ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Planning my new fish room

Registered Member

Default Re: Planning my new fish room

Kenny just alerted me that the link I posted didn't work. Here are two more from two other companies.

http://www.farmhardware.com/SuperSto...ProductID=5145

http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.h...d-2a7ba1285f9a

Hopefully these work. Not endorsing these links ... just showing you a potentially cheaper high flow float valve.

Tim

Good new guys. i found out yesterday that they accepted my offer on the house. Now the fun begins. How do you move all these fre*kin tanks The new fish room is going in the basement. I will be heating it with natural gas and wood burning stove. All tanks will have heaters to balance but if i do it right should not be needed. The best part of this basement is 9' ceilings so tanks will be 3 high. I am planning on a April 30th settlement.

Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by acroken View Post
    Good new guys. i found out yesterday that they accepted my offer on the house. Now the fun begins. How do you move all these fre*kin tanks The new fish room is going in the basement. I will be heating it with natural gas and wood burning stove. All tanks will have heaters to balance but if i do it right should not be needed. The best part of this basement is 9' ceilings so tanks will be 3 high. I am planning on a April 30th settlement.

Kenny
    Thats great news Kenny! Lots of big plans. Can't wait to see the room when its all done. 3 tiers is gonna be high!

Take care and all the best with everything!

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

thanks Eddie, i will mock up the 3 tiers and see how it functions. i do not like the tanks too low, just freaks the fish out. If it does not look like 3 high is possible i will just need to spread them out a bit more. Advantage to spreading them out is breeders can go on top and not have to worry about water temp getting to high. fun times all but the move.

Kenny

CONGRATS KENNY!!!

That is great news! I am really happy for you and am looking forward to seeing your progress on the new fish room!

You are right about the higher tanks having higer temps. One thing that I have done in my small room is placed fans around the room to circulate air. It really "evens out" the temperature between the upper and lower tanks. Since you are not going wiith a central system, air circulation with whole room heat is probably a good idea. I just use some $20 stationary fans from Home Depot. They work great and keep you from sweating your butt off in the fish room. LOL!

Best wishes my friend!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by tcyiu View Post
    Kenny just alerted me that the link I posted didn't work. Here are two more from two other companies.

http://www.farmhardware.com/SuperSto...ProductID=5145

http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.h...d-2a7ba1285f9a

Hopefully these work. Not endorsing these links ... just showing you a potentially cheaper high flow float valve.

Tim
    The link works for me, kinda... click "continue shopping", then search for "float valve"...

Seems like a great fish room in the making...

Good for you man, I cant wait for my move this summer i'm negotiating a fish room with my better half... we'll see
    I do what I must do, to do what I wish to do!
    dominik

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12