ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: New lips

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Talking New lips

Just want to let you all know I have designed a thicker lip for my cones so the USPS and FedEx can't break them anymore (I hope)! Only 3 have broken out of the 60 I have shipped so not bad but I don't want any of them to break! Will post a pic or two of the new lips when they are fired later in the week.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Default Re: New lips

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    Just want to let you all know I have designed a thicker lip for my cones so the USPS and FedEx can't break them anymore (I hope)! Only 3 have broken out of the 60 I have shipped so not bad but I don't want any of them to break! Will post a pic or two of the new lips when they are fired later in the week.
    Barb
    Sent you a pm last week not sure you received it. Can you please send me a price list? thanks

Hi, yes I did reply with a PM. Wonder where it went? Off into space I guess. Will send you a new one right away. Thanks,
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Barb,

I'm anxious to see the new "beefier" design!

By the way, my marlboro pair love their new cone, but they are still laying on the glass. LOL! I'm sure they'll use the cone soon.

Best wishes!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real Name
    Ricardo

When i saw the title I figured Botox Lol. Can't wait to see the new cones Barb and I'm glad you are doing well with them. I'm still working on getting an adult female BNP so that I can buy a cave from you.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Just a thought: what if you used a clear glaze and glazed the whole cone so that the texture is smooth like glass for those who don't want color glaze? will that help entice glass layers to lay on the cone instead?

Yes, I could certainly do that! But lots of folks seem to be afraid of putting glazed objects into their tanks for fear of poisoning. But I only use food safe glazes so that should not be an issue. I am soon going to make some all white cones with some colorful blue and green glazes on the tops of them.
    Barb