AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Air pump

Default Air pump

Thinking of getting this pump to drive the sponge filters in 6 of my 33 gal. tanks.

ECOPLUS COMMERCIAL AIR 3: From Kensfish $52.95
    This unit operates on 35.0 watts of electricity per hour. With 65 liters per minute total output at 3.9 PSI per outlet. Comes with 6 outlet plastic manifold that uses standard airline tubing.

http://www.kensfish.com/airpumps/ecc...alairpumps.jpg

Anyone using this air pump? Comments or suggestions on alternatives welcome.

Thanks

Rick..

Default Re: Air pump

Not one of the quieter ones,give ken a call and he give all the info you need..
    Quote Originally Posted by Richy44 View Post
    Thinking of getting this pump to drive the sponge filters in 6 of my 33 gal. tanks.

ECOPLUS COMMERCIAL AIR 3: From Kensfish $52.95
    This unit operates on 35.0 watts of electricity per hour. With 65 liters per minute total output at 3.9 PSI per outlet. Comes with 6 outlet plastic manifold that uses standard airline tubing.

http://www.kensfish.com/airpumps/ecc...alairpumps.jpg

Anyone using this air pump? Comments or suggestions on alternatives welcome.

Thanks

Rick..

Real Name
    Francis

Hi Rick.....perhaps a true linear air pump like LPH80 82 LPM @1.5 PSI at Jehmco.
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Registered Member diamond_discus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seanyuki View Post
    Hi Rick.....perhaps a true linear air pump like LPH80 82 LPM @1.5 PSI at Jehmco.
    I use the LPH26 to supply 16 outlets, and still have room to support more. Great product indeed. Only 32 watts.

Registered Member

I bought the DAPPH30 from Jehmco last spring, and have been quite pleased with it- I vent off a lot of air, but I'll be ready for expansion, for sure-

http://www.jehmco.com/html/diaphragm_air_pumps.html

It's a little noisy, not horrible, which isn't an issue for me- it's down in the cellar with the aging barrels, plumbed up to the tanks with 3/8" vinyl tubing. A closet might be another good place to keep one. It's also surprisingly large, ~8"x10"x8".

John at Jehmco says it uses the same diaphragm kit as the next larger model, which they stock. They'll also furnish gang valve manifolds with your choice of barb fittings at a reasonable price.

Big diaphragm pumps need to have pressure vented off to prevent damage if they're not being used at full capacity...

I use the LPH26 , have used for four or five years . Great quality , quiet , drives 16 hydros and four ball difusers and is still stong . Highly recomend it .Bought it from John at Jehmco.

Roberto.