AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Shipping folks cause design change

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Default Shipping folks cause design change

I am VERY pleased with my first day of being a sponsor here at SD and showing you my product! Thanks for all the kind words and the PMs with orders I have gotten today! I was smacked in the face, so to speak, when I went to USPS and FedEx to ask about shipping prices. I had no idea it would cost so much to send a 1 lb piece of pottery to someone. I have been worried about it all afternoon. Here is what I will do now. I am going to redesign the cone so it/they will fit into a USPS flat rate box with plenty of packing material to prevent breakage. That way I can charge either $10.70 for a medium box, which will hold two cones, or $14.50 which will hold 4 cones.

My new design, which is one I already have tried, will be a bit easier to make so my prices will be lower. I want to sell these, and make the shipping reasonable, as much as USPS will let me . The clay and glazes will be the same. Just a bit different shape, but still with a lip, that will fit the box.

New prices are as follows:
    Unglazed clay...$12
    Unglazed swirled clay...$14
    Glazed clay...$16
    Whole cone glazed...$22

Wholesale prices available for orders of 12 or more at a time.

Thanks for the encouragement with my new little business.
    Barb

Default Re: Shipping folks cause design change

No worries Barb, I am sure it will all work out. I'll take 4 swirl cones, via USPS Priority. I will pay any additional costs for shipping. If it makes it any easier, I don't even need the lip on the bottom, just a straight up cone is perfect, it might help in packing the box. Let me know!

All the best,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."