ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: looking for tanks

Default Re: looking for tanks

Kenny,

10 @ $100/each shouldn't be a problem locally. If you are not in a rush, I would hold out on waiting to see what the sale is going to be in 4 weeks. I still think they are going to have the $1/gal sale for 55 and 75 gallons. I called but they won't tell me yes/no. Other things that were on sale last year were 20% of seachem products along with 50% off on some of their lights

If anyone in the area is interested, there is a meet there with folks from MFK and AC.

Van,
    that is what i was looking for. I will wait to see what is put up on sale. $1 per gal is crazy. I will have to bring cash and leave my wallet at home
    Thanks Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by acroken View Post
    Van,
    that is what i was looking for. I will wait to see what is put up on sale. $1 per gal is crazy. I will have to bring cash and leave my wallet at home
    Thanks Kenny
    Definitely bring cash. Everything at the tent sale outside of the store is cash only. For the new tanks, you don't have to pick up that day (in case you can't bring a truck that day and need to come back).

Thumbs up Re: looking for tanks

thanks all, so far it is looking like That Fish Place has the best pricing. 75's for $121. Rumor has it that they have a yearly sale on tanks which should be coming up soon. I am waiting on that to see before i decide. I may have to nix the 100's since they are hard to find and expensive if available and just do all 75's.

Kenny
    Kenny,
    I went there 2 yr.'s ago in May-They offered all common sizes upto 150g @ 1$ a Gallon!

Last year the sale only went upto 55g. tanks

So who knows what they'll offer this year @ that rate?

It's great to see your increasing your fish collection! Got any plans for all those tanks yet?

Peace,
    Rob
    If you get confused... Listen to the music play-
    Jerry Garcia

Kenny,

Another thing to take in to consideration is that once you get past the 60 gallon mark, glass gets thicker and the price goes up. Have you considered using 60 gallon tanks? Might be a bit chaper on the pocket book. I went with 29s and 60s. It's working well!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kenny

Good news. The sale is on! Just need to bring some friends. Limit 3 tanks per person.

Edited: Sorry Chad, didn't mean to quote you.

A quick tank sale summary:
    Tank Specials:
    Our BEST tank deal is back! Only $1 per gallon (Perfecto 55, 75, & 90 Standard Black Tanks (limit 3)) PLUS up to 20% off select tanks, stands, and canopies.

http://www.facebook.com/thatpetplace...3186542&ref=mf
    Last edited by DiscusOnly; 03-22-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Now that's a deal! And those are big tanks. They're perfecto's so watch out for tempered glass if you plan to drill!

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Hughes View Post
    Now that's a deal! And those are big tanks. They're perfecto's so watch out for tempered glass if you plan to drill!

Best wishes!
    Chad,

Good catch. Yes, the Perfecto tank are tempered on the bottom.

Bob,
    that is what i was fearing..up to 55's. no more 55's for me i can only hope i find some 75's in the next month or i will have a huge problem. I am counting on these tanks for my move.

Chad,
    i was thinking 60's but the 75's work perfect dimensionally with my 25's. If i did not already have 12-25's i would. I will just have to hope it all works out. I have space to fill. the more the better in regards to heating and efficiencies. The difference you have is in your system. you have more water turning over then i will in my closed tanks.

i have my fingers crossed

I missed that post Van. i am pumped now. $1 gal. dude i am camping out there. I see my numbers increasing. I started looking for 8 then 10 now maybe 12.. Van you just made my day. I owe you big my friend.

Thanks Chad, i will make sure to drill only the backs. That works better for me. I can leave the elbow down and still siphon the bottom without having to worry about totally draining.

This is a good day

i was so excited i keep skipping over the small print. LIMIT 3 PER CUSTOMER??? I am hoping Van will be able to help me out. I will bring my girlfriend too. Anyone else want to help a hobbyist build his room? In return i can supply you with discus Please

Kenny

i was so excited i keep skipping over the small print. LIMIT 3 PER CUSTOMER??? I am hoping Van will be able to help me out. I will bring my girlfriend too. Anyone else want to help a hobbyist build his room? In return i can supply you with discus Please

Kenny
    Don't worry Kenny. I don't need tank at the moment so I can get you 3 (I'll try to get you more). If it's anything like last year, the 55 were more popular than the 75 (weird). Just an FYI, the line to order the tank is about 15-30 minutes.. The line to pay, at least 1 hour!

But it's all worth it.

Van,
    looks like i know what i am doing April 17th, i am bringing our work truck and loading it with as many tanks as i possible can I can not thank you enough Van. You are a good man!

Kenny

Van,
    looks like i know what i am doing April 17th, i am bringing our work truck and loading it with as many tanks as i possible can I can not thank you enough Van. You are a good man!

Kenny
    I wonder if the limit of 3 is per size or 3 of each sizes. If it's the later, I would just pick up some 55 and trade it in to the LFS for 75gal.

Hi Kenny, let us know the up date my friend . Good luck
    Henry
    Back to Discus grin:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast