ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Woo Hoo it's breetin time!

Default Re: Woo Hoo it's breetin time!

I'm happy for YOU, the discus sandwich musta been a great sight (looking inbetween).
    【DiscusKev (Kevin) says:】
    Check out my Youtube videos
    Like my videos? 'SUBSCRIBE' ➜ www.YouTube.com/DiscusKev

Tito

So I wonder if my fry are eating the copepods that I see on the glass?

I would imagine copepods would be some of the first tid bits Discus fry would get in the Amazon.
    Last edited by Tito; 07-27-2010 at 10:02 AM.

Tito

No more copepods on the glass!

Interesting observation.

Two days ago a few of the fry had detached from the parents. About ten of them - they were all over the place - mostly up top and on the sides of the glass. Yesterday when I got home - they were all back with the parents.

The only conclusion that I can come up with is that a small copepod population had grown and the fry went after them. Yesterday I put a magnifying lens to the glass and I could not find a copepod! The copepods must have gotten into the breeder from the sponge filter that I had placed in teh main tank for a few days. The main tank has plants.

Tito

Ok here is a final pic until they are at least an inch!

Looking good Tito!

All the best,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Real Name
    Larry

Hey Tito look great how did you solve the water change issue? Have you started feeding bbs really gets them growing. I did 80% water changes first week and then second week twice a day feed bbs 6 times a day after first week and pulled parents at 2 and half weeks. Love Leopard have females laying eggs all over, just waiting to get past this first spawn to let them spawn, I couldn't handle more than one spawn at a time allot of work!!! Good Luck, Larry.

Tito

Quote Originally Posted by jaykne View Post
    Hey Tito look great how did you solve the water change issue? Have you started feeding bbs really gets them growing. I did 80% water changes first week and then second week twice a day feed bbs 6 times a day after first week and pulled parents at 2 and half weeks. Love Leopard have females laying eggs all over, just waiting to get past this first spawn to let them spawn, I couldn't handle more than one spawn at a time allot of work!!! Good Luck, Larry.
    Well..here it goes.

I just put the python in and sucked the water out. Then I made sure water going back in was same temp as tank, then I closed the valve on the python and let it into the tank. Used two capfulls of aquasafe and hoped for the best. It worked just fine. I am using the OSI instant baby bhrine shrimp. No time for hatching shrimp.

Thanks Eddie.

Registered Member

Hi TiTo!
    Why the first picture your pair was blue and the second picture was red leopard?

Tito

Quote Originally Posted by bach View Post
    Hi TiTo!
    Why the first picture your pair was blue and the second picture was red leopard?
    Uh - I've got a $100 camera from Sears on sale. LOL

From start to finish this thread is about my Red Leopard Pair that I got a few months ago from Discus Madness.

Cheap cameras take cheap pictures - they keep changing the color of the fish.

Camera can interpret the colors in auto mode as they see fit, not Titos fault.

Fish looking good bro!

Rodrigo

Tito

Quote Originally Posted by roclement View Post
    Camera can interpret the colors in auto mode as they see fit, not Titos fault.

Fish looking good bro!

Rodrigo

THanks Rod!

Unfortunately I'm loosing fry. And I think I know why - I'm feeding straight tap into the tank with the water change and pouring in the aquasafe. I know not the best thing to do but until I can get a dual setup - I will have to do. I'm trying to get another tank now so that I can have a 29 on top and another below. That would let me age the water on the top tank.

I have two empty tanks in my backyard that are not pretty but old water and are free if you want them, or one. Let me know.

I would slow down wc for now, do a small change every other day or so if you think thats what is causing the die off.

Rodrigo

Tito

Quote Originally Posted by roclement View Post
    I have two empty tanks in my backyard that are not pretty but old water and are free if you want them, or one. Let me know.

I would slow down wc for now, do a small change every other day or so if you think thats what is causing the die off.

Rodrigo
    Rod I sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito View Post
    THanks Rod!

Unfortunately I'm loosing fry. And I think I know why - I'm feeding straight tap into the tank with the water change and pouring in the aquasafe. I know not the best thing to do but until I can get a dual setup - I will have to do. I'm trying to get another tank now so that I can have a 29 on top and another below. That would let me age the water on the top tank.
    Sorry to hear Tito, I'd highly recommend using aged water for fry rearing and ALOT of it. Hope things get worked out.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Tito

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Sorry to hear Tito, I'd highly recommend using aged water for fry rearing and ALOT of it. Hope things get worked out.

Eddie

THanks Eddie. No more casualties to date. I'll be making much smaller water changes at this point in increments of 5 gallons since I have a 5 gallon tank to age water in. Until I can get a dual tank setup going this will have to do.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast