AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jehmco Frozen Bloodworms

Banned

Smile Re: Jehmco Frozen Bloodworms

Well, thanks for the heads-up. I need to thank the woman I spoke with for the accurate inormation she gave me .

Mat

Default Re: Jehmco Frozen Bloodworms

Quote Originally Posted by diamond_discus View Post
    I brought lots of stuff from John (Jehmco) but not FBW ... don't know the shipping cost but I imagine it's not cheaper than DrFosterSmith's $25 flat rate ?
    Actually, I get all normal shipments from Jehmco the next day, so shipping will not be bad at all. i.e. $10 or less

Registered Member diamond_discus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Rose View Post
    Actually, I get all normal shipments from Jehmco the next day, so shipping will not be bad at all. i.e. $10 or less
    I thought the shipping for frozen food is different ? I have to call John on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by diamond_discus View Post
    I thought the shipping for frozen food is different ? I have to call John on Monday.
    Jehmco is in NJ and I'm in PA, so "normal" shipping comes in one day, so they don't charge me more for frozen.

Registered Member

Hello David,
    I am so sorry. It was my mistake. I ordered the frozen bloodworm from Foster and Smith, not jehmco, so sorry for any inconveniences.

Perry,

Registered Member

become a fatwallet member and try to find an online coupon, you could save $10 dollars right there. Fatwallet have 5% cash back and $5.00 coupon is not hard to find using google
    that is if you order a total of $100

Quote Originally Posted by phat nguyen View Post
    Hello David,
    I am so sorry. It was my mistake. I ordered the frozen bloodworm from Foster and Smith, not jehmco, so sorry for any inconveniences.

Perry,

LOL....no worries Perry. I actually tried to call Jehmco when I saw your post to check it out because Jehmco told me once that they sometimes have products not listed on their website. I had hoped you were right

Real Name
    Francis

It's also hard to get Hikari Frozen bloodworms in Canada.....need to train the discus to eat other stuffs too.
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Quote Originally Posted by ShinShin View Post
    Does the 15% include frozen food? If so, lucky you. I am just telling you what they told me - no frozen Hikari semiannual sale. I buy about 24-25 lbs. each sale. Not this winter, however. There was none.

Mat
    I ordered before I got the E-mail about the discount, so I do not know.
    "Don't count your Discus before they hatch" ............Joe

I got my first order of frozen blood worms from Jehmco today.

Pros:
    Definitely good price for the quantity (11 lbs/$62.50)
    Appearance is very much like Hikari brand FBWs
    My finicky connoisseurs of FBWs loved them just as much as Hikari (believe or not, there are some brands they just spit out)

Cons:
    No label indicating "nutritional facts"

Neutral:
    Packaging: large approximately 2lb zip lock bags that you'll need to cut into squares)

Registered Member

Hello David,
    Just got my 30 lbs of Frozen Hikari Bloodworm from Drs foster for $6.19/lb. Up to you to decide what is best for you..... I used to paid $12- $20/lb for live worm. Looking forward to Mal Freeze dry through Al.

Best wishes,
    Perry Nguyen

Hi Perry,

I hope all is well with you. Sounds like Dr. F&S works out pretty well also depending on shipping costs, but the benefit to SD is always a good way to go.

Take care,
    David

David, do the jehmco brand enhance with vitamins like hikari?

When Im in a pinch, short or cant find hikari fbw I keep some of the hikari freeze dried blood worms - my discus like em just as well and 65% protein plus you still get the vitamins. I couldnt find hikari fbw earlier at petco (out for now), they had the san fran brand but they dont use vitamins and the product never looks at "clean" so I didnt get them - so the freeze dried are a good alternative for me till I can get to the nearest lfs an hour away
    Tom
    ----------------------
    75 DT (couple angels and some loaches for now); 30 Gal Peacock Mantis/Reef Habitat;

Hi Tom,

Same here in regards to Petco carrying the San Fran brand. My discus won't even touch them.

I'll send off an email to John at Jehmco to ask about the FBW. Mine love them just as much as the Hikari. They look the same in appearance to the Hikari...very clean and ruby read. The worms might be just slightly thicker...but only slightly.

I'll let you know what John says.

I just wish Jehmco would catch up with the times and current technology and offer online secure ordering. The web site also needs some work as it's rather clunky to navigate. No issues with customer service however.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast