ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I am in trouble

Default Re: I am in trouble

Life looks a lot different without pain

Prayers for the surgery team
    Lynn

I am on my way home now from Pittsburgh. The doc feels pretty good about the procedure. I can not tell yet as i am still on some heavy pain med. He said i should be feeling better in about 3 days. I am scheduled to go back Feb 11th for what should be the last laser treatment. I sure hope this works. The procedure was easy. i was awake the whole time. I have just two incisions about 1" long glued and covered with a band-aid. Not even a stitch Thank you all for the support, it has really helped my spirits.

Kenny

WooHooo for great meds! There is nothing worse than chronic back pain and I know from personal experience.

All the best Kenny for a speedy recovery. My offer still stands if you need any help whether it's a trip to pitch in or being a foster parent temporarily.

So get home...sleep...and heal fast bud!
    David

Just got the news from Al...Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery my friend!! If its any consolation, my next door neighbor had the same procedure done and he is running around like a teenager again! He said it was like turning on a light switch going from intense pain to completely normal and pain free. Hes even playin golf again.

Get well bud and hope to see you soon!!
    Mark

Thumbs up Re: I am in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by acroken View Post
    I really appreciate everyone's replies to my situation. I have seen 3 surgeons who all feel my back is too unstable with the amount of slippage, graded at a 4/5. My concerns, which are many but topping the list is the % of success they will have in fusing my spine. I know i can not keep on living with the condition i am in now. I have decided to take a gamble on a new developing technique which shows to be very promising. Laser percutaneous endoscopic discectomy. I am leaving tonight for Pittsburgh and should be on my way back home on Friday. The doctor feels he can relieve the points (nerve canals)that are pressing on the nerves and causing me such pain. This will be done in two sessions about 2 to 4 weeks apart. The main advantage with this procedure is no major incisions, so i should recover faster. This will not correct my spine but hopefully stop the pain. I will be able to look into other alternative ways to correct my problem once i can see straight. I will be in touch soon.

Kenny
    Kenny,
    I'm glad to hear your found a course of action besides spinal fusion(statistically ,not that successful @ all!)

I hope the laser procedure works to relieve your back pain!

Maybe you could forward any websites or info on the procedure ?

Peace,
    Rob
    If you get confused... Listen to the music play-
    Jerry Garcia

Good Luck my friend. I will you all the very best.
    Ashay Sathe
    Always two there are, no more, no less: a master and an apprentice.

Blog: http://vrsathe.blogspot.com/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234