AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: L134 and L333 Pleco special

Default Re: L134 and L333 Pleco special

Larry,

The L046 is still my number #1 choice but I just can't justify the price. Seeing your updated pictures of the L134, it got me interested.

Van

I got my 6 L134 from Larry today. They look fantastic!

Thanks Larry

Van

Registered Member born2lovefish's Avatar

Very Very tempting too. If I did not have a few grand due in tuition soon, I would have considered. Nice looking plecos!
    www.his-angelfish.webs.com

Thank you to everyone who ordered fish and also to those compliments were appreciated.
    This sale terminated as of April 16, 2010. I still have some L134 available and a lot of L333 so I will still be taking orders. Please write for information about new orders/prices.
    There are changes from the terms of this recent sale that are important that apply to new orders. Box charge is now extra and at my cost of $13. Postage has been running $45 per box. It doesn't seem to matter where you live in the lower 48 states when it comes to the postage.
    Last edited by Apistomaster; 04-17-2010 at 02:04 PM.
    Larry Waybright

Registered Member

Looking for L134. I know this thread is old, but thought I'd ask.

Could you send me a PM, Apistomaster? My post count is too low to PM you at this time. Don't keep discus anymore, so rarely visit this site.

Thank you.

I still raise L333 and L134 but I won't begin selling them again until next April when it is warm enough to safely mail them.
    The price for L134 will be higher. My supply of large specimens is limited and the wild fish are now going for up to $60 each and Brazil may be adding L134 to their list of protected species and fishing and export will be illegal. Many other desirable plecos are already on this list and that resulted in excessive fishing pressure on the remaining species. Furthermore, the record drought of this last dry season will greatly reduce the populations of many popular aquarium species as the present high prices already reflect. I used to sell my L134 for 6/$240+box +freight and I only ran a sale last year. They will be at least that much next spring.
    I will open a new thread for the plecos I have for sale next spring.
    Larry Waybright

Registered Member

Cant wait to see em.

Nor can I wait for next April when I can resume safely sending them by USPS Express Mail.

Only 2 more months to go before the beginning of my L134 breeding season. They only breed for me from about March 1 to Sept 1. Then they take a break for about the next 6 months.

My L333 breed all year long.
    Larry Waybright

PM sent

This listing was for last year and is no longer in effect.
    I will start a new listing soon.
    I do not have as many L134 ready to sell this year as I did last year and although my L134 breeders should beginning spawning again soon, I have no guarantee they will.
    I always sell fish which are very close to the same size as most wild caught imports. I never sell one inch juveniles as a few other breeders do.
    The prices for wild L134 have been running $50 to $60 on published lists recently but I will not charge that much but my prices will be slightly higher in 2011 than they were 2010. I will also have to charge for my shipping boxes and account for the raised postage rates. All I can definitely assure all is I will sell my fish for a lower price than the wild fish and that my tank raised fish do not have a loss rate any where nearly as high as is experienced among the wild fish because they are in better condition and disease free. Most of my supply of L134 plecos range from 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 inches. I grow them out for about 10 months before I sell them.
    Some breeders have been able to breed L134 as young as 18 to 24 months so I am giving my fish a good head start for those of you who hope to eventually breed them.

Both these species need warm temperatures like Discus but I have found that these meat eating plecos should not be fed a lot of beef heart. They love the stuff but their digestive systems seem to have trouble digesting beef heart except for a couple times a week. Beef heart often leads to a fatal bloat. I have L134 living with my 10 F1 Nhamunda blues but I rarely feed them beef heart blend more than one time a week.
    I have learned this the hard way between my experience with loosing 10 Zebra plecos I was keeping with a pair of wild Blue Discus and a good friend who has Stendker Brilliant Turquoise. He has lost most of his L134 in a tank of these Discus which received one daily meal of beef heart blend. So please keep this vulnerability in mind. Beef heart is not necessary to keep Discus well so avoid unnecessary risks and Zebra plecos are a species best kept alone or with a few small Tetras and Cherry Shrimp. I do not raise Zebra Plecos yet but the dietary requirements are the same for all Hypancistrus and Peckoltia species of plecos. I do hope to replace my Zebra plecos and eventually produce enough to sell. They cost about $1600 minimum for me to buy 10 juvenile 1-5/8 inch specimens plus freight. It usually takes over 3 years to get them to breeding age.

My L333 prices will not be increasing. They are easier to breed and more productive. Only the box charge and postage will increase their total cost slightly. They will remain at 6/$150 for fish 2-1/2 to 2-3/4 inches.
    Last edited by Apistomaster; 02-10-2011 at 02:24 AM.
    Larry Waybright

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12