AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marc Weiss World Wide Fish Farm

Default Marc Weiss World Wide Fish Farm

Does anyone know what ever happened to Marc? I got some Blue Diamonds from him back in the 80's and they spawned some really nice fish. I was told he was the originator of the Blue Diamond strain, not sure if that is true though. He had some really nice fish.

Thanks,
    Jim

sorry if this in the wrong place
    common sense is not common

Registered Member

Default Re: Marc Weiss World Wide Fish Farm

Not sure what happend to Marc...But he DID NOT originate the BD...It was Lo Wing Yat...Marc was his importer to the states...Bill

Registered Member

Marc is around, but from what I know he no longer deals with live fish. Instead he sells a line of aquarium additives/medications. Jerry Baer would be the person to ask...

-Ryan
    -Ryan Karcher
    Aquatic Eco Systems Technician

He is no longer active in live fish. Here is a link to his web site
    http://marcweissco.com/

thanks for the info guys

mkv i like your avatar
    common sense is not common

Marc used to be the U.S. distributor of WWFF. Blue diamond is a mutation, so there is nobody who really creates this strain. WWFF is the first farm that successfully commercialize blue diamond and made big fortune out of it, but not the first breeder who found blue diamond. BD was first discovered in another fish farm in Hongkong. That's what I heard from some old men

I really like Marc's keta peat, but it seems to be discontinued forever...

-Xiaofei

Registered Member roundfishross's Avatar

saw alot of mw products @ kens fish (water treatment section) Anybody know if theyre any good?

Registered Member

I stocked up on his peat moss even tho I dont use it anymore LOL. It is very good tho and last a very very long time.

most additives arent needed..and when you do large constant wcs..you are putting it all down the drain. best to use more basic things. you can use canadian spaghum peat moss..from the garden store.

I saw Marc last night at our local fish club meeting. He is no longer dealing in discus, but he still has a passion for the wild discus. Back in the 80's and 90' he did distribute for Sonny and Rocky of WWFF. He had great fish and was one of the only importers of Asian discus during that timeframe.

I'm trying to get him to attend the Discus NADA discus show. http://www.discus2010.com/ I know he would like to be a speaker at the show. It's just that our time slots are really tight at this time, so we will have to wait and see if anything opens up.

Here is an old WWFF web site link. http://homepage2.nifty.com/fukuyama/ A lot of these discus were available back in the 90's. The web site loads slowly for some reason.
    Jerry Baer
    it's just a box of rain

I remember that site! Those Super High Body Cobalts and Schmidt Focke High Body Brilliant were AMAZING!!!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Smile Re: Marc Weiss World Wide Fish Farm

Quote Originally Posted by yogi View Post
    I saw Marc last night at our local fish club meeting. He is no longer dealing in discus, but he still has a passion for the wild discus. Back in the 80's and 90' he did distribute for Sonny and Rocky of WWFF. He had great fish and was one of the only importers of Asian discus during that timeframe.

I'm trying to get him to attend the Discus NADA discus show. http://www.discus2010.com/ I know he would like to be a speaker at the show. It's just that our time slots are really tight at this time, so we will have to wait and see if anything opens up.

Here is an old WWFF web site link. http://homepage2.nifty.com/fukuyama/ A lot of these discus were available back in the 90's. The web site loads slowly for some reason.
    I would like to see and here him talk
    keep me posted on him
    your friend
    Let me put my beer down and take a closer look and do some more research on this

Quote Originally Posted by yogi View Post

I would like to see and here him talk .Keep me posted on him
    your friend
    Let me put my beer down and take a closer look and do some more research on this

Banned

Smile Re: Marc Weiss World Wide Fish Farm

There are plublications stating how the blue diamond was created, all involving the mutant Ghost Discus and cobalt discus. I have never seen it stated that the BD was a mutatation.

Mat

Quote Originally Posted by ShinShin View Post
    There are plublications stating how the blue diamond was created, all involving the mutant Ghost Discus and cobalt discus. I have never seen it stated that the BD was a mutatation.

Mat

Thanks Mat. If possible could you tell me the name of publications you just mentioned? interesting that what I found is quite the opposite. From all the literatures I read, either publications (e.g. Andrew Soh's books, Mr. Dick Au's book) or online resources, BD is always regarded as a mutation instead of the result of cross-breeding. Only once that I saw the statement that BD is related to ghost, that is in Mr. Lee Khoon Yen's article about his own BD line Ocean Green, in which he mentioned that it is a misunderstanding, and his BD like discus was found in a spawn of brilliant turqs, and should be a mutation instead of a ghost cross.

One thing about BD that confuses me is that why the so-called BD mutation happened at different places but the same time. Seems many breeders in both Hongkong and Malaysia all claimed that they found their BD mutations from their own spawns in early 1990's. hard for me to believe it's just a coincidence.

-Xiaofei

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast