Default Re: FishKing Replacement Discus

Quote Originally Posted by Spardas View Post
    This should be their new mission statement:

Forgetting quality and service is our goal,
    Ignorance and much apathy is our show.
    So should you be interested in us,
    Have fun picking out “healthy” discus.
    Kindly email us and pay us in full,
    In return, we’ll send fishes for you to cull.
    No worries, our customer service is best,
    Give us a call for a test.
    Don’t worry, we will respond very “promptly”,
    In cases when you’re buying fishes only.
    So have “confidence” in our stellar operation,
    Capitalize on this for your fish selection.
    Urgent and serious requests are duly ignored,
    So wait for Mr. Chen's answer until you’re bored.
    Unlike others, we shine in the spotlight,
    Shipping out the sick is our delight.
    And so it stands, our new policy at hand!

I think this is more fitting!

Back OT: I truly am sorry for all who have been afflicted by this. I truly hope that everyone will continue with this great hobby. Good luck and best of regards to you Bob.
    LOL, thats pretty clever and quick too.
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Bob, I am so sorry that this has happened to you. And I feel so badly for those poor suffering discus and what they have gone through. I hope you will be able to save some of them and give them a good life after their ordeal crossing the world. Best of luck to you and your next discus purchases which will not be with this horrible discus seller. Remember, bad people always get what they deserve, sooner or later.
    Barb

Real Name
    Francis

Just recieved my replacement discus today from James/Mandy & Mr.Chen ..

The box arrived in good shape and no leakage......the inner bag was packed nicely and placed inside the foam box.....there are no ammonia burn or DOA.

the discus are in the tank for only 10 minutes when these pictures were taken......so far so good and no infections on it's body......the 16 discus are housed in a 55 gallons tank for qurantine period.

the random shots.

I would like to say thanks to James/Mandy and Mr.Chen for keeping their promises to me.

Will keep you people updated.

cheers
    Francis
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Wow Francis, looks like you got the pick of the litter! You got some nice ones in their, very nice!

All the best,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Quote Originally Posted by seanyuki View Post
    Just recieved my replacement discus today from James/Mandy & Mr.Chen ..

The box arrived in good shape and no leakage......the inner bag was packed nicely and placed inside the foam box.....there are no ammonia burn or DOA.

the discus are in the tank for only 10 minutes when these pictures were taken......so far so good and no infections on it's body......the 16 discus are housed in a 55 gallons tank for qurantine period.

the random shots.

I would like to say thanks to James/Mandy and Mr.Chen for keeping their promises to me.

Will keep you people updated.

cheers
    Francis
    Glad they pulled thru for someone. Must of had better Luck since you actually dealt with them in person.
    Dont Let your passion turn into an Obsession

"Frank Mir"

Good for you Francis ! Im glad to see that you received some nice stock. Perhaps its a personal thing with me and them for bringing so much attention to their infected discus back in December.

Bob

Bob, That SUCKS!!! I live Kinda close to them. I might drop in and do a Mystery shopper Thing.

Do they evn have a website?

It's sad that they treat you like this and even more so that they mistreat the Discus. Of course there are always two sides to a story....just ask one of my Ex-Wives...hehe....however I tend to believe you. After the images of the Discus even more so!

Dave

Bob

It is personal! Francis lost what? 15/16 fish and got them all back and in great shape, you lost 80 fish and get 20 so-so fish and 4 are already dead! James has no fear or care because we are here in hte East Coast, I guess he treats people that are close to him better since he can't hide from them...maybe it's time for a quick flight over to the west coast...just saying, I am in if you are!

Francis, congrats! I am glad it worked out for you, all the best!

Rodrigo

Real Name
    Chris

Bob,
    I'm so sorry that you were treated so horribly. FishKing's actions are way beyond unprofessional. I hope that there is such a thing as karma. I can't believe that they are still in business. I wonder if it's worth calling the Better Business Bureau to lodge a complaint.

Francis,
    I'm glad to see that you were treated well and received some nice fish.

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

glad they came through for you francis. iit could be as you said..they have met francis..a few times.....theres two others in vancouver..one went down and handpicked from their ones who had been sick..figured better than nothing....as far as i know..the other fellow hasnt had any response as to whether he was getting fish. dont think any were ordered for him.
    the only ones left at their house are the ones who didnt grow or fair well after the outbreak..as my friend picked all the good ones. those are the ones on the seattle newspaper for 15.00.
    they are moving..and they are also leaving the country for a time..then back to california.
    francis fish came through well..but short distance..and htey still had 80 percent water and 10 percent oxygen in the bags. shipping isnt their strong point im afraid.
    who else got fish shipped ?

Do you think fish king still hangs around here after all this or is reading this? If so its pretty sad they arent jumping in but I guess how can they defend it... pictures worth a thousand words.
    Tom
    ----------------------
    75 DT (couple angels and some loaches for now); 30 Gal Peacock Mantis/Reef Habitat;

Quote Originally Posted by roclement View Post
    Bob

It is personal! Francis lost what? 15/16 fish and got them all back and in great shape, you lost 80 fish and get 20 so-so fish and 4 are already dead! James has no fear or care because we are here in hte East Coast, I guess he treats people that are close to him better since he can't hide from them...maybe it's time for a quick flight over to the west coast...just saying, I am in if you are!

Francis, congrats! I am glad it worked out for you, all the best!

Rodrigo

Rod you think just like I do. Before I act on pure instinct Im going to explore legal actions first on Monday. James sent me an email stating that the fish would be sent out via air cargo on Thursday only if the fish were in good shape. In another email he stated that they would supply me with 20 six inch discus. These discus fall short of six inches by quite a bit. Now the way I see it, that email is a binding contract. Perhaps Im wrong but I will find out soon. Here are the two emails.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
    To: bobt00ls@aol.com <bobt00ls@aol.com>
    Sent: Fri, Jan 1, 2010 2:25 pm
    Subject: Re: DISCUS

Happy New Year Bob,
    Mr. Chen has promised you that he will supply you 10 of 6" Albino Platinum and 10 of 6" White Butterfly instead of 40 of 4-5" Albino Platinum. And he can ship them out next week if everyone is ok with their replacement.
    Thank you.

Hi Bob & Eddie,
    The replacements will come in on Wednesday, and we'll ship them to you both through Southwest Air to LGA airport on Thursday if the fish conditions are good. It's the same day delivery, so the fish will get minimum stress.
    Please come together to pick up the package, the flight info is as following:
    3511/3507 From: SEA To: LGA 01/21/2010

Departure: 7:00 AM
    Arrival: 4:55 PM

Pick up: 5:25 PM

Thanks.

James & Mandy

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by BOBT00LS View Post
    ...In another email he stated that they would supply me with 20 six inch discus. These discus fall short of six inches by quite a bit. ...
    Bob, make sure to take pics of all the dead fish with a tape measure.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by BOBT00LS View Post
    Rod you think just like I do. Before I act on pure instinct Im going to explore legal actions first on Monday. James sent me an email stating that the fish would be sent out via air cargo on Thursday only if the fish were in good shape. In another email he stated that they would supply me with 20 six inch discus. These discus fall short of six inches by quite a bit. Now the way I see it, that email is a binding contract. Perhaps Im wrong but I will find out soon. Here are the two emails.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
    To: bobt00ls@aol.com <bobt00ls@aol.com>
    Sent: Fri, Jan 1, 2010 2:25 pm
    Subject: Re: DISCUS

Happy New Year Bob,
    Mr. Chen has promised you that he will supply you 10 of 6" Albino Platinum and 10 of 6" White Butterfly instead of 40 of 4-5" Albino Platinum. And he can ship them out next week if everyone is ok with their replacement.
    Thank you.

Hi Bob & Eddie,
    The replacements will come in on Wednesday, and we'll ship them to you both through Southwest Air to LGA airport on Thursday if the fish conditions are good. It's the same day delivery, so the fish will get minimum stress.
    Please come together to pick up the package, the flight info is as following:
    3511/3507 From: SEA To: LGA 01/21/2010

Departure: 7:00 AM
    Arrival: 4:55 PM

Pick up: 5:25 PM

Thanks.

James & Mandy

As I stated before, I strongly believe you have a case against FishKing Discus USA.

It's an executory bilateral expressed contract. You can also bring out all of the previous emails and exchanges between you and FishKing Discus USA as well as use their statements on their site as well as what they posted here as evidence when you go talk to your attorney.

Now whether or not the contract is valid will be determinant on the statutes of the state; so it's best to file a suit against them after seeking advices from an attorney.

Even if it's not valid based on the statutes, there are still judicial activism to be considered. So please do talk to your attorney and I'm waiting to hear results. Good luck with it and I truly hope that they will be smart enough to settle out of court and not let it escalate to lawsuits.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

Registered Member

discus keepers worst nightmare. is this why there no longer a sponsor here? lately i been wondering what happened to them. now i know why. hope you get back your money atleast. very unprofessional of them.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast