ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishking, my experience. Very Long Post.

Default Re: Fishking, my experience. Very Long Post.

sorry double posted...

Real Name
    Ricardo

im so sorry to hear about your bad experience Rod. what is worse is that you are barely getting back into discus keeping and then this happens. if i were a breeder i would honestly send you some discus free of charge. i just hope this doesnt make you lose the passion of discus keeping. one expects bad experiences when dealing with mail order but we have come accustomed to great transactions with our SD sponsors. something like this does make you aware, as Chad pointed out, that mistakes do happen. im just sorry it had to come at the expense of the fish and yourself.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

thank you ricardo! It would take more than this to get me out of the hobby again!

I can honestly feel for you in this situation...atleast it was out of your control,unlike my depressing situation..
    Quote Originally Posted by roclement View Post
    Thank you...I survived a girlfriend killing all my fish and I witnessed many people loosing all their fish with DD Discus...just want to make people aware...I will post a shocking picture of my fish either today if I get home early enough from work or tomorrow...once one dies the gates are open...it is a very sad thig to see fish dying like that...

rod

Hey Rod, Man i am sorry to hear this. It is terrible when sellers do not stand behind their product. Who cares what their profit margins are. This is BS! How can you expect to run a successful business if you do not take care of your customers. Sometimes even in the worst situations a seller can turn things around and really regain the respect and loyalty of their customers by doing the right thing. I have some Red Rose's from the same spawn i will give you N/C. I have about 350 RR fry now, so needless to say i have plenty. Let me know, i see Bob every once in awhile so I could drop them off to you.

also-I have some Red Turks that are about 3 1/2" if interested

Kenny

Kenny,

Thanks, very kind of you. I still have all my fish from hans and kenny alive and very well in my other room, for now they are safe! Knock on wood!

Once I get trough this whole thing and sterilize a tank or two, I may take you up on the offer!

Just to clarify another point for everyone...

James has contacted other people and told them that him and Mr. Chen would cover all the fish losses people may have incurred from the disease caused by their fish. That would be very honorable of them and it would show comitment to our hobby and comunity.
    I have e-mailed James and asked him to confirm this to me in writing and offered to post it here in this thread. If I hear back from them I will update my thread.

As always, my intent is to inform of a situation and not "bad mouth" someone with unfounded acusations, if Fishking does the right thing for those of us affected, I will be the first one to post it here and recognize their efforts.

Rod

Very happy to see things move into positive direction. The "Silver lining" is starting to show..

"My e-mail to James:

James,

As you probably know I posted on Simply about my experience, I want to be very fair about this and Bob told me that he spoke with you today and you promissed that everyone's losses would be refunded included the fish that were in our tanks that were not purchased from you. I would like to post that in my thread because I truly belive that you are not comunicating very well with everyone about your intentions.

I want to be fair to you, if you honestly want to compensate people for their losses let me know and I will post that on Simply, it would be a very good thing for your credibility. It could be something like this:

"Rod,

I fully intend to compensate everyone's losses that ocurred due to the fish that we shipped out, including fish that did not come from us but have contracted the disease our fish carried.

Please contact me directly with proper documentation of fish loss and dollar amounts so we can get this process started.

We here at Fishking USA are very sorry for all the problems we have caused and hope to make emends with all discus keepers out there that may have suffered from our transactions, our intentions are honest and honorable and fixing this situation is our only priority at this time.

Sincerely,

James
    Fishking USA"

Let me know what you want me to do.

Rod"

His response:

"Rod,

Thank you for this email as I was pounding hard in my head try to translate Chinese letter into English. I could do short emails no problem, but when it's time to explain, it'll take me hours to do so.

Like I told Bob, it's not that I don't want to settle this issue, it's because Mr. Chen isn't around, and it's hard to communicate with him when he is in Malaysia, and the time zone is like 16 hours different. I can't solve this by myself, you know. That's why I choose to be silent until he is back.

Please post what you have written, and I will try to explain everything later.

Thanks again.

James & Mandy
    Fish King Discus USA
    fishkingdiscususa@gmail.com
    www.fishkingdiscususa.com"

I am very glad to see that we seem to be making progress and it seems to me that James has good intentions, I will keep my fingers crossed for all of us who are having these issues but this does seem to be a light in the end of the tunnel.

Rod

Registered Member Cooldadddyfunk286's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by acroken View Post
    Hey Rod, Man i am sorry to hear this. It is terrible when sellers do not stand behind their product. Who cares what their profit margins are. This is BS! How can you expect to run a successful business if you do not take care of your customers. Sometimes even in the worst situations a seller can turn things around and really regain the respect and loyalty of their customers by doing the right thing. I have some Red Rose's from the same spawn i will give you N/C. I have about 350 RR fry now, so needless to say i have plenty. Let me know, i see Bob every once in awhile so I could drop them off to you.

Kenny
    Kenny, ur such a great guy! I just wanted to throw that out there. I think all of your good karma just poured into your contest fish tank!

Rod - Im very sorry to hear about this. S**t happens man, you know? it sucks. hey, Im just curious...how did your girl kill all of your fish in the past?? you can PM me if you feel like tellin me lol, im just wondering thats all. again, sorry for your losses, like you said...atleast ur wilds, kenny and hans fish are OK.

take care Rod.
    -Jason-
    -------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by acroken View Post

Kenny
    As always, Kenny is a class act.

Sorry for the situation you are in Rod, but it looks like things may turn around...

Al, you may have no choice but to move this thread, but somehow keep the product review portion where it belongs... if that makes any sense lol.

Ben

Glad to hear that you heard from James and things moving in the right direction. Just to give everyone a little insight, I received 1 discus from FishKing (James and Mandy) and that one fish went into a 20 gallon QT tank alone. The size of the fish was not as promised which started this off on a bad note. The discus was acclimated and put into the QT with the lights off until the next morning so I didnt reaaly look at it closely. The next morning I turned the lights on to find the discus with clamped and cloudy fins which spread eventually to its body. This was Wednesday morning and by Friday ALL of my discus were infected. Keep in mind that I purchased a new hose and buckets to maintain this tank as not to cross contaminate. Just to keep it short I lost 5 discus yesterday and woke this morning to find 27 dead. Im sure the other 50 which include many adult albinos will follow suit. If by some miracle some of them pull through, they are no good to me as I WILL NOT sell these fish to anyone and jeopardize their discus. I spoke with James today and just as Rod had stated, he ensures that all will be compensated for any losses as a result of his discus. Communication between James, Mr Chen and those affected at this point is of very high importance. Perhaps there is a light at the end of the tunnel as many have stated on this post. Perhaps I may even stick with discus when I have pondered several times while dealing with this to give it up. Pics of my losses are posted below. The first two pics are from today and the last five were yesterday.

Bob

Ugh Bob, so sorry, my stomach turned when I saw those pics. I have always liked looking at pictures of your Discus, to see them like that is gut wrenching.

I hope you disinfect, clean up and try again because the hobby would suffer to lose a Hobbyist breeder such as yourself..

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by moik View Post
    I know very well they are a sponsor here at Simply...New sponsor/new customers/new experiences..All part of the big picture/history being made..I have been taken advantage of 3 times in the past...Still remember like it was yesterday. That is why I deal with certain individuals and they are my very good friends now..Hang in there..

Rod
    [/QUOTE]
    Hi,
    I'm new and just got back to keeping Discus. We really feel your pain, and hope your nightmare will be over soon.

We are blessed by having a GREAT friend, and breeder at Wattley's Discus.Should you decide to purchase from him PM us and we will set you up.
    He is EXTREMELY professional, and a leader of breeders.
    Regards,
    The Rockster

All my present problems with my discus today are miniscule to this..I am very sad to witness this..Nothing but high hopes and best wishes for you people in this situation...So very sorry for everything happening.
    Last edited by moik; 12-09-2009 at 07:05 PM.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast