AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FishKing Replacement Discus

Registered Member

Default Re: FishKing Replacement Discus

I feel for you Bob. WOW!...It's sickening. To just have a horrible situation, just get worse. That's just like a big middle finger in your face! Sorry it did not work out, and thanks for warning all of us about these people...Bill

I really appreciate your first post to this thread Bob...well said! I'm so sorry that you had this experience, but am very glad you shared your experience and cared to warn the rest of us to protect us from possible issues doing business with this vendor.

All the best in recovering from this horrific experience!

Very sorry to see all this disappointing pictures..It is very easy to see James/Mr . Chen really do not give a $hit about anything that happened here...I would retain a lawyer to make things difficult for them..Have that lawyer contact US customs about their health certificate with these shipments and make it difficult for them to import future shipments...possibly revoke James importing liscense,,,and etc..Apperantly they are fully aware of their negligence..If it were me, after all the facts are so perfectly clear now,I would have to give back what I have gotten from them...All those discus down the drain because some idiot doesn't give a $hit..So sad that this all happened...Reading this infuriates me..If my WB/WS pairs have fry, I will be more than happy to give you what you want..
    Last edited by moik; 01-22-2010 at 10:47 AM.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Marc

So sorry this has happened to you Bob, you are too good of a person to be treated this way. I hope for a very positive outcome for you.

Regards.
    Marc

I still cannot get over it. Aside from the unethical business practice, to do this to animals that are bred and deserving of our care and attention, is outright repulsively bad karma! Just looking at the misery of these fish makes me sick to my stomach. I never felt right after my initial contact with james, and I am glad I went with my gut feelings; he was way to eager to make a deal, and that's always always a bad sign. I hope we all can learn a lesson here...be wary. I am so ashamed for them. mike

Registered Member

Wow, the one(s) with the bad ulceration on the side and the blood in the fins looks like a bad aeromonas infection. I would seriously consider starting all of them on an antibiotic treatment. Oxolinic Acid is my drug of choice for something heavy duty like this. Very sorry to see this happen. It definetly looks like a case of transhipping gone bad. Didnt even rebag/reox the fish. If he had, even with minimal acclimation, they should have never developed horrible ulcerations/ammonia burns. Dont get me wrong, transhipping in itself is used everyday on countless fish all across the US....it just has to be done right.

-Ryan
    Last edited by Dkarc@Aol.com; 01-22-2010 at 12:40 PM.
    -Ryan Karcher
    Aquatic Eco Systems Technician

Registered Member

I dont know how he can run a business this way. How does he sleep at nite

Registered Member

Bob,

Sorry for your lost. I just can't imagine losing 80 discus not just because of the cost of replacing them, but the time and effort invested in raising them. I was devastated the other day from losing ONE of my 6+ checkboard due to a bloating issue, but 80 adults and sub-adults ALL dead is just too much! Thank you for warning us about these people. I think they just sealed there own fate with how they treated you.

All the best,
    Billy

Sorry to hear this Bob it seems they just don't care who they mess over. They should be ashamed of shipping fish without going through the trouble of at least repacking them in fresh warm water. I would warn everyone to stay as far away from this seller and do not give them a second thought.

I see they are now selling their Discus on Seattle Backpage.

http://seattle.backpage.com/PetsForS...Ad?oid=3027256
    George

Hey Bob:

I'm seeing this thread just now and seeing it really breaks my heart!!! Don't worry too much this has happenned to many of us and more than once! I remember FishKing selling discus a few years ago and when I saw him back on Simply I knew it would come to no good. I'm just sorry you had to be the victim since you do such and amazing job with your discus! I'm always impressed when I see your threads ......

Those ABDs from FishKing for $150 seemed like such a deal compared to the $300 I paid for mine ffrom Dan......Afterall discus are discus right? I was really tempted to pick up six and now I'm so glad I didn't!! YIKES!!! I don't know what's wrong with us? Why aren't we just happy with the discus we have and why do we need to buy MORE AND MORE .....I'm no exception!!!

Wish you all the best and I'm sure we will be seeing more beautiful discus pics from you again soon!

take care,
    Sandeep

WOW, sorry tho see them Bob. This real bad and hope people can learn that not easy to be good sponsor and give good quality and don't just send fish away just for money without good quarentine them. and we as a buyer should more carefull .
    Henry
    Back to Discus grin:

Registered Member

Hi Bob,

I'm so sorry to hear you have to go through this again! Wow, you'd think given a second chance to make amends that they would do it right and genuinely make their customers satisfied if not happy. These people should not be in business and probably will not be for long.

Ryan

Registered Member

Hello Bob,
    We are so sorry to hear about your loss. Thank you for your Courage to expose the BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE of Fishking USA . We will spread the words about their unethical services to the whole world.
    RIP FishkingUSA = ROT in PISS Fishking USA.

Perry,

To all that have posted I would just like to say that this really came as no surprise to me. Yes I was hoping for the best but was expecting the worst. Since I am only one man, I would like to ask that all who read this thread as well as Rods thread which started in December, to spread the word about FishKing to other forums, clubs, and hobbyists that you are associated with. No one should have to go through this and if we can prevent some disappointment in others, in a way, it would be all worth it.

Bob

Gold Member

This should be their new mission statement:

Forgetting quality and service is our goal,
    Ignorance and much apathy is our show.
    So should you be interested in us,
    Have fun picking out “healthy” discus.
    Kindly email us and pay us in full,
    In return, we’ll send fishes for you to cull.
    No worries, our customer service is best,
    Give us a call for a test.
    Don’t worry, we will respond very “promptly”,
    In cases when you’re buying fishes only.
    So have “confidence” in our stellar operation,
    Capitalize on this for your fish selection.
    Urgent and serious requests are duly ignored,
    So wait for Mr. Chen's answer until you’re bored.
    Unlike others, we shine in the spotlight,
    Shipping out the sick is our delight.
    And so it stands, our new policy at hand!

I think this is more fitting!

Back OT: I truly am sorry for all who have been afflicted by this. I truly hope that everyone will continue with this great hobby. Good luck and best of regards to you Bob.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast