AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Moving the tank

Real Name
    Jim

Default Moving the tank

Need some help with this one. I plan on moving my tank to another part of the room and was wondering how long can I keep them in a heated, filtrated plastic bin. I plan on repainting the stand so I am looking at least a couple of days. Is this going to stress them out. Since I never did this before, do you put the lid on , put lighting over them. Any advice would be helpful.
    Jim
    Never to old to learn

Default Re: Moving the tank

Hey,
    i kept my 5 juvies in a 5g bucket all day, had an air stone and heater. I added a little salt and didnt see any signs of stress. I would just try to get everything done asap, but i dont think you'll have any problems
    I do what I must do, to do what I wish to do!
    dominik

Hey Jim, I haven't done it but I've heard guys on here have had to move their discus to new 50 gallon Rubbermaid trash cans for at least two weeks.
    Need to thoroughly wash the can first even though new. A cover would be wise. Haven't heard anyone having problems doing this.
    Funny, I was just going to compliment you on your stand in your last post, very nice. So, what color you going to paint it?
    Good luck,
    Bill

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by wgtaylor View Post
    Hey Jim, I haven't done it but I've heard guys on here have had to move their discus to new 50 gallon Rubbermaid trash cans for at least two weeks.
    Need to thoroughly wash the can first even though new. A cover would be wise. Haven't heard anyone having problems doing this.
    Funny, I was just going to compliment you on your stand in your last post, very nice. So, what color you going to paint it?
    Good luck,
    Bill
    i would be one of those people. put them in a larger tote and put all the filtration/air/heater in there and they should be fine for a few days. you do not need to feed while they are in there either.

HTH

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com