AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coloration of juvenile Discus

Registered Member

Default Re: Coloration of juvenile Discus

Hans - in you expert opinion what are the fish above? They are about two inches right now, largest 2.25 and smallest 1.75.

Doesn't matter if you are wrong, I just want an expert opinion. Maybe I will bump the thread in a years time.

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Quote Originally Posted by mjs020294 View Post
    Hans - in you expert opinion what are the fish above? They are about two inches right now, largest 2.25 and smallest 1.75.

Doesn't matter if you are wrong, I just want an expert opinion. Maybe I will bump the thread in a years time.
    My friend, I'm not even going to try to name them.

You're an optimistic guy, think you will bump this up within a year

Now I hear you think, but they have only good feedback, yeah right, try to leave bad feedback, see how long it last

I would say bring your Iron and bag of balls out, if it is not for you, it's for the other customers who are ripped off lol

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Registered Member

Maybe I could change per ball on the behalf of all the disgruntled customers. Better still they could send me their own balls with little messages written on them. To be honest Keith at Somethingphisy comes across as an obnoxious person, and I haven't even had any heated exchanges with him, YET. I should imagine it would be quite a frustrating experiece if you bought his more expensive fish and they arrived in bad shape.

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Maybe I could change per ball on the behalf of all the disgruntled customers. Better still they could send me their own balls with little messages written on them. To be honest Keith at Somethingphisy comes across as an obnoxious person, and I haven't even had any heated exchanges with him, YET. I should imagine it would be quite a frustrating experiece if you bought his more expensive fish and they arrived in bad shape.
    Believe me, you don't have the time to handle all those balls,

Hans
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Registered Member

LOL

Registered Member

This is the best picture I could get:

The biggest one is about 2.5 inches.
    Had some feedback based on this picture from the retailer. They said the following:

From left to right: Ruby Red Mosaic, Siam Red, AquaGreen Scribble, Baby Blue Panda and Red Turquoise (this one is developing vibrant red strips already).

Does anyone have experience with those juvenile discus strains? Do they look right for their age/size?

BTW - They are all eating OK now, frozen blood worm and a little dried food. They are getting a lot more adventurous as well.
    Last edited by mjs020294; 02-22-2010 at 01:53 PM.

Congrats on getting some fairly descent fish from Something Phishy. You don't know how hard that is to do. As for the names, I'm sorry to say that all except the red turquoise are made up and meaningless. At a glance they all look like variations of turquoise but it's hard to tell at this point. Feed them well, as it sounds like you are set up to do, and do plenty of WC's, and they will reveal themselves over time.

Kacey

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by kaceyo View Post
    Congrats on getting some fairly descent fish from Something Phishy. You don't know how hard that is to do. As for the names, I'm sorry to say that all except the red turquoise are made up and meaningless. At a glance they all look like variations of turquoise but it's hard to tell at this point. Feed them well, as it sounds like you are set up to do, and do plenty of WC's, and they will reveal themselves over time.

Kacey
    Yep, I gathered his naming was unconventional. Although when I look around the various sites there doesn't seem to be a lot of consistency.

If I get a couple of nice fish with vibrant colors and the others stay healthy I will be happy. We will add another two or three more but make sure we select them ourselves.

Registered Member 90 Gallons of Fun's Avatar

Be sure to use the proper QT methods before adding new Discus.

the fish don't look too bad considering the source, i too made the mistake of ordering from this guy, customer service was s#%t when i immediatley lost one fish and was told if it's in the tank it's you're problem. still have one from the order she turned to be what i can only say is a type of red cover. she has spawned several times, and all and all is a beautiful fish. hope yours grow out well for you.
    Last edited by Jason K.; 02-22-2010 at 07:22 PM.
    Jay,

the reason i like discus?... is discus seem to like me.

Sounds like you have had a lucky outcome here, those fish all look ok to me. I almost choked on my coffee when you said it took 13 hours to ship them 5 miles!!! What was he using? A golf buggy? Tbh though, the alarm bells should be ringing if a breeder lives only 5 miles away & will still not let you visit to pick out your fish & then takes 13 hours to ship 'em to you.

Good luck with 'em, you are getting all the right advise to grow them into nice fish
    The two best times to fish are when its raining and when it's not.

Registered Member

In all fairness he lives in a deed restricted golf course community, so he definitely can't have business related visitors because he shouldn't be running a business from home. Most communities turn a blind eye when you operate from home but only if it doesn't impact the neighborhood. I should imagine several cars visiting a house and parking in the street would be unacceptable.

Plus the guy is a major league prick as well. I only asked him a few civil questions and he has deleted my account. LOL Someone with Keith's obvious lack of people skills is probably better avoiding too many face to face meeting.
    Last edited by mjs020294; 02-23-2010 at 02:46 AM.

here's a pic. of the one i have left from somethingsphishy. http://forum.simplydiscus.com/pictur...pictureid=1434
    Jay,

Real Name
    Discus Hans

You can call yourself very lucky with that one,

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Hans View Post
    You can call yourself very lucky with that one,

Hans
    thanks hans do you think this fish is a mystic, what strain would you call it?
    Jay,

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast