ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FishKing Replacement Discus

Default FishKing Replacement Discus

Good Evening All. Im sure many have read the post by Rod concerning the numerous deaths caused by discus which were sent by FisKing Discus in early December. It was a very lengthy thread so I will try to make this as brief as possible. Fishking agreed to make ammends by replacing discus that had died due to their sending out sick fish. I lost 80 discus which included mostly adult and sub adult albinos. If I hadnt been wiped out and only lost a few I would have declined their offer for replacements just as Rod had. I was told by James to make a list of discus I would want to make up for my loses. The list was emailed to James. I received an email back from James a few weeks ago stating that Mr Chen cannot accomodate my list and was going to send me a total of 20 six inch discus. I just wanted all of this to be over with so I didnt protest since I was told I woud be getting AA grade discus and made it clear that if they werent, do not bother to ship them to me. Well the discus were shipped to Washington state on Wednesday from MR Chen's FishKing discus farm. James told me they would be shipping them out to me on Thursday. First red flag went off, NO QT !!!! There was no option given, they were coming, end of story. I picked them up tonight, leaking bags, 69 degree water, two DOA's, lots of fin burn, very bad odor from the bag water,and several I do not expect to make the night. I cannot verify this but I would almost think these discus came in on Wednesday and never came out of the box or bags before being shipped to me the next day. The discus sent were 4+ inches and not the six inch that was promised, most have poor shapes and are B grade at best. Overall it was a very poor effort on Mr Chen's part to rectify a bad situation. My intentions for writing this post is to make people aware, not just on Simply but all over the discus world, just what Fishking discus is supplying as there top quality fish. Spread the word and feel free to give my email address to those who would like to see a picture of a FishKing six inch, top quality discus. I have the real pictures, not the ones on their poster.

Bob

Default Re: FishKing Replacement Discus

WOW
    Terribly sorry about this all Bob!! I am hoping this wont be the end of the line for you?
    Nothing like a bad apple to really ruin your day.

Good luck, Id help you out if I had the means.

RIP Fishkingusa =[

That's a real bummer Bob.... :-(
    Tom
    ----------------------
    75 DT (couple angels and some loaches for now); 30 Gal Peacock Mantis/Reef Habitat;

Real Name
    Ricardo

one word.....WOW

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Wow. How can Mr Chen sleep at night?He should give his head a shake Sorry for your losses.What cause all the deaths? I would like to see those pictures. bonsaidave_78@hotmail.com.

Real Name
    Matt

Sorry to hear this Bob. Hope you get back on your feet soon. Suppliers like this make me sick. They don't deserve business.

Good to know though, glad the laundry is out on the line.
    -Matt

I hope you got those fish in a separate building to QT!!! Would hate to see you loose those great fish you got from Discus Hans due to another air born type of situation like last time.

Best of luck,
    -jim
    President NADA

SOS Crew - Texas

Very sorry to hear this....Hopefully this and the past incindent echos through the discus world and they get what they deserve...It is only fair to post what you received for your compensation to solidify everything,,this forum has international veiwers/members..Ultimately your decision,,just wish something good came out it for you and those that suffered because of some greedy amatuer a$$holes.....

Real Name
    Ricardo

my only head-scratcher thought is this; "why not just properly pack the fish?" Mr. Chen knew the circumstances and should have realized that this shipment had to go flawlessly, unless he really doesn't care (which i think he shows that he doesn't). I am seriously just at a loss for words. Bob, i am so sorry you have to go through such a thing AGAIN. if i had one wish for 2010 it would be that FISHKINGUSA does not sell a single discus from this day forward!

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Very sorry to hear the news Bob, that is very unfortunate and this really does send out a message of the quality of FishKing. I am very sorry for all those who had to go through this and who are still going through the nightmare.

Take care Bob!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Wow, please send me pics at michael_lou@milton.edu. I am shocked at the callous attitude that Mr Chen and co has exhibited. What is James doing in all this? Doesnt he have any influence with Mr Chen? I am ethnically Chinese, and I feel tremendous shame in even typing this person's last name....So sorry for your trials. mike

Bob,

Please post the pictures of what you received. Thats very very disappointing.
    I'm so sorry for you.

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

For whatever it's worth, I honestly believe that James didn't event tranship the fish, meaning, he didn't even bother changing the bags, or the water in them, he just received these poor fish on Wednesday, overnighted them in the bags and shipped them out on Thursday! The fish not only are half dead, but the ones alive are gasping for air on the surface, that to me means gill burn from being in a bag with very high amonia levels, poor fish!

Now I think that James was afraid of puting these discus in his system since they would get sick again so he just moved them through to Bob...that's my opinion, not a fact, but in any case this is worst than the first incident since in the first problem James claimed inexperience, this time he just doesn't care! If these fish are AA grade six inch fish bidy size as has been the standard for Fishking USA...then I must need another Lasik surgery!

Bad people...hope the Canadian crew have better luck!

Rodrigo

So very disappointing. An opportunity missed for some positively powerful publicity, now just condemnation. Too sad.
    Paul

Comfortably numb.

I lost another one overnight and at least another with a large leasion on its side Im sure will go soonly. That leaves me with 16 Bgrade discus to replace the 80 mostly adult/sub adult albinos including proven breeding pairs. If these fish came in AA grade and six inch body size I would have been willing to settle and move on. Mr Chen sent me 10 White Butterfly's and 10 Albino Platinums. I originally requested 40 Albino Platinums in the 4-5 inch range to make up for my losses. The 10 WB's and 10 AP's were Mr Chens counter offer.
    Several people have posted their email address for me to send pics so I just snapped a few to be viewed here by all. The first pic for each strain is FISHKINGS poster pic of strains.

Bob

FishKings White Butterfly poster pic

Here are a few quality six inch WB's sent to me. Are these even WB's ?

FISHKING ALBINO PLATINUM poster pic

Here are a few AP's with reddish brown spots and patches on their fins and body along with one with a very large leasion on its side.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast