait 'til you have some for sale.

    Bert
    Hey Bert!

    Long time no talk! Good to hear from you my friend. I agree, these guys/gals will have some incredible off spring. Excellent genes! Keep your eye on facebook. You'll get real time updates there. Have a good one!

    Quote Originally Posted by A1 Aquarium World View Post
    Chad,
    you have done a great job with them ! look fantastic.

    Thanks mate! Best wishes!!

    cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by dpt8 View Post
    Chad, I have been rooting for you due to the infrequent water changes... Helps those that can't afford the water bill to still be able to keep discus. When all said and done it will be interesting to see a summary if you can, on what changes in food, lighting, tank size or anything you may have had to make over this time.. Great job. I especially love the first pic..
    Thank you so much! Yes, between the water bill and time spent on maintenance, my methods allow me to use very little water and spend more time enjoying than working.

    When the contest is complete, I'll post a summary report of the overall experience and the changes that occurred over the year.

    Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #10
    Registered Member acroken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    897
    iTrader
    6 (100%)

    Default Re: Week #23, Water Change #23

    Chad,
    That tank is beautiful. All look happy and healthy. It is exciting to see how well your discus are doing with your routine and system. Very nicely done.

    Kenny

  11. #11
    Moderator Team Chad Hughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    4,698
    iTrader
    11 (100%)

    Default Re: Week #23, Water Change #23

    Quote Originally Posted by acroken View Post
    Chad,
    That tank is beautiful. All look happy and healthy. It is exciting to see how well your discus are doing with your routine and system. Very nicely done.

    Kenny
    Thanks for the kind words Kenny! I really appreciate that!

    Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

pic of month             AquaticSuppliers.com