AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you like fries with that?

Real Name
    Chris

Default Re: Would you like fries with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    Thanks all. I'd love to get some photos published one day.
    Wow! After seeing those pics I was thinking that you should make a coffee table book of discus pictures.

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wow amazing detail on the pics of the little ones. Good luck with them.

Ruben

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Would you like fries with that?

Matt,

Such amazing detailed pictures! I couldn't capture anything this well even 20 times their size lol...hope all goes smoothly with them and thanks for sharing.

Vince might have some competition soon lol...

Kenny
    Tel: (650) 290-1283
    Email: kennysdiscus@gmail.com
    To receive future monthly shipment notifications click here: http://eepurl.com/bBqhK5

Hey, if I can not get lucky myself..all I hope is to see someone elses,but it would be nice to see WB fry in my own tanks...Any updates of the fry???
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny's Discus View Post
    Matt,

Such amazing detailed pictures! I couldn't capture anything this well even 20 times their size lol...hope all goes smoothly with them and thanks for sharing.

Vince might have some competition soon lol...

Kenny

Real Name
    Matt

Hey moik thanks, none made it from this last batch. They didn't attach to the parents fully, a few were on and off. I think the parents are still working on it as well. They keep getting further and further each time though so i have high hopes. Waiting on the next batch of eggs at this point!

Which reminds me I need to be ready to have some BBS or fry food ready this time around.
    -Matt

Hey moik thanks, none made it from this last batch. They didn't attach to the parents fully, a few were on and off. I think the parents are still working on it as well. They keep getting further and further each time though so i have high hopes. Waiting on the next batch of eggs at this point!

Which reminds me I need to be ready to have some BBS or fry food ready this time around.

That's a bummer to hear. Hopefully they'll figure it out next run.

good luck,
    Glenn

Registered Member

I just saw this post. Those are amazing pics Matt!! Very Cool! Sorry to hear about the batch. Good luck on the next.

Wade

Real Name
    Matt

Thanks. The good thing is that this pair has no intentions of eating eggs or fry which is usually the case with many pairs. So I'm not worried. They just have to get the process down. Gotta remember this is all new for me too haha so it'll take a few tries. Eric groomed and taught this pair well haha.
    -Matt

Yeah, just beware that everyone wants to have a batch of fry and have the pair do thier job perfectly,but when the fry come and things look good..It is time for the person to do all the work involved in raising a batch of fry up ..Keep in mind that I change water 2 daily and scrub the tank and feed them too,,,amongst all my other tanks too..In my mind it worth all the time and effort..I am happy you were lucky enough to get a pair wothiout raising smaller ones up like I have been doing for the last 2 years..I hope yours get it right this time,,always happy to see WB/WS fry..Best of luck with this next try..
    Thanks. The good thing is that this pair has no intentions of eating eggs or fry which is usually the case with many pairs. So I'm not worried. They just have to get the process down. Gotta remember this is all new for me too haha so it'll take a few tries. Eric groomed and taught this pair well haha.

Real Name
    Walter

excellent photos - keep us informed of their progress!

Walter
    Walter

Real Name
    Matt

Thanks.

Being still on active duty military orders, it keeps me away from the house a good bit, so I don't always get the chance to raise the fry past wiggler/attaching stages. So until I fully am off orders in July, I don't expect to get a viable batch off of them. Like clockwork they spawned again, eggs on the cone when I got home today. We'll see what happens.
    -Matt

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123