ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishking, my experience. Very Long Post.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Eddie

Default Re: Fishking, my experience. Very Long Post.

Hi Guys,
    Long time simply discus member and I also have had the same problem...
    Last week i received 4 F1 wild greens from Fish King. Its the same story with the box - wet and not sealed right... It looked as though ups cut opened it and then duct taped it together.
    Well After 2 days the **** hit the fan. The 4 were covered with slime and darting. I used Furan 2 for 5 days and lowered the ph slowly,no results came from it. i also kept 3tbls per 10g salt on them as well. After the 5th day i did a pp bath on them and let them rest that day and started triple sulfa on them the day after. They seem to be recovering but i did lose 2. Now unfortunately my nearby stendker tank is infected as well.
    I really hope things can work out with James and I and the other members here that are infected.

Eddie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member

Hi all,

We have to sincerely apologize to everyone here in the forum, especially to those who received fish from our November shipment.

We didn't try to avoid the responsibilities, it's just all happened so suddenly when Mr. Chen wasn't around.

When we first received this shipment, nothing was unusual, fish got stressed after 30 plus hrs flight transportation, so we put them under 1 week quarantine observation, still, nothing happened. So we delivered the fish to Vancouver and ship from there, then couple of Simply hobbyists came down here to Seattle from Vancouver to pick up some fish on the weekends. Then we shipped the fish to Rod & Bob and other 2 members on Monday. We did receive a PM saying some of our fish in Canada got airborne infection during the transportation, we didn't pay too much attention because we thought it's just another normal transaction. But right after that, our fish got sick, and we got phone calls from Vancouver stating their fish got sick, too. So we contacted Mr. Chen and tried to understand what happened, then we cancelled all other shipments.

(When Mr. Chen was still in China, a new shipment came, all wild. So Mr. Chen's employees put them in a different room quarantine with some other fish, and soon those fish were all infected without warning. Mr. Chen was notified right away, so he flew back next day and medicated the fish.
    He tried to postpone the shipment to us, but since there was no any sickness appeared after several days observation, he decided to ship them just like scheduled.)

After knowing what happened, Mr. Chen sent medication right away, then after we received it, we shipped them out, and we went to Vancouver again delivered the medication.
    We didn't ignore emails, we were just too busy driving around saving fish.

We talked to Al, but he thought it's better say nothing, just send the medication out, rather than spread panic around, so we remained silent. While the medications were on the way, we also tried different ways to heal the illness also notified the purchasers the new treatment; we also continued to contact Mr. Chen regarding the refund issue, but unfortunately, he was out in Malaysia doing business, all we know is what his wife told us they will do their best to reimburse all the loss.

We know we are new, but this can't be an excuse to escape from what happened. We'll be responsible for all the loss, but we need time to communicate with Mr. Chen, and time for him to find the best way to compensate. Please send all the dead fish pics to fishkingdiscususa@gmail.com, and we'll contact you shortly.

We'll also ask Mr. Chen to appear in the forum, and briefly explain & apologize for what had happened. But please understand this, English is our second language, so it'll take longer for him to write.

We will do our best to resolve all the problems before holidays, so we can all have a nice 2010.

Sincerely,

FishKing Discus USA

James,

Thank you very much for posting here, this is the kind of outcome we can all hope for, like I said before, my losses are small compared to others...I hope all of this gets resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

Rod

Registered Member

So sorry to hear of everybodies losses.

So any word on what the disease is? Strange it spreads that fast without water to water contact.
    Did swine flu pass to fish now or something?

Hope everything gets resolved for everyone.

I'm the same as everybody here that purchase fish from Fishking who got the plague too. I imediately informed James that the fish that I got from him got some kinda disease that it's spreading to my whole healthy stock. I sent pictures to him to prove that my fish are sick(dark,gasping for air white slime on the body etc). He and his wife Mandy responded quickly and drove 3 hours from Seattle to Vancouver Canada to help us rescue our fish. It's not only me that they tried to help 2 other members on this forum are from Vancouver as well. They went from house to house to deliver the medicine to try save our stock. Unfortunately the fish are still sick and some died. I don't think they are trying to run away from this problem but it happened so quick that they couldn't accomodate all of us that are having the same problems. Also they coudn't reach Mr. Chen to help them out to decide what to do with all of us. I really do appreciate when they came all the way down here and try to help us. They answered all my phone calls and responded to my emails. They even called me 12 am midnight to tell me that they received meds from Mr. Chen for me try for my fish. They also assured me that they will settle this problem and compensate everyone that got affected by this virus. It's really sad for all of us to lose our fish just like that. It's a really stressful and time consuming to try to save our stock.
    Last edited by Mello; 12-09-2009 at 08:20 PM.

Sorry to hear of this awful experience. I know DiscusFreakaZoid ordered an Albino Turk that I bought from him a few days later. It became bloated, but Epsom Salts did the trick. So far so good from that point.

I hope this issue gets resolved very soon, so you'll be able to put it behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by shime View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Long time simply discus member and I also have had the same problem...
    Last week i received 4 F1 wild greens from Fish King. Its the same story with the box - wet and not sealed right... It looked as though ups cut opened it and then duct taped it together.
    Well After 2 days the **** hit the fan. The 4 were covered with slime and darting. I used Furan 2 for 5 days and lowered the ph slowly,no results came from it. i also kept 3tbls per 10g salt on them as well. After the 5th day i did a pp bath on them and let them rest that day and started triple sulfa on them the day after. They seem to be recovering but i did lose 2. Now unfortunately my nearby stendker tank is infected as well.
    I really hope things can work out with James and I and the other members here that are infected.

Eddie

i had the same problem first time i ordered with them. Bag was low in water and fishes mouth was protruding out and box was wet. I wasnt sure if it was ups or just them being new and not knowing how to do it properly or ups could just be doing last minute adjustments to make weight. My stomach dropped because it was a big beautiful fish and didnt deserve die in that manner not that any fish does but i had my heart set on this fish before i bought it. Luckily i got it into a styro box i use for drippin and air bubble and it survived with no trauma. So i gave them benefit of the doubt and ordered again from them. they were nice to provide me alot of pics and let me choose. In the end that is what i look for since im very peculiar about what discus i purchase. So second time around bagging was perfect. no leaks and nicely tucked in a box like one of Kennys jobs even with a heatpack. fish was heathy and active in the bag and as soon as i put him in the drippin box he was moving well. Dave has him now. there kind of in your face kind of sales people but i can respect that when thats there living and there tryin to jumpstart there business on here. They have beautiful fish and strains other sponsors dont offer and there new so hopefully they can move on from this rocky beginning and provide us with some beauties in the future from Mr chen and learn to work with simplymembers to the best of there abilities and provide excellent customer service like we are use too from sponsors here. that Strategy never fails as you can see how well some sponsors are doing here "cough cough" Kenny and Hans who i met once. havent had any exp with other sponsors but will soon. im glad things worked out for you roclement with a little persistency and your effective communication you got somewhat of the result you wanted. i really appreciate you sharing this with us so others who felt in the dark can come out and share there experiences to. In the end it helps consumer as well as supplier. I will continue to do business with them because they gave me no reason not too. I am sure they will make amends and start off 2010 learning from this and providing us with real nice fishies :

Heres a pic of the one fish i got from them that is feisty which i can tell helped him live thru that shipping ordeal. i Luv showin him off he is my Baby
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DiscusFreakaZoid; 12-09-2009 at 08:44 PM.
    Dont Let your passion turn into an Obsession

"Frank Mir"

Hi Roclement
    I sure hope everything works out ok for you and the others. This whole scenario sucks and wish everyone affected by this the best.....

Quote Originally Posted by David Rose View Post
    Sorry to hear of this awful experience. I know DiscusFreakaZoid ordered an Albino Turk that I bought from him a few days later. It became bloated, but Epsom Salts did the trick. So far so good from that point.

I hope this issue gets resolved very soon, so you'll be able to put it behind you.

im goin to need some epsom salt after i get bloated from xmas parties glad the fish is doing well. ill have to swing by and check him out.
    Dont Let your passion turn into an Obsession

"Frank Mir"

James,
    This is a very difficult thing for all involved I am sure and I think its great that you will be taking care of all these losses... But as I said during our telephone call ... communication needs to be maintained
    with your customers when a problem occurs.. If you could not reach your supplier...you still have a responsibility to communicate with your customers and let them know whats going on. I can't stress that enough.

One very very important note of clarification...
    We talked to Al, but he thought it's better say nothing, just send the medication out, rather than spread panic around, so we remained silent.
    This is your business James...I tried to help you, Rod, and Bob resolve your issues..it was not my responsibility to do so.... and When I spoke with You, I strongly suggested you immediately close out this order on the forum and not sell any more stock from this order AND contact ALL your customers that recieved fish from this order to let them know about the problems.....which you did not do....

I do not want anyone here thinking I was trying to keep something off the forum..I encouraged Rod and Bob to post what ever they felt appropriate and have the emails to prove that.

-al

ps..Bob...I am so sorry that you have gone thru this.....don't throw in the towel though....
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 12-09-2009 at 08:46 PM.
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

As I stated many times in my posts, Al has been nothing but helpful, I firmly believe that had it not been for Al's help, this situation would not have move forward.

Al in no way kept me from posting, from my first comunication with him, I was told to post whatever I felt apropriate, he encouraged comunication with Fishking and spent over 6 hours on the phone with them on all of this. I am sure that had it not been for Al and Bob I would not have received any money...so sure in fact that I am going to donate all the $100 to the Forum since without this place situations like this would happen all the time without all of us knowing.

Rod

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Marc

Quote Originally Posted by BOBT00LS View Post
    Glad to hear that you heard from James and things moving in the right direction. Just to give everyone a little insight, I received 1 discus from FishKing (James and Mandy) and that one fish went into a 20 gallon QT tank alone. The size of the fish was not as promised which started this off on a bad note. The discus was acclimated and put into the QT with the lights off until the next morning so I didnt reaaly look at it closely. The next morning I turned the lights on to find the discus with clamped and cloudy fins which spread eventually to its body. This was Wednesday morning and by Friday ALL of my discus were infected. Keep in mind that I purchased a new hose and buckets to maintain this tank as not to cross contaminate. Just to keep it short I lost 5 discus yesterday and woke this morning to find 27 dead. Im sure the other 50 which include many adult albinos will follow suit. If by some miracle some of them pull through, they are no good to me as I WILL NOT sell these fish to anyone and jeopardize their discus. I spoke with James today and just as Rod had stated, he ensures that all will be compensated for any losses as a result of his discus. Communication between James, Mr Chen and those affected at this point is of very high importance. Perhaps there is a light at the end of the tunnel as many have stated on this post. Perhaps I may even stick with discus when I have pondered several times while dealing with this to give it up. Pics of my losses are posted below. The first two pics are from today and the last five were yesterday.

Bob

Oh no Bob I have a pit in my stomach after seeing this. I really hope something good comes out of all this for you and Rod.
    Marc

This is really heart-wrenching. I'm so terribly sorry, guys. But kudos to you for posting about it on the forum. Has anyone scoped a fish? It would have to be done while it is still alive.

WOW that a lot lose Bob.....sorry to see that happen
    Henry
    Back to Discus grin:

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast