AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Seachem SAFE

Default Re: Seachem SAFE

More geewiz information. I use 1 each 2 liter bottle of Prime every 45 days. This bottle treats 20,000 gallons. The 1 kilo container of Safe treats 200,000 gallons. This is 10 times more than the 2 liter bottles. Technically, this 1 kilo is gonna last me over a year!

Take care and Happy Holidays!

Eddie

PS: This is a savings of >260 dollars, if you look at it in the long run.
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member

Thanks for doing the math Eddie!...Count me in on this one. I will be getting some myself as well...be foolish NOT to. Saving $260 sounds real good...Bill

Quote Originally Posted by William Palumbo View Post
    Thanks for doing the math Eddie!...Count me in on this one. I will be getting some myself as well...be foolish NOT to. Saving $260 sounds real good...Bill
    I know, its working like a charm too!

And I dont work for Seachem! LOL

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Thx Eddie, I've been using Chroram-X but I like the price and will give it a try!
    Dave

Registered Member smoothhound2000's Avatar

Smile Re: Seachem SAFE

hi eddie good find...... how big is your tank and how much would would you add if using a tea or table spoon or are you measuring it out using scales, because acording to the seachem website it looks like you add hardly anything if you have 4ft tank as i have. This would mean i could save loads of money.

Real Name
    Ricardo

from their website:

"Chlorine: use 1 measure to each 60 L (15 gallons*) of tap water (removes 1 ppm).
    Chloramine: use 1 measure to each 75 L (20 gallons*) of tap water (removes 1 ppm).
    Ammonia: use 1 measure to each 11 L (3 gallons*) of tap water (removes 1 ppm). Do not overdose! "

is the "measure" the cap? i ask because if 1 cap treats only 15g for chlorine then you would have to use a lot of it wouldn't you? i'm trying to do the math on how much i would have to use but seeing 3 separate measures kind of throws me off

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Quote Originally Posted by smoothhound2000 View Post
    hi eddie good find...... how big is your tank and how much would would you add if using a tea or table spoon or are you measuring it out using scales, because acording to the seachem website it looks like you add hardly anything if you have 4ft tank as i have. This would mean i could save loads of money.
    Dude, I have 4 each 55 gallon tank (100% water change daily), 1 each 50 gallon (100% daily), and 3 each 29 gallon tanks (75-100% daily). Somewhere in the neighborhood of >300 gallons daily, without fail. And yes, LOADS of money.

The instructions on the site say one measure. The spoon that comes with the container is EXTREMELY small. The one kilo container actually gives better measurements.

1/4 tsp treats 200 gallons (treating chlorine)
    1/4 tsp treats 250 galloons (treating chloramines)

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    from their website:

"Chlorine: use 1 measure to each 60 L (15 gallons*) of tap water (removes 1 ppm).
    Chloramine: use 1 measure to each 75 L (20 gallons*) of tap water (removes 1 ppm).
    Ammonia: use 1 measure to each 11 L (3 gallons*) of tap water (removes 1 ppm). Do not overdose! "

is the "measure" the cap? i ask because if 1 cap treats only 15g for chlorine then you would have to use a lot of it wouldn't you? i'm trying to do the math on how much i would have to use but seeing 3 separate measures kind of throws me off
    Nope Ricardo, see above.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Thx Eddie, I've been using Chroram-X but I like the price and will give it a try!
    Dave
    Definitely worth it Dave, really worth it. You will be extremely satisfied!

HTH

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

According to the manufacturer a "measure" is 100mg. That's only a tenth of a gram. A quarter tsp of ChlorAm-X weighs .9grams. So the "Safe" is over twice as consentrated.

Kacey

Registered Member Singularity96's Avatar

i`m happy the safe is working for you eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity96 View Post
    i`m happy the safe is working for you eddie
    Thanks for the drop Sing, its definitely is the way to go! Even with my daily heavy water changes, its still gonna last me months to a year!

Good call my friend, I owe you a drink!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Eddie,

Thanks for the tip man! You and I change about the same amount of water and any way to cut costs is right up my alley! As soon as I go through my liquid prime, I'm switching. I'm ordering the 4 kilo right now!

Oh, did you notice that it states that if the water temp is above 30c to cut the dose? What does the container say? I read this on a website.

Thanks brother!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Hughes View Post
    Eddie,

Thanks for the tip man! You and I change about the same amount of water and any way to cut costs is right up my alley! As soon as I go through my liquid prime, I'm switching. I'm ordering the 4 kilo right now!

Oh, did you notice that it states that if the water temp is above 30c to cut the dose? What does the container say? I read this on a website.

Thanks brother!
    Yup Chad, it states that. This was brought up by another member and believe it or not, Prime has the exact same precautions.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

I hv been using 'safe' for nearly a year, and it sure lasts a long time, but the only problem is 'caking'. B4 I even finish 1/3 of the bottle, it hardened and I had to literally use a hammer to break them up. Don't u hv such problem? How u resolve?

Registered Member

I'll have to try the Safe- seems like a good buy. Thanks, Eddie.

Caking is likely because of absorbed moisture from the air. Might try using a pack or 2 of silica crystals from a bottle of vitamins or similar. They can be recharged occasionally by putting them in a warm oven to drive off the accumulated moisture...

Quote Originally Posted by melon9 View Post
    I hv been using 'safe' for nearly a year, and it sure lasts a long time, but the only problem is 'caking'. B4 I even finish 1/3 of the bottle, it hardened and I had to literally use a hammer to break them up. Don't u hv such problem? How u resolve?
    Definitely good to know! Havent dealt with that, and to be honest, the stuff must last a life time if its hardening. Here in Okinawa it is quite humid so I will have to find a method to keep moisture out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhhnn View Post
    I'll have to try the Safe- seems like a good buy. Thanks, Eddie.

Caking is likely because of absorbed moisture from the air. Might try using a pack or 2 of silica crystals from a bottle of vitamins or similar. They can be recharged occasionally by putting them in a warm oven to drive off the accumulated moisture...
    Good tip on the silica crystals Jhhnn. This SAFE is a dream!

All the best and take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast