ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Discus Breeding Cones for sale

Registered Member

Default Re: Discus Breeding Cones for sale

Good luck on the cones. I just noticed your from down East. I'm in Wake Forest and my wife is from Eastern N.C.. She is from Wallace. Good to see others into discus from N.C. Interested in seeing the cones as well.

Hey Barb, let me know when you are ready. I would like to buy 15 to 20. I buy mine off aquabid fairly cheap when i buy a case. If you could make them with a lower ledge and a larger diameter top, similar to the one Rod posted we have a deal. I would like all my cones to be the same, i know the fish do not mind but i do Let me know.

Thanks Kenny

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Oh my, thanks Kenny. I have to make over 100 just to start with to fulfill what I have been asked for already. Hope I am up to this task people, it is just a one woman operation here. I may just have to take orders and fill them as I am able to. But I plan to give it a good shot!
    Barb

Registered Member

Well I cant wait to get one with swirls in it ... the one I got is kindah small for my 29gal and I would like around 2 more but I know how long they will take to make... maybe you should sign each piece too just to give it that extra little thing :P. Just send me a PM when you have some made

Yes, I sign all my pottery pieces . I plan to make some swirled ones and hope to get started in the next few days. After I make several, it will take about a week or more for them to dry and be fired. The ones I glaze will take a couple days longer. When I have a selection to show you all I will post pics. Thanks again!
    Barb

Registered Member

Great to hear... I like to have signed pieces as its a piece of art ... Ill def take two swirled ones . Dont want any glazed ones tho i dont think the eggs would stick well to it LOL.

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Quote Originally Posted by philip69285 View Post
    Great to hear... I like to have signed pieces as its a piece of art ... Ill def take two swirled ones . Dont want any glazed ones tho i dont think the eggs would stick well to it LOL.
    ha ha ha if Discus can spawn on glass with no problem, glaze is no problem at all, in fact, in Europe we had for a long time many glazed cones on the market.

The point was, before the little hole in the top, you had "dead water" under the cone. A lot of people had the idea the "dead water" came trough the cone and "killed" the eggs. (I'm very bust doing a lot of things at the same time and my brain freezes, can't get the right word for kill, turn white, fungus, etc)

That's why they came with the glazed cones,

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Don't forget Barb! I am first on the list for the peaches and cream swirl cones!

Best of luck in the making!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Thanks for this info. Hans. I have always thought that since discus eggs stick just fine to glass tank sides and glass heaters then a glaze should be no problem. But I will offer glazed and non glazed cones. The glazed ones should be very easy for us and the fish to keep cleaned. OK Eddie!
    Barb

dont forget mine...ill take glazed and swirly. a dozen for me also .

Real Name
    Ricardo

i can't believe i missed this post Barb. this is a great idea you have and i can tell there is a bunch of interest. we thank you for offering your works of art to each and every one of us here on SD. if breeding were a goal for me i'd buy from you directly. i hope everything turns out well and i can't wait to see your cones....breeding cones....

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Thanks April and Ricardo! I will try to supply everyone who wants them! May take awhile but I will do it. I better stock up on different clays and glaze supplies . Good thing I have the all important wheel already!
    Barb

This is exciting Barb...I can't wait to buy a couple of your signed creations!!

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    Thanks April and Ricardo! I will try to supply everyone who wants them! May take awhile but I will do it. I better stock up on different clays and glaze supplies . Good thing I have the all important wheel already!
    Barb
    May want to stock up on free shipping boxes from USPS also
    Priority Boxes:
    https://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/sto...WT.ac=10000033
    Flat Rate for those of us that will need many cones:
    https://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/sto...WT.ac=10000036

Don't forget paypal takes 3% off the top when you price it out.

HTHs,
    -jim
    President NADA

SOS Crew - Texas

Thanks David, yes I am excited to get things underway with the cones. And Jim, thanks for the USPS info. I thought I had to get the boxes at the PO only. Good to know there is another way to get them. Yes, I will open a PayPal
    account and plan to use the USPS flat rate boxes or Priority. Anyone have an easy way for me to use PP since I have not done it before?
    Barb

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast