AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Discus Breeding Cones for sale

Default Re: Discus Breeding Cones for sale

It only takes a few minutes to set up a PayPal account using an email address you already have or if you decide to use a new separate email like hotmail, yahoo, or the like. This email address is what you will give to folks to make payments to you. You'll get email confirmations of your activity or you can look at your history logging into your PayPal account whenever you want.

To get funds to/from PayPal, you will need to provide a checking or savings account number at some point, but it's not needed immediately if you want to set up a separate checking account just for your business. It's just a matter of preference. There's a confirmation process where they will put two small deposits into the account you used and you will need to confirm your account once you see what those amounts are on your account statement or if you have online banking access to your account. They take the deposits back once you confirm.

You can also set up multiple bank accounts such as a checking account to withdraw and use a credit card if you wish for purchases when and if needed.

Just go to www.paypal.com when you're ready to set up your account.

Hope that helps!

Take care,
    David
    Last edited by David Rose; 02-02-2010 at 05:37 PM.

Glad to help.

If you want to keep it simple with paypal, just open your account and give people your email address and instructions on how to pay (what to include in the email, amount, etc). Taking it one step further you could send a money request from paypal that will have a link the customer can click and pay. Next level up would be a custom website showing your products and utilizing paypals cart system.

Clear as mud (or clay )?

Let me know if you need any help.

-jim
    President NADA

SOS Crew - Texas

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Thanks so much David and Jim. Doesn't seem too complicated. I wish to keep it simple, at least for now. If some people don't have PP then I guess they can send a money order. I guess people still do that in these days of high tech everything!
    Barb

I am starting to make cones! I have my own design worked out, they will be a bit different than the ones I have seen here on SD in pictures. They are more "artsy". I need to know whether or not to put in a small air hole at the top? Those of you interested please speak up here and I will go with the majority. Thanks again for your interest!
    Barb

Registered Member

Hmmm Mine doesnt have a small air hole in the top and I wish it did LOL. So Ill go with small air hole .

IMO, doesn't need one. Wrigglers have a tendency to move around on the cone. I would be concerned with them getting trapped or food getting through and decaying to fowl the water.

Registered Member

Can't wait till I will need them lol..I just have to find the right discus for my tank now been researching and getting the tank set up and ready before I put discus in there..should be anyday now ..Looked at a few already

So what's the purpose of the small air hole anyhow? They are heavy enough so why need to let air out?
    I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it.. - W. C. Fields
    Joan R

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by joanr View Post
    So what's the purpose of the small air hole anyhow? They are heavy enough so why need to let air out?
    from what i read from Hans is that people were scared of "dead water" that accumulates inside of the cone since it gets no movement. i have no idea of the truth of this so please don't ask

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Matt

I find that i get more "dead water" with a hole then without. The hole is handy for getting the air out from under the cone and lifting it in and out of the tank, but other then that I see no real benefit for the hole. I just find myself lifting the cone and cleaning under it more constantly with a hole then without.

Its amazing how much stuff can get in there via a small hole. Granted both no hold and hole trap wastes, but the hole seems to trap more. Ironically the hole makes it easier to clean, because when you lift the cone no hole would hold a suction so once you break the water line all the wastes go pouring back into the tank. A cone with the hole you can lift without the waste really leaving the bottom of the tank.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Discus Hans

I'm talking about a hole smaller as fry, so no fry dropping in or dirt.

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Registered Member

Dunno that I'll buy any, but sanding the bottom of the cones flat before firing will help to keep crud from getting underneath...

As a whole other way of looking at it, making cones with scalloped bottom edges and room enough inside to accomodate an ATI sponge filter might be a way to go, with the top hole large enough to accomodate the clear filter chimney...

those with actual breeding experience might want to chime in on that, yea or nay, offer their perspective...

Registered Member diamond_discus's Avatar

I don't like those small hole either. I have one without hole and that cone stays very clean. Frys won't get in .. and junk won't get it .. No hole, please.

Ok, no hole it is then. But I can always make some with holes later on if there is a need for them. Had never thought of a cone with a filter inside it. That could be done too. I can make clay do lots of things!
    Barb

Any photos yet?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast