AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trouble in Paradise

Default Re: Trouble in Paradise

Thanks for the kind words buddy.
    It's good to see their pale colors starting to come back.

So glad everything is looking up and getting back on track! I've sitting on the sidelines following your thread for awhile now and almost feel like I can breath again Great job with all your efforts!

Quote Originally Posted by David Rose View Post
    So glad everything is looking up and getting back on track! I've sitting on the sidelines following your thread for awhile now and almost feel like I can breath again Great job with all your efforts!
    Hey thanks David
    It was a pita for a while not sure what was wrong with these guys and not wanting to do something wrong. Still feel like I'm caring for discus that belong to Simply Discus and didn't want to muck things up. It does feel good to breath again.

Glad to see that things have cleared up for them. Great job taking care of them they are all geogous!

Thats great to hear Bill! They look lovely my friend, pure beauty's.

All the best,

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

From what I've read the Levamisole has other benefits besides killing the worms. It actually stimulates the immune system and was used for certain types of cancer treatment at one time. The fish recover quickly from the dose and it's easy on the bio. Good stuff and glad to see the results you got. I did have one problem with the solution I made and that was probably because I didn't use the right water, just the water being cycled through the Frig Pure filter. It was in the frig for a few weeks and when I went to do the second dose the powder had sort of hardened on the bottom of the bottle with the water floating on top. I had to add a little more water and shake it up real good again. I like using this better than the flake 'cause I have one fish that won't eat flake at all.
    I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it.. - W. C. Fields
    Joan R

Quote Originally Posted by 2075turner View Post
    Glad to see that things have cleared up for them. Great job taking care of them they are all geogous!
    Thank you Evelyn,
    I feel good when they feel good. Been watching your beauties grow out awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Thats great to hear Bill! They look lovely my friend, pure beauty's.

All the best,

Eddie
    Thanks Eddie
    Never had Albino's before, odd to me they don't turn dark, they get pale, even the iris of their eyes. They are becoming a favorite for sure.
    Take care buddy

Quote Originally Posted by joanr View Post
    From what I've read the Levamisole has other benefits besides killing the worms. It actually stimulates the immune system and was used for certain types of cancer treatment at one time. The fish recover quickly from the dose and it's easy on the bio. Good stuff and glad to see the results you got. I did have one problem with the solution I made and that was probably because I didn't use the right water, just the water being cycled through the Frig Pure filter. It was in the frig for a few weeks and when I went to do the second dose the powder had sort of hardened on the bottom of the bottle with the water floating on top. I had to add a little more water and shake it up real good again. I like using this better than the flake 'cause I have one fish that won't eat flake at all.
    Hi Joan,
    Seen the same thing as you. I mixed two batches and stored in a Mason jar in the fridge. First batch with distilled water, second with RO water and both settled out at the bottom of the jar.
    Mine didn't harden, just shook it up and used it. It is a wonder drug especially if the fish have gone off food. I'll probably use fenbenazole for nematodes added to my mix if they are young and eating like little pigs.
    Glad you had success with it also.

Yep, probably the perfect time to get the little critters out of 'em. But be careful with the Fenben, my Golden Butterfly had a real bad reaction to the flake when it was a little juvie, the others didn't. Ok, so the powder does separate while refrigerated, good to know, I almost threw out the solution because of that....lol.
    I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it.. - W. C. Fields
    Joan R

Registered Member

Eddie,

When you say "vermasol", you mean "vermisol" from Foy's Pigeon right? I have my hands on "vermisol" now. I am preparing to deworm by fish. Want to make sure that I do it right.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I use vermasol at 380 mg/ 10 gallons of water.
    55 Gal, Eheim 2213, Rena XP3, Hydor 300 Watts, 2X54 Watt T5 HO, Press CO2
    1 Discus, 4 Mollies, 1 Platy, 1 Zebra Danio, 6 Tetras, 1 Pleco, Lots of Plants

Quote Originally Posted by chhabi19 View Post
    Eddie,

When you say "vermasol", you mean "vermisol" from Foy's Pigeon right? I have my hands on "vermisol" now. I am preparing to deworm by fish. Want to make sure that I do it right.

Thanks.
    Yes vermisol....mispelling.
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123