AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: $400.-500! are you nuts?

Default $400.-500! are you nuts?

This guy thinks his bulldog eruption is worth $400-$500?!

Is he high? He calls it a "Super Eruption" but if you ask me, the spots are kind of big to be a super eruption, most super eruptions have many many fine spots.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...cus&1263499211

Default Re: $400.-500! are you nuts?

That definitely over price but not sure in Asia may just Trend model discus . cause most trend fish in Asia price quite high
    Henry
    Back to Discus grin:

I'd say it probably is worth what he's asking for it. Just not to you. It's a very nice specimen in many ways and very high quality bulldogs go for big bucks. Being a spotted makes it worth more too.

Kacey

Tito

Is it worth that much to me NO. But then again 99% of all discus are not worth that much to me. It's a principle thing.

That said - I think a person has the right to sell their fish for whatever they feel - since ther is always someone that will spend the money. THat's the amazing part of the fish hobby - always big spenders to help pay the rent.

Real Name
    Chris

The fish is worth whatever someone will pay for it. To each his own. I wouldn't pay that for it but that's just me.

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

I wouldn't pay that much for it either. But just because I can't afford it doesn't mean it's not worth the asking price. If money were no object and I wanted to breed spotted bulldogs I'd consider it.

Kacey

With no history the buyer will never sell it sight unseen, maybe a local will get it. Never seen spotted discus in the bulldog form before, maybe there is a market. Remember, it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
    Mark

Did you check out the wilds ?? 1,800. for four.. Beautiful but I have never heard of this person.

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Quote Originally Posted by dpt8 View Post
    Did you check out the wilds ?? 1,800. for four.. Beautiful but I have never heard of this person.

I know him, very nice guy, nice Discus but $1,800 ????? It's just what some one is willing to pay,

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Registered Member

Personally I'd rather spend that sort of money on a couple/few discus rather than 1. It's ok looking to me, but a little too bulldog for my taste(once they get that heart shape indent in the tail They remind me too much of a parrot(?)fish)

but it's worth whatever someone will pay for it.

Registered Member

Actually, I wouldnt even take it for just shipping charges. But I agree its worth whatever someone is willing to pay.
    Scott

Real Name
    Julian

Sorry but I am old fashion when it come to shape in discus, bulldog was to me a fish that should be cull, but I guess they are very popular on Asia, I go as far as a nice high body , but the shape of the discus should be close to round thats where the name come from "Dicus".
    Julian
    Discuholic