AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MinnFinn treatment and Flukes

Default Re: MinnFinn treatment and Flukes

Thanks for the info Phillip, on top of Eddies question, does it mention what the ingredient(s) are for the neutralizer?

TIA,
    -jim
    President NADA

SOS Crew - Texas

Registered Member

Each dose uses 1.6 fl ounces to treat 100gallons of water... I might have over dosed a little on both tanks as I was kindah wanting to hurry up and see LOL. But def didnt under dose either tank. The Neutralizer I guess is their trade secret as it has no ingredients labled what so ever. Just keep out of reach of children LOL... I guess that means my small dog in my case hahaha.

Thanks Philip
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member

You are more then welcome Ediie... if this stuff works I wish some of you guys lived by me I could give out enough to treat all the tanks with flukes LOL.... the bottle treats like 2234 gallons or something o.0.

Quote Originally Posted by philip69285 View Post
    You are more then welcome Ediie... if this stuff works I wish some of you guys lived by me I could give out enough to treat all the tanks with flukes LOL.... the bottle treats like 2234 gallons or something o.0.
    I haven't had flukes in my tanks for a LONG time. If I ever used the MinnFinn product, it would be for testing reasons.

Take care,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Registered Member

Well thats why I got it was for testing... even tho Im sure you could test it far better then me LOL. But so far... The fish didnt mind it one bit... faster breathing then normal but thats expected... once it was neutralized it took about 10min or so and the fish were fine and better then before. I just laughed at how they where still food hunting while being treated.

Registered Member

Well dosed a second time today... as that thing is suppose to neutralize what was done and make it like nothing ever happened right LOL... saw my golden crystal flash so i decided treatment two is in order. This time I put 5 tablespoons in there which is about 90ml... over the recommended amount right there for the 120gal I have and I put 1 tablespoon in the breeder just because. Then I thought why not do this test... and poured a good 5 more tablespoons into the main tank... to make it like Im treating for 240gals or so. It has 24minutes left and the fish are just hunting around like nothing was added and they dont seem to be bothered... hmmm. Maybe test three will be triple the dose o.0. LOL... but we will see what this one does... I will update in the morning . Might be able to sneak in another treatment before work.

Depending on the chemical, double/triple dosing may not have any immediate effects but in the long run, permanent damage may be done. Its always best to follow the instructions by the manufacturers. Alot of chemicals don't rely on strength. They rely on length time the fish are exposed to the chemical.

Eddie.
    Visit Eddie's Place

Registered Member

Well if there was to be permanent damamge you would def see it happen and they are acting like theres nothing in the tank... yeah kind of odd. They are eating whatever they are finding around the tank right now and are actually staring at me wanting food LOL... the breeder tank they are just sitting there wondering when food is coming LOL.

Well if there was to be permanent damamge you would def see it happen and they are acting like theres nothing in the tank... yeah kind of odd. They are eating whatever they are finding around the tank right now and are actually staring at me wanting food LOL... the breeder tank they are just sitting there wondering when food is coming LOL.
    Just a tip, most instructions are best followed.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Registered Member

Thanks for the tip but it was a test to see if I accidently over dosed what would happen... nothing LOL. Im probably saying double when maybe it was like an extra table spoon or a table spoon and a half extra... but yeah LOL. I dont have the most steady hands in the world and extra spilled in on my last dosing of it. So it added I dunno what else to the tank. But they seem fine... even my small fish are fine. Which is good to know.

Registered Member

Actually the color on my red cover is a lot better now... more red then he has been in a while. My red melon isnt hiding like she was before now... so maybe just maybe its helping...

Thanks for the tip but it was a test to see if I accidently over dosed what would happen... nothing LOL. Im probably saying double when maybe it was like an extra table spoon or a table spoon and a half extra... but yeah LOL. I dont have the most steady hands in the world and extra spilled in on my last dosing of it. So it added I dunno what else to the tank. But they seem fine... even my small fish are fine. Which is good to know.
    There are many factors involved in the efficiency or toxicity of any chemical. Your makeup water can be totally different from another persons. Also, if hydrogen peroxide is similar to PP with it being an oxidizer, there may be a high amount of organics in your water. This would make it less potent, as in the color change of PP when there are high organics in the water.

Quick net search. Higher concentrations can kill

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/j...TRY=1&SRETRY=0

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Registered Member

That link had an error... my water chemistry is different from the guys who posted this thread in both my tanks. The Ph is higher about 7.4 or so but I do have soft water straight from the tap. I dunno about organics in the water i probably have something in the main tank it is a planted tank LOL. So Yeah but in the bb tank the red cover colored up after this treatment. Main tank... Checkerboard pigeon breathing slower, intermedite (from Kenny) breathing slower, altum breathing slower... pretty much any that where crazy breathing before are now slower then before and color is getting better... but to soon to say if it worked for sure. More treatments are needed to make sure. *throws some cycle in both tanks in case some bio filter was killed*

Also, a scope is the only definite way of knowing what it was you were dealing with and whether or not it was effective.

Here the bit from the link, taken from

Journal of the World Aquaculture Society
    Journal of the World Aquaculture Society
    Volume 32 Issue 2, Pages 250 - 254

Published Online: 3 Apr 2007

© Copyright by the World Aquaculture Society 2009

ABSTRACT

Ectoparasite infections can cause death or a decline in the general health of farm-raised finfish. This paper reports the findings from two studies conducted to evaluate the efficacy of hydrogen peroxide as a therapeu-tant for the control of infections of Amyloodinium sp. on cultured Pacific threadfin Polydactylus sexfilis (locally called "moi"). Threadfin with amyloodiniasis collected from a commercial farm were used in both trials. Prior to the trials, and following hydrogen peroxide treatment, the extent of infection was determined by a gill biopsy procedure. An initial trial was conducted in the laboratory to assess the response of juvenile threadfin and Amyloodinium sp. trophonts to hydrogen peroxide exposure at four dosages: 0, 75, 150, or 300 mg/L for 30 min. In a trial on a commercial farm, a hydrogen peroxide treatment at 75 mg/L for 30 min was applied to juvenile threadfin in a grow-out tank. In both trials, hydrogen peroxide was immediately flushed from the culture system with sea-water after the 30 min exposure period. In the laboratory trial, treatment with 300 mg/L hydrogen peroxide resulted in 100% mortality of the exposed group of fish. However, single treatments with hydrogen peroxide at concentrations of 75 or 150 mg/L eliminated Amyloodinium sp. trophonts without causing loss of fish. In the field trial, a single treatment with 75 mg/L hydrogen peroxide greatly reduced levels of Amyloodinium infestation, and a second treatment 6 d later reduced Amyloodinium trophonts to a nondetectable level. These findings suggest that hydrogen peroxide is a suitable chemical for the treatment of amyloodiniasis of cultured, juvenile Pacific threadfin.
    Visit Eddie's Place

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast